A Quote From One Of The Smartest Men Who Ever Lived:

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

“I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind...

to Rabbi Herbert Goldstein (1929)”

And he said:

"Im unbegreiflichen Weltall offenbart sich grenzenlos überlegene Vernunft - die gängige Vorstellung, ich sei ein Atheist, beruht auf einem großen Irrtum. Wer sie aus meinen wissenschaftlichen Theorien herausliest, hat diese kaum begriffen."-

Still I'm looking for a translation ...

Last edited:
Einstein dismissed the idea of God as the product of human weakness and the Bible as "pretty childish."

My paternal grandparents knew Dr Einstein when he came over from Europe , they were secular Jews , I still have a photo taken with my grandparents and Dr Einstein me from when I was 3 years old

Personally, I am not compelled to emulate Enstein's views on faith any more than I would follow his advice on personal hygiene.

Personally, I am not compelled to emulate Enstein's views on faith any more than I would follow his advice on personal hygiene.

Eienstein wasn't an atheist, he was a self proclaimed agnostic..there is a huge difference between the two

Eienstein wasn't an atheist, he was a self proclaimed agnostic..there is a huge difference between the two
Indeed. Who said he was an atheist?

I've seen people claim it...even on this very forum. Einstein was a man..he had his opinions like any other man. It's all about faith.

I've seen people claim it...even on this very forum. Einstein was a man..he had his opinions like any other man. It's all about faith.

Faith is not an opinion. And Einstein is one of the most important human beings of the last few milleniums.

"Nichts Vorzüglicheres können sich die Menschen zur Erhaltung ihres Seins wünschen, als daß alle in allem dermaßen miteinander übereinstimmen, daß gleichsam alle Geister und Körper einen Geist und einen Körper bilden und alle zumal für sich suchen, was allen gemeinschaftlich nützlich ist. Hieraus folgt, daß Menschen, die sich von der Vernunft regieren lassen, nichts für sich verlangen, was sie nicht auch für andere Menschen begehren, und also, daß sie gerecht, treu und ehrenhaft sind."

Baruch de Spinoza

Last edited:

Faith is not an opinion.

I never said faith is an opinion. I said Einstein had an opinion

The same people that would say Einstein's opinion on various subjects is irrelevant, are the same people that think Sarah Palin has a point.

About anything.

Some people spend entirely too much time blabbering about something they supposedly don't believe in

My paternal grandparents knew Dr Einstein when he came over from Europe , they were secular Jews , I still have a photo taken with my grandparents and Dr Einstein me from when I was 3 years old
guno.jpg

Wow, I just found the picture of Guno and Einstein.

Einstein also said "God does not play dice". He seems to have been a deist of sorts and rejected any man made interpretation. I have similar views but each to their own until they force it on another.

Forum List

Back