A question/statement/rebuttal about the Arabs being second class in Israel

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
This has been stated many times here that the Arabs are second class citizens and/or discriminated against in Israel.

If this is the case, then why are most of the highway signs in Israel in Hebrew, Arabic, and English? Why are these three languages represented on the Jerusalem light rail in their signage both on the train and off?

This has been stated many times here that the Arabs are second class citizens and/or discriminated against in Israel.

If this is the case, then why are most of the highway signs in Israel in Hebrew, Arabic, and English? Why are these three languages represented on the Jerusalem light rail in their signage both on the train and off?

Because the courts ordered it be done in 2002 in area with significant Arab populations (Language Policy in Israel in the 21 st century The Case of Arabic in Public Space Asher Shafrir - Academia.edu

Hebrew, Arabic, and English where mandatory in Palestine during the Mandate period. I thought it was a carryover from then.

Hebrew for the Jews, English for the tourists and Arabic for the token Palestinians.

You have to be kidding! Quite simply, it is totally absurd to offer up highway signs written in Arabic as proof that Israel does not discriminate against her Arab citizens . . . I'm honesty embarrassed for you, Teddy. ~ Susan

You have to be kidding! Quite simply, it is totally absurd to offer up highway signs written in Arabic as proof that Israel does not discriminate against her Arab citizens . . . I'm honesty embarrassed for you, Teddy. ~ Susan
If only you were smart enough, Pishy, even an anti-Semite like you could get a job in an Israeli hospital. Instead it is easier to just have someone else support you.

Arab Muslim to Head Emergency Medicine at Hadassah United with Israel

How about putting Arabs as doctors, lawyers, public figures, members of the Knesset, commandors in the IDF, policemen, broadcasters.

Yeah.

Awful discrimination, Suzie

How about putting Arabs as doctors, lawyers, public figures, members of the Knesset, commandors in the IDF, policemen, broadcasters.

Yeah.

During the 1960's, Blacks in America were doctors, lawyers, public figures, members of Congress, commanders in the U.S. Army, policemen and broadcasters. Yeah, I suppose you're of the opinion that at that time, no one discriminated against any of them either. ~ Susan

Yeah.

During the 1960's, Blacks in America were doctors, lawyers, public figures, members of Congress, commanders in the U.S. Army, policemen and broadcasters. Yeah, I suppose you're of the opinion that at that time, no one discriminated against any of them either. ~ Susan

In the college I went to, I had to pay full price for my courses, while Arabs got discount.

I think it's very descriminated. Just because I'm Jewish I didn't get lower price. I really think it's rude.

Yeah.

Politicians? ~Danny

Yes Danny... Even Politicians....

African-American Members

Senator Edward William Brooke, III - Massachusetts - January 3, 1967

House of Representatives....

131 African-American members since 1870

So to get back on track here, since this thread is not about African American politicians, etc., if Israel is so anti-Arab, why is Arabic not only on some of the highway signs, but allowed on store fronts as well?

That question and the further ones are based upon my visit in 2011; a visit where I didn't visit Gaza, the West Bank, I didn't even go to Bethlehem nor Jericho. I did go to the Mt of Olives though.

Why did I see so many stores with Arabic? Why was Nazareth full of Arabs? Why did I eat at an Arabic restaurant in Tiberius where he only played Arabic music (besides the fact it was a Saturday)? Why is there a Muslim quarter in the Old City of Jerusalem? Why did some of my cabbies in J'sem only speak Arabic? Why did the 10-11 year old Arabic boy in the shuk in the Old City where I bought a souvenir get mad at me when I thanked him in Hebrew? (well that is a no-brainer). Why did the other 8-10 year old Arabic boys try to run me over in the Old City with carts while I was caught in foot traffic and couldn't go any faster? (It was an older Arabic man that scolded him to make him stop).

Why? If Israel hates the Arabs so much, is such a genocidal country, full of the spirit of Apartheid, shouldn't all the Arabs already be either dead, or shunted out of the Old City and elsewhere into some deep dark corner somewhere? Hell while I'm at asking why, why isn't the Dome of the Rock and the al-Aqsa mosque leveled and the Jews building a Temple up on the Mount?

Answer me this. No really.

So to get back on track here, since this thread is not about African American politicians, etc., if Israel is so anti-Arab, why is Arabic not only on some of the highway signs, but allowed on store fronts as well?

That question and the further ones are based upon my visit in 2011; a visit where I didn't visit Gaza, the West Bank, I didn't even go to Bethlehem nor Jericho. I did go to the Mt of Olives though.

Why did I see so many stores with Arabic? Why was Nazareth full of Arabs? Why did I eat at an Arabic restaurant in Tiberius where he only played Arabic music (besides the fact it was a Saturday)? Why is there a Muslim quarter in the Old City of Jerusalem? Why did some of my cabbies in J'sem only speak Arabic? Why did the 10-11 year old Arabic boy in the shuk in the Old City where I bought a souvenir get mad at me when I thanked him in Hebrew? (well that is a no-brainer). Why did the other 8-10 year old Arabic boys try to run me over in the Old City with carts while I was caught in foot traffic and couldn't go any faster? (It was an older Arabic man that scolded him to make him stop).

Why? If Israel hates the Arabs so much, is such a genocidal country, full of the spirit of Apartheid, shouldn't all the Arabs already be either dead, or shunted out of the Old City and elsewhere into some deep dark corner somewhere? Hell while I'm at asking why, why isn't the Dome of the Rock and the al-Aqsa mosque leveled and the Jews building a Temple up on the Mount?

Answer me this. No really.[/QUOTE]

International condemnation . . . yes, really. ~ Susan

The law,, which states that signs must be in Hebrew and Arabic too dates back to the Mandate. There is a move to change it and make Hebrew the ONLY official language.

Israeli lawmakers push Hebrew-only bill The Times of Israel

Forum List

Back