A Quote From One Of The Smartest Men Who Ever Lived:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)
That there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists is beyond dispute; religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, imbued with man’s fear, ignorance, and arrogance.

The propensity of most theists to use their religious dogma as ‘justification’ to disadvantage his fellow man is proof of that.

Some people spend entirely too much time blabbering about something they supposedly don't believe in

And they all suffer from the delusion that they're experts on theology as well, even though it's obvious they're overwhelmingly ignorant about it.

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

That there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists is beyond dispute; religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, imbued with man’s fear, ignorance, and arrogance.

The propensity of most theists to use their religious dogma as ‘justification’ to disadvantage his fellow man is proof of that.

Like Einstein...you have an opinion

God is the product of man's fear, ignorance, and arrogance?

Where there is that little issue of how we all got here. I personally find it arrogant that the notion of God is blindly dismissed as a source of such life, especially when science can't even replicate life in a lab.

Some people spend entirely too much time blabbering about something they supposedly don't believe in

And they all suffer from the delusion that they're experts on theology as well, even though it's obvious they're overwhelmingly ignorant about it.

They fancy themselves as knowers of all and experts on every subject. Just laugh at them

Einstein was right about one thing, people are stupid and arrogant.

And yes, Einstein was human as well.

[QUOTE="Iceweasel, post: 14032705, member: 46539".]Go ahead and back that up. Otherwise you are as guilty as those you ridicule. Should be easy if it's beyond dispute.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Have fun refuting Aquinas and Aristotle. The famous sociopath Richard Dawkins tried it and just ended up proving he was an imbecile, and had to segue into strawmen arguments rather than address Aquinas directly.

Thomas Aquinas, "The Five Ways"—Introduction: The Aristotelian Background

These people were not idiots, nor were they fools.

My paternal grandparents knew Dr Einstein when he came over from Europe , they were secular Jews , I still have a photo taken with my grandparents and Dr Einstein me from when I was 3 years old

Jews, the only religious people who don't really believe in a God.

w
Einstein's opinion about God is worth as much as anyone else's.

And what means this? That his "opinion" about god is unimportant? Einstein was one of the most important human beings who ever lived. His influence is still today gigantic. Again: Einstein said very clear "I am not an atheist and I am not a pantheist". He expressed very clear that he hates it to be called atheist. He speaks often about god with the words "der Alte" (="the old one") - what sounds in the german language very familiar. He refers in his faith to the philosopher "Baruch de Spinoza" = "Benedictus de Spinoza". The nick name "Baruch" in the german language came from a writer of the prophet Jeremia ...

PS: Religion and faith - as well as science and philosophy - don't follow the rule "one man one vote", otherwise every Christian would have to be a member of our own catholic church or we would be able to give every Christians instructions, because we are the majority. They follow the rules of the search for truth. And this rules are rules of the Holy Spirit - not our rules. The wind blows wherever the wind likes to blow.

Last edited:
My paternal grandparents knew Dr Einstein when he came over from Europe , they were secular Jews , I still have a photo taken with my grandparents and Dr Einstein me from when I was 3 years old

Jews, the only religious people who don't really believe in a God.

I guess there's indeed a difference between jewish atheists and others. Jewish atheists are normally not extremists. I agree for example in lots of things what the atheist Feynman said, I agree with nearly nothing what the atheist Dawkins says. I guess some atheists in the jewish traditions have an unbelievable high respect not to say anything what could be wrong about god - so they prefer to be atheists.

Last edited:
Einstein dismissed the idea of God as the product of human weakness and the Bible as "pretty childish."

einstein.jpg

The bible is childish? Human beings are weak? Sure! Was anyone in the world more childish than Einstein? His wife for example asked him to wear better clothes when he met some phycisists at the university and he answered "Why? - Everyone knows me there.". Some time later he had to drive to a congress and she asked him again to wear a better clothing and he answered "Why? - No one knows me there."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back