I Love This Stuff....It's Nice To Know I'm Not Alone

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled
after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the
individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous
egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all
eternity...to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly
to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."
~Dr. Albert Einstein~(from his obituary)

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a
virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that
the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"
~Thomas Jefferson~ (from a letter he wrote to John Adams)

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled
after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the
individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous
egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all
eternity...to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly
to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."
~Dr. Albert Einstein~(from his obituary)

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a
virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that
the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"
~Thomas Jefferson~ (from a letter he wrote to John Adams)
Alberts quote is funny considering he ridicules the believers of heaven then describes a heaven of his own.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but it seems to me...thinking about the story of Job for instance... that a good, benevolent "god" would NOT "test" his people's "faith", but REWARD them NOW as way to EARN and KEEP their "faith".
Rather than some vague promise of "pie in the sky but first you have to die"...more carrot, less stick.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but it seems to me...thinking about the story of Job for instance... that a good, benevolent "god" would NOT "test" his people's "faith", but REWARD them NOW as way to EARN and KEEP their "faith".
Rather than some vague promise of "pie in the sky but first you have to die"...more carrot, less stick.

Yeah.....I've always been partial to things I can see. Kinda hard for me to waste much time on some 24ct asshole in the sky who a few camel herders wrote about 2000 years ago and nobody's ever seen. When somebody believes that because I don't believe what they believe and that I will be rewarded with a one way ticket to eternal torture that kinda turns me off:

what-is-hell-like-by-jim-solouki-L-Fz2r11.jpeg

Forum List

Back