A public ruling on this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/mal-smarterthantheaveragebear-where_r_my_keys.384058/

I object to having my words changed in quotes. For a while, he kept the name the same but is now changing the name as well. I don't mind that - its just the usual childishness we see from certain posters.

As you can see in post #4, he says you have ruled on this someplace on the board. Needless to say, he did not include a link to that ruling.

Several others have also expressed their displeasure at these outright lies about what they say. Would you mind making a public ruling, where everyone can read it?

Is changing the quoted words of another poster allowed?

TIA

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/mal-smarterthantheaveragebear-where_r_my_keys.384058/

I object to having my words changed in quotes. For a while, he kept the name the same but is now changing the name as well. I don't mind that - its just the usual childishness we see from certain posters.

As you can see in post #4, he says you have ruled on this someplace on the board. Needless to say, he did not include a link to that ruling.

Several others have also expressed their displeasure at these outright lies about what they say. Would you mind making a public ruling, where everyone can read it?

Is changing the quoted words of another poster allowed?

TIA

I NEVER left the names the same . I did forget to remove a link back a few times. I've corrected that error.

Same with Cant-Even-Find-His-Own-Keys.

If we're allowed to purposely lie about what other posters write, AND put those lies in a quote box, I want to know it.

Any material can be used as long as it is not attributed.

BUT if you use the quoter's name, the material has to be the same. That has always been an offense for which a ban could be applied.

That is patently silly but within the rules because there is no such poster and no such post from the fictional poster.

What it does do is make the poster who does that look like a fool.

Any material can be used as long as it is not attributed.

BUT if you use the quoter's name, the material has to be the same. That has always been an offense for which a ban could be applied.

I think its outright lying especially since because he OFTEN leaves the name the same as does 'where are my keys'. And, changing the name slightly is just another lie.

Guess I'll just have to start reporting it every time he does it.

That is patently silly but within the rules because there is no such poster and no such post from the fictional poster.

What it does do is make the poster who does that look like a fool.

And a very cowardly liar.

As long as the quote box is used, its a quote. Period.

Everyone should report it every time.

The far right now is engaged in Fabian scorched earth tactics.

Having lost its power on the Board some time ago, aware they will never get it back, has led to a campaign by several of them to make the Board so unpleasant that posters leave and the Board fails.

Everyone should report it every time.

The far right now is engaged in Fabian scorched earth tactics.

Having lost its power on the Board some time ago, aware they will never get it back, has led to a campaign by several of them to make the Board so unpleasant that posters leave and the Board fails.

So you admit something isn't against the rules, and then advise that everyone report it every time?

And Jake son, you know I'm far far from a far right poster.

Nope, I said what you did is not against the rules, only in that one example.

What you have done before is against the rules, and if you are Mal hiding behind Bear's moniker, that is against the rules, too.

And, yes, I will report every infraction and urge all to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back