A Question for Rightwingers

Would you support mandated concealed carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then you won't mind abortion being made illegal? You still have the choice.

I don't like it no matter whose idea it was. The Federal government has no business telling people they have to buy stuff.

so you shouldn't have to buy auto insurance, unemployment insurance (if you'r an employer) pay tolls,... heck you can always not go to that next state over. right?
See, if I don't drive, no one is going to penalize me for not purchasing auto insurance. If I don't work, no one is going to charge me unemployment insurance. If I don't take a toll road, I won't have to pay a toll.

But the ONLY way I could get out of being penalized for Obama's unconstitutional mandate, was to die.

Apples and bulldozers.
They'll go to their graves trying to sell that bullshit auto insurance analogy, no matter how many times it gets so easily shot full of holes.

Tragicomic, really. :lol:

I don't like it no matter whose idea it was. The Federal government has no business telling people they have to buy stuff.

so you shouldn't have to buy auto insurance, unemployment insurance (if you'r an employer) pay tolls,... heck you can always not go to that next state over. right?
See, if I don't drive, no one is going to penalize me for not purchasing auto insurance. If I don't work, no one is going to charge me unemployment insurance. If I don't take a toll road, I won't have to pay a toll.

But the ONLY way I could get out of being penalized for Obama's unconstitutional mandate, was to die.

Apples and bulldozers.

Well today you aren't mandated to buy a car,, tomorrow may be a different story, they can mandate anything now and call it a tax.. get used to it.

Apples and bulldozers.
They'll go to their graves trying to sell that bullshit auto insurance analogy, no matter how many times it gets so easily shot full of holes.

Tragicomic, really. :lol:
it's not bullshit anymore, they can literally mandate that you buy a car and insurance now, it's called a tax.

Apples and bulldozers.

not really... do you think there's any chance in hell that you won't ever be sick? won't ever need health insurance?

truth is you and i are already covered... it won't effect us in the least. and i'd wager that most of the whining hoards are covered too, given that approximately 80% of us, iirc, have health insurance of one type or another. the others run up our costs and should pay their share.

but perhaps, si, you can explalin to me, why was this perfectly acceptable, as personal responsibility, when the heritage foundation came up with the plan, and when romney enacted it in Massachusetts? is a state making you do something less onerous than the feds? or is it just less onorous for the whining hoards if the person signing it into law has an R after their name?

The government should not be mandating anything. Be it health care insurance or concealed carry.
Again, these things should be left up to the individual.

I know a lot of you have a gun thing going on...

how many of you would support the idea of mandated concealed carry?

Can't think about guns when our economy is so bad and TAXES so darn high. Think that's how most Americans feel right now. Think they'll feel that way through November...:mad:

I fully support the right to bear arms and am against every law that infringes on it.

Freedom is not forced.

anyone that supports that is a full blown buffoon

ok. you're consistent. fair enough.

now how are you on reproductive choice since we're talking about individual liberty?

You can screw whoever you want, whenever you want.

When you get pregnant.....there are more than one persons rights at stake.

Hhhhmmmmm......

So we can say we are for the individual whose voice can't be heard at that time.

Have a day.

Apples and bulldozers.

I wasn't going to bother... they aren't listening.

I'm not angry, why do you persist in thinking everyone wants to tiptoe through your highly touted uterus? I've told you before, the more abortions democrats have the better off the country.
I care about her uterus. and either you do, you are pro choice, or you think it's ok to murder democrats.

i don't give a shit about her uterus, she can do with it what she wants. Are you going to guard it for her?

well obstruction of abortion is illegal. so no.

There might be an obscure connection to abortion and then maybe not. Other than that I can't imagine why a left winger would ask people if they agree that the government should force them to carry a weapon.

It's the "worm on the hook" sort of thing. Exactly why I did not participate.

It's still a choice, is it not?
And considering that the alternative to paying the tax is affordable health care coverage, what's there to really bitch about? Seriously, why are Conservatives so against the individual mandate when it was a Conservative think tank idea?

Canards. You don't have to own a car, hire employees, or drive.

With Obama's mandate, you have to pay something because you're alive.

I care about her uterus. and either you do, you are pro choice, or you think it's ok to murder democrats.

i don't give a shit about her uterus, she can do with it what she wants. Are you going to guard it for her?

well obstruction of abortion is illegal. so no.

so, you don't give a shit about her uterus then either, you just argue for the sake of arguing.

Forum List

Back