A question for the anti-choice crowd.

Murder is murder. You either sanction it, or you don't.
A good reason not to call abortion murder, which it isn't. Not even in the Bible.
The reason abortion is not mentioned in the Bible is because it was unthinkable. It wasn't even a consideration.

There is abundant evidence in the Bible that God considered you to be a human in the womb.
It wasn't unthinkable. The Bible states that there's nothing new under the sun. Meaning humans today aren't inventing new sins, it was done already. For intance, did you know that the Israelites fell so low that they reached the state of sacrificing their own children to foreign gods? Literally, slaughtering their own flesh and blood for rituals like some crazed jungle tribe.

So yah, abortion is small fries in comparison.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Judaic Law forbade abortion. There were exceptions made, in certain circumstances, if the mother's life was in danger.

It has the potential to become a person, if he/she is ever born....just like an egg has the potential to become a chicken, if someone doesn't eat it before it is hatched.
A human is not a chicken. We eat chickens after they are born, so your analogy catastrophically fails.

Okay. Now, this is a question specifically directed towards the anti-choice activists. Let us begin with the most common premise of the anti-choice folks: A fetus is a person. Abortion is killing a person without justification. Ergo, abortion is essentially state sanctioned murder. (Now, let us be clear, I Do. NOT agree with this premise, at all. However, it is the premise of nearly every anti-choice advocate. So, to follow this position to its logical conclusion, we are going to allow this premise from the outset.)

So, we have established that a fetus is a person, and abortion is equivalent to murder. Proceeding from that premise, there are actually two people involved in the planning, and executing of said murder - the doctor, and the pregnant woman. Now, the anti-choice advocates have made no secret of their contempt for the doctors who participate in abortions, Oklahoma going so far as to pass a new law criminalizing abortions, and levying heavy penalties against the doctors who participate. However, no one, including Oklahoma, seems interested in punishing, or even acknowledging, the pregnant woman's role in this action. So. What about her? What punishment is reasonable for a woman who contracts a medical professional to murder her unborn child?
trump said there should be some form of punishment for women who have abortions, but then again, he may have switched that to a "suggestion" along with just about everything else he gets called on.
No. That is a lie.

Trump was asked a pure hypothetical.

What if abortion was illegal, should women be punished if they broke that law. He said there should be punishments for law breakers, but he said that is not for him to decide.

I said biological independence - as in biological processes function without assistance. Babies, assuming they are healthy, do not need assistance with respiration, circulation, digestion, or any other biological processes. Care to try again?
There are a great many humans who are not biologically independent, who cannot survive without assistance. Care to try again?

att2j4.jpg

Last edited:
The Supreme Court drew an arbitrary line as to what constitutes a human being. Even they decided you are a human months before you are born.

Seven people decided when that is. Their opinion of when life begins is no more sacrosanct than anyone else's.

2/3 of Americans disagree with their opinion of when abortion should be illegal.

One can smell the desperation of the topic starter. He tries to hide what he knows to be murder with anger.

It is currently legal to murder these unmistakably human children:

2009si8.jpg

25slpw7.jpg

Last edited:
I've always found it odd that Chelsea Clinton/ Kim Kardasian/ Princess Kate and Prince William can announce they are having a "baby" at three months but to others who choose abortion that life inside the mother is only a fetus.

No one ever comes out with an ultra sound and goes "Look at my fetus; we're so happy!"

I've always found it odd that Chelsea Clinton/ Kim Kardasian/ Princess Kate and Prince William can announce they are having a "baby" at three months but to others who choose abortion that life inside the mother is only a fetus.

No one ever comes out with an ultra sound and goes "Look at my fetus; we're so happy!"
They should, since that's what it is.

Using terms such as fetus and zygote takes the human factor out of it

They should, since that's what it is.
At what point is it a baby? When it leaves the hospital?

I said biological independence - as in biological processes function without assistance. Babies, assuming they are healthy, do not need assistance with respiration, circulation, digestion, or any other biological processes. Care to try again?
There are a great many humans who are not biologically independent, who cannot survive without assistance. Care to try again?

att2j4.jpg
Really? that person needs machines to perform basic functions like respiration, circulation, and digestion? Doesn't look like it from the picture. The closest after birth example of what I'm talking about is a person in a vegetative state. And guess who doesn't make decisions for those people? They are made by medical professionals, and family members without once consulting them.

That is because it is medical science, not a kindergarten classroom.

Pregnancy: cooperative paradise or conflict-driven battle between mother and child?

The Supreme Court drew an arbitrary line as to what constitutes a human being. Even they decided you are a human months before you are born.

Seven people decided when that is. Their opinion of when life begins is no more sacrosanct than anyone else's.

2/3 of Americans disagree with their opinion of when abortion should be illegal.

One can smell the desperation of the topic starter. He tries to hide what he knows to be murder with anger.

It is currently legal to murder these unmistakably human children:

2009si8.jpg

25slpw7.jpg

What I find truly appalling is that we have slid down such a slippery slope here with abortion at any stage that Washington had to pass the Born Alive Infants Protection Act .

att2j4.jpg
Really? that person needs machines to perform basic functions like respiration, circulation, and digestion? Doesn't look like it from the picture. The closest after birth example of what I'm talking about is a person in a vegetative state. And guess who doesn't make decisions for those people? They are made by medical professionals, and family members without once consulting them.
Choosing to be obtuse now, eh? Pretending there aren't humans who need machines to survive, eh? You actually want us to believe you are THAT stupid?!?

Care to try again?

vsmmu1.jpg

Pregnancy: cooperative paradise or conflict-driven battle between mother and child?

Do you write love letters to Doctor Gosnell in your spare time?

Do you write love letters to Doctor Gosnell in your spare time?
I support legal abortion, not criminal abortion.

Forum List

Back