A Question About Eggs...

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
So I'm trying to get my food prep for the week out of the way...

I'm wondering how long eggs, prescrambled, uncooked, and stored in a mason jar, in the fridge will remain safe. I searched the web, but could only find info on cooked eggs storage life...

Any ideas?

I'm wondering how long eggs, prescrambled, uncooked, and stored in a mason jar, in the fridge will remain safe. I searched the web, but could only find info on cooked eggs storage life...

Any ideas?

Are these cracked eggs or eggs still in the shell?

Eggs still in the shell should last up to three weeks refrigerated, cracked eggs will last 3-4 days refrigerated.

Any ideas?

I have found this for you, it's quite extensive and indepth so I'm sure you'll get your answer from this link.

How Long Do Raw Eggs Last in the Fridge or Freezer?

Any ideas?

Eggs still in the shell should last up to three weeks refrigerated, cracked eggs will last 3-4 days refrigerated.
These would be pre scrambled. It would be a time saver for me to just be able to open the lid, and pour them into the pan. Not as much clean up. I'm trying to streamline my weeks food prep.

I would think they would be fine as long as you have them sealed up well. Least for a week.
Maybe strollingbones knows for sure

Why does strollingbones know for sure TN? Is she....is she....an Eggspert? :eusa_doh:

9eae4aa01d2dfb4e369c61eb26b49dfe.jpg

Any ideas?

These would be pre scrambled. It would be a time saver for me to just be able to open the lid, and pour them into the pan. Not as much clean up. I'm trying to streamline my weeks food prep.

Well that would be they would last 2-4 days once refrigerated.

upload_2017-6-25_14-48-9.png

Any ideas?

Here's another one that says 2-4 days once refrigerated.

upload_2017-6-25_14-50-38.png

Here's the link for you.

Egg Storage Chart | FoodSafety.gov

Any ideas?
I would say no more than a week as long as it's sealed immediately in the mason jar with very little air left in the jar. Eggs out of the shell and loosely covered will last about a day if that and the biggest issue isn't the egg spoiling but the egg picking up every odor that's in the fridge and the rapid loss of it's natural moisture, a problem you won't have with them sealed in a jar. As for why you want to do this I'm not sure as cracking eggs open and scrambling them takes less than 30 seconds probably closer to 10 seconds.

Any ideas?

Well that would be they would last 2-4 days once refrigerated.

View attachment 135383
That's covered with plastic wrap in a plastic bowel, in a jar tightly sealed they will last longer.

i put a thin layer of water over mine....i dont scramble them first....that way they will pour out as an egg....one has to be mighty lazy to not have time to crack a fresh egg and fork it.....that is just sad

i put a thin layer of water over mine....i dont scramble them first....that way they will pour out as an egg....one has to be mighty lazy to not have time to crack a fresh egg and fork it.....that is just sad
Not really. Some folks are actually that busy. Just not many liberals...

Forum List

Back