A question about alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2014
Is there away to disable alerts that ignored users have quoted you? Either something I myself can do, or an option with the software that cereal_killer could maybe implement.

Doesn't make much sense to get an alert that a poster I'm ignoring has quoted me.

• Banned
  • Banned
Is there away to disable alerts that ignored users have quoted you? Either something I myself can do, or an option with the software that cereal_killer could maybe implement.

Doesn't make much sense to get an alert that a poster I'm ignoring has quoted me.
so?.....you dont have to go and read it....:dunno:

Of course not, I was just curious if there was away to ignore those specific alerts as well. Not that big a deal.

Wow. That sounds like a ginormous problem.
:itsok:

See if your mouse has the capability to scroll past things you don't want to read. If need be, ask someone in your household or call a neighbor to do it for you.
:eusa_think:

There.
Problem solved and you don't even have to thank me.
:)

In any event, Good Luck and remember - We're here for you.
:smiliehug:

I pretty much ignore alerts. They pile up and then, for some unknown reason, zero out and start over. That's what works for me but of course, YMMV.
:D

Of course not, I was just curious if there was away to ignore those specific alerts as well. Not that big a deal.
the so-called ignored in this forum keep this place from getting boring......i visited 2 forums in the past weeks....one was pretty conservative....

the other was pretty liberal....

• Banned

the so-called ignored in this forum keep this place from getting boring......i visited 2 forums in the past weeks....one was pretty conservative....

the other was pretty liberal....

I'm not ignoring anyone for being liberal or conservative, I'm ignoring idiots.

People who claim things are facts when they are not, and deny things are facts when they are.

People who continually and purposely misconstrue what others have written

People who just don't add anything to the actual topic

People who accuse others of being what they themselves are.

I didn't want to ignore anyone, but enough is enough, it's simply too hard to cut through the chaff to get to the wheat without utilizing the ignore.

If it's not in your Alert preferences then no there is not. I can't disable them on the back-end either.

If you are talking about not being distracted from something you are in the middle of - you can click the alerts without reading them and go back to what you are doing and you won't see the notice that you have an alert. It acts as if they were already read and the alert notice disappears. Also, if you are doing a thread that isn't inviting dialogue just scroll past the quoted posts and that should resolve the problem for you. You are not obligated to respond to posts that are making attempts to derail your thread. It would be better to disregard those. Eventually they will see you are not responding and will find another thread. Otherwise your time will be taken up in responding rather than writing. (imo)

If you are talking about not being distracted from something you are in the middle of - you can click the alerts without reading them and go back to what you are doing and you won't see the notice that you have an alert. It acts as if they were already read and the alert notice disappears. Also, if you are doing a thread that isn't inviting dialogue just scroll past the quoted posts and that should resolve the problem for you. You are not obligated to respond to posts that are making attempts to derail your thread. It would be better to disregard those. Eventually they will see you are not responding and will find another thread. Otherwise your time will be taken up in responding rather than writing. (imo)

My question was merely one of the functionality of the ignore feature, I wasn't asking how to avoid people I don't want to talk to.

My mistake. I apologize. I cannot remember if the old board had a better system for the ignore feature or not, SmarterthantheAverageBear.

Wow. That sounds like a ginormous problem.
:itsok:

See if your mouse has the capability to scroll past things you don't want to read. If need be, ask someone in your household or call a neighbor to do it for you.
:eusa_think:

There.
Problem solved and you don't even have to thank me.
:)

In any event, Good Luck and remember - We're here for you.
:smiliehug:

I pretty much ignore alerts. They pile up and then, for some unknown reason, zero out and start over. That's what works for me but of course, YMMV.
:D

Good response..........:D

I like alerts. They let me know who specifically responded to my posts, who thanked me and who responded to the thread in general. If it wasn't for the alerts, I wouldn't know if someone responded to my posts....since my posts are scattered throughout the board.

If you click on alerts several times, it will put them in a list in a page and you can go through them....going back to some that are no longer showing on your upper right corner alerts, but are still there for you to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back