a potus who has done time

Could you vote for someone for POTUS if he/ she had ever been to prison?

• Yes. As long as the someone weren't a Democrat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. As long as the someone weren't a Republican.

• Yes. As long as the someone looked like me, demographically speaking.

• No. I am not fond of lawbreakers, because I have never myself broken a law.

• No. I'm not an American to begin with, and shouldn't even be voting HERE, on this thread.

• All of the above.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People who have been incarcerated understand the importance of keeping their nose clean - they would be less prone to accepting bribes or engaging in other stupid behavior.

Depends upon the crime, but I would tend to agree with the OP.

People who have been incarcerated understand the importance of keeping their nose clean - they would be less prone to accepting bribes or engaging in other stupid behavior.

'
I also agree, depends on the crime, time since the offense, life after the offense. And one can be INCARCERATED for MMs.

Felons should not be in elected office. By his own admission obama committed several felonies. He just was never caught. He should have been ineligible.

Oh no. That's not what they think. They think they can do it better next time. Next time they won't get caught. That's why the recidivism rate is so high

Why don't we talk about necessary qualifications that our next President should have instead of excusing the actions of former Presidents? I suggest:

1. State Governor. This is the closest thing we have to being President. In addition to Executive experience, this position allows a new President to come in with an experienced staff instead of a bunch of campaign consultants.

Forum List

Back