A question for everyone: What punishment would you give for each of the first 10 times that an adult with no weapon steals a parked car?

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
A question for everyone: What punishment would you give for each of the first 10 times that an adult with no weapon steals a parked car? In each case, the owner is not present during the theft. In each case, there is video proof of the theft, and thief’s face is clearly visible and identifiable.

My answer:

First conviction: 10 years in prison.

Second conviction: 20 years in prison.

Third conviction: Death by this method of assisted suicide, which is painless, quick, effective, and cheap: Sarco pod - Wikipedia

Therefore, for my answer, convictions 4 through 10 will never happen.

A question for everyone: What punishment would you give for each of the first 10 times that an adult with no weapon steals a parked car? In each case, the owner is not present during the theft. In each case, there is video proof of the theft, and thief’s face is clearly visible and identifiable.

My answer:

Third conviction: Death by this method of assisted suicide, which is painless, quick, effective, and cheap: Sarco pod - Wikipedia

It's called Grand Theft. Unless it's a used Yugo. So, each state has their punishments set. I'd give them 3 years the first time. 5 years the second time. and 20 years the 3rd time.

20 lashes for the first offense.

Electric shock to the nuts for the 2nd.

Hang until dead for the 3rd.

question for everyone: What punishment would you give for each of the first 10 times that an adult with no weapon steals a parked car? In each case, the owner is not present during the theft. In each case, there is video proof of the theft, and thief’s face is clearly visible and identifiable.

My answer:

Hypothetical. You have suspended sentences in most states sentencing guidelines for a reason. A first offense ranges from 1-3 years with probation, and 5-10 years suspended.

A second offense will get the offender 3-5, with 20 suspended but indefinite probation. If they're stupid enough to go for number 3, they usually find themselves sitting on a 15-20 year sentence, and end up doing 8.5-10 years.

The recidivism rate after that many years in prison, is fairly low.

Speaking philosophically here, remember that human life is infinitely more valuable than goods...any kind of goods (except possibly life-saving goods).

An individual car thief, not a part of a crime syndicate, one year for the first offense, a little more, then a little more. No big deal.

Speaking philosophically here, remember that human life is infinitely more valuable than goods...any kind of goods (except possibly life-saving goods).

An individual car thief, not a part of a crime syndicate, one year for the first offense, a little more, then a little more. No big deal.

No way. I'm fond of my truck and I live way out in the boonies. I have a hubby that may need quick transport at any time, and out here, that doesn't mean an ambulance.

Try to steal my vehicle and I'm going to do my best to turn you into a spaghetti strainer.

States really need to go back to the Three Strike Rule.....The third felony conviction gets you life.....End of story.

If you can't figure out the first couple times that committing a felony is a very bad idea then society has no further use for you.

No way. I'm fond of my truck and I live way out in the boonies. I have a hubby that may need quick transport at any time, and out here, that doesn't mean an ambulance.

Try to steal my vehicle and I'm going to do my best to turn you into a spaghetti strainer.
It's not just property either as some claim.
It's my livelihood, my freedom and goddammit, my hard earned time and money.

Thieves deserve to die.
Nothing but parasites.

My answer:

I1 year for the first time and 2 years for each additional time stepping up by 2 to:

1=1
2=3
3=6
4=8 and so on.

A law biding person's ability to drive to work to feed their family is worth more than the life of the car thief who tries to prevent that law abiding person from getting to work to feed their family.

6 years in prison on the first offense. With 5 years on good behavior, meaning 0 infractions of the prison rules if they have a clean arrest record going in. 1 thing on their arrest record going in then no early release.

2nd offense 6 years in prison with no possibility of parole and they cut off your pinkie fingers. You can still function but you'll always be reminded and others will see you and know what happened.

3rd offense you get executed.

I don't believe in prison sentences longer than 10 years. You just end up with lifers clogging up the system, wasting manpower, energy, resources and money. A lot of people if you jail them for too long they no longer can function outside or are hardened by the system and become even more of a criminal. Besides, 6 years is a long time in jail and if you can't learn a lesson in 6 years you won't ever learn.

I believe in prison sentences but not long ones. And I believe in more permanent and harsher punishments in exchange for longer sentences.

People should fear punishment for crimes, a lot of people don't fear jailtime.

Forum List

Back