yorkshire pubbing?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
never made it....batter is resting now....i am doing a dessert one....blueberries and black raspberries....

any experience with it? esp the beef drippings recipe?

never made it....batter is resting now....i am doing a dessert one....blueberries and black raspberries....

any experience with it? esp the beef drippings recipe?
Just saw it on the Great British Baking Show. You need to get that oil (or beef drippings) in the muffin cups REALLY HOT before putting in the batter. Make sure the oven is preheated. Good luck and may the gods be with you.

i know about the oil being hot and the oven....i am going to do one big one ...not small one...i dont have a non stick muffin pan and i am afraid i will just set liners on fire...yes the baking show inspirited me..

i know about the oil being hot and the oven....i am going to do one big one ...not small one...i dont have a non stick muffin pan and i am afraid i will just set liners on fire...yes the baking show inspirited me..
Are you sure you can do just one big one? Will the middle get done?

What about using oven proof custard cups instead? I bet you've got some Pyrex custard cups in the back of the cupboard. you could just stick them on a cookie sheet.

pubbing?

When I was stationed there, they called it pub crawling, not pubbing.

Yorkshire Pudding has been around for ages. Way before nonstick muffin pans. Just grease em.

my damn spelling....yea i got the pan in the oven.....i am doing a big one...has berries in it....if it doesnt turn out i always have a plan b

image.jpg
Only black raspberry I ever ate was the raspberry candy :/

hmmm more like bread pudding w/o the bread....not as crispy as i would think...fuck gordon ramsey lol....i will try smaller ones....
no plan b....seems grumpy is going for 2nds lol

Made Yorkshire Pudding once - when entertaining a couple from North Yorkshire. I still have the recipe - it worked perfectly and they were duly impressed. It worked so well that I remain certain I'd never have that much good luck again so have not tried it a second time.

For excellent YP I strongly recommend The Golden Lion (pub) in Ripon, North Yorkshire.

My apples are almost ready. Think I'm gonna try cinnamon apples for the first time. Thought about doing it today.

damn henry would sharing that great recipe kill ya?

o now for that you got to have a hot skillet butter and sugar

and cinnamon lol

I make a lot of egg custard flan. That's all.

Never tried Yorkshire pudding although a pub I frequent has it on the menu.

Forum List

Back