A question about I.C.E.

If we are going to look at a government agency and see if we are getting a good return on the investment in that agency fine but lets look at all of them not just ICE becuse it's trendy to beat up on them right now.
Many other agencies would get the axe before ICE.

So, this is a new agency, part of the multiple layers of government and bureaucracy that was added after 9/11.

We as a country survived and thrived for 227 years without ICE, why is it now the linchpin to our very survival as a county?

They have a budget of more than 6 billion dollars a year, what do we get for that money? Does anyone have any stats on the return we are getting for that money since ICE was started in 2003?
I'm in favor of getting rid of ICE, only if the entire Department of Homeland Security is dismantled, the Patriot Act is repealed, and all of the trappings that go with it, including the T.S.A. and NDAA with the dragnet on people's data go too.

So, this is a new agency, part of the multiple layers of government and bureaucracy that was added after 9/11.

We as a country survived and thrived for 227 years without ICE, why is it now the linchpin to our very survival as a county?

They have a budget of more than 6 billion dollars a year, what do we get for that money? Does anyone have any stats on the return we are getting for that money since ICE was started in 2003?
9/11 was a nice diversion for GW to open our Southern Border.
Now it's time for them to leave.
I'm sure your salary can pay for America housekeepers and gardeners.
After all, you're super successful...you've stated so yourself.

I clean my own house and take care of my own yard, but thanks for thinking about me.
I always think about narcissists...keeps me from becoming one.

I am not much of a narcissist, I just have a high self esteem from the success in my life

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Too bad you don't have the same regard for the success of your homeland.

Dump ICE, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security. Force the Gov to once again honor the 4th Amendment.
Agreed.

The terrorists won when they forced us to give up our freedom.

Actually, they lost when we forfeited some of out freedoms. Had we not done that, they would be carrying out 9/11-style attacks every week.

If we are going to look at a government agency and see if we are getting a good return on the investment in that agency fine but lets look at all of them not just ICE becuse it's trendy to beat up on them right now.

While it is trendy to beat them up, it is just as trendy to make them out to be the single most important agency in the country. According to on thread on this forum, now even cities cannot be safe unless they are doing what ICE tells them to do.

And yet not a single person on this forum can tell me what they actually do, all I get is a link to their website, which has some great propaganda, but nothing to quantify what they do.

Dump ICE, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security. Force the Gov to once again honor the 4th Amendment.
Agreed.

Actually, they lost when we forfeited some of out freedoms. Had we not done that, they would be carrying out 9/11-style attacks every week.

No, they won. Their whole goal was to change our way of life, and by handing over our rights and freedoms, they did just that.

Need I remind you of the quote...Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I would like to see Border patrol, Customs, and ICE all rolled into one organization.

9/11 was a nice diversion for GW to open our Southern Border.
Now it's time for them to leave.
I'm sure your salary can pay for America housekeepers and gardeners.
After all, you're super successful...you've stated so yourself.

I clean my own house and take care of my own yard, but thanks for thinking about me.
I always think about narcissists...keeps me from becoming one.

I am not much of a narcissist, I just have a high self esteem from the success in my life

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Too bad you don't have the same regard for the success of your homeland.

But I do, that is why I spent 20 years defending it and why I will not just blindly accept the words on a .gov website.

I would like to see Border patrol, Customs, and ICE all rolled into one organization.

Seems that is close to what we had prior to 2003

I'm in favor of getting rid of ICE, only if the entire Department of Homeland Security is dismantled, the Patriot Act is repealed, and all of the trappings that go with it, including the T.S.A. and NDAA with the dragnet on people's data go too.

YES! Almost everything we did after 9/11 was a knee jerk reaction and every thing we did took away some rights and freedoms from us.

Seems that is close to what we had prior to 2003

Nope. Border patrol and Customs didn't share data. Hell almost no agency's shared their data bases. That was the one good intention of the legislation that came out of 9-11 was an attempt to streamline those government bureaucracies. The problem is you are dealing with government and by definition it seems, government is incompetent.

Agreed.

No, they won. Their whole goal was to change our way of life, and by handing over our rights and freedoms, they did just that.

Need I remind you of the quote...Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Better to have your habits and way of life changed a little, than to die in a terrorist attack. Like was once said: "We sleep soundly in our beds at night only because of rough men (and women) who are willing to do violence on our behalf."

Or something like that.

Agreed.

Better to have your habits and way of life changed a little, than to die in a terrorist attack. Like was once said: "We sleep soundly in our beds at night only because of rough men (and women) who are willing to do violence on our behalf."

Or something like that.

Guess you are not a big fan of Patrick Henry and his silly "give me liberty or give me death".

While it is trendy to beat them up, it is just as trendy to make them out to be the single most important agency in the country. According to on thread on this forum, now even cities cannot be safe unless they are doing what ICE tells them to do.

And yet not a single person on this forum can tell me what they actually do, all I get is a link to their website, which has some great propaganda, but nothing to quantify what they do.
Doing either one is what blind partisans do all I'm saying is don't single ICE out just because it's the trend of he moment. If people want to have a real discussion about government waste and government agencies that have become irrelevant and no longer serve any real purpose fine like I said lets look at all of them.

Doing either one is what blind partisans do all I'm saying is don't single ICE out just because it's the trend of he moment. If people want to have a real discussion about government waste and government agencies that have become irrelevant and no longer serve any real purpose fine like I said lets look at all of them.

I am not pushing for them to go away, just wanted to know how much people on either side knew about what ICE does...the answer is very little indeed.

If I could pick one agency to go away first it would be the Dept of Ed for sure

Agreed.

Or something like that.

Guess you are not a big fan of Patrick Henry and his silly "give me liberty or give me death".

How do you perceive that my liberty is any less than it was in 1999? Have I been harassed by the man because I don't have any papers? I don't fly, so I've never been patted down by the TSA. Have you?

Has my house been raided in the dark of night by federal agents? Have I ever been rounded up and interrogated by some government agency?

Nope. Actually, I'm enjoying the most amount of liberty and freedom that I ever have, unless you count all the shit that Obama tried to pull on me. I have more guns, more ammunition, more money, more property, the ability to carry a concealed weapon, the right to exercise my freedom of speech, to vote, and not have to cower behind closed doors in fear of a terrorist attack.

Although, I thank Trump for most of that. Trump, and my great Republican Governor. These are the best times we've ever seen as Americans. You can sit and stew all you want to, but I'm having a great time.

ICE is worth every penny...if you want to save dollars I know a bunch of stuff we could eliminate...like monetary support for PBS or Planned parenting....etc etc

Can you, or anyone else quantify what they do?

Who did what they do for the first 227 years the country existed?
Legacy_INS_-_Front__90118.1499359942.350.350.jpg

Agreed.

Or something like that.

How do you perceive that my liberty is any less than it was in 1999? Have I been harassed by the man because I don't have any papers? I don't fly, so I've never been patted down by the TSA. Have you?

Has my house been raided in the dark of night by federal agents? Have I ever been rounded up and interrogated by some government agency?

Nope. Actually, I'm enjoying the most amount of liberty and freedom that I ever have, unless you count all the shit that Obama tried to pull on me. I have more guns, more ammunition, more money, more property, the ability to carry a concealed weapon, the right to exercise my freedom of speech, to vote, and not have to cower behind closed doors in fear of a terrorist attack.

Although, I thank Trump for most of that. Trump, and my great Republican Governor. These are the best times we've ever seen as Americans. You can sit and stew all you want to, but I'm having a great time.

So, because your liberty has not been affected, you do not really care about the country as a whole?

You do not care that your government spies on its own citizens, collecting text and phone calls of just about everyone of us?

You do not care that the Executive Branch has been given the power to detain anyone, including citizens of this country, indefinitely without trial or legal representation?

Forum List

Back