A Perspective on Shootings That Liberals Won't Discuss

Fact is that only .00007% of gun owners are even likely to consider going on a shooting spree. When they do, they will choose a gun-free zone nearly every time. Even though the liklihood of being shot by a mass murderer is less than the chance of getting hit by lightning or way less than the chances of being killed in a car accident, the liberals are in a constant state of alarm just because people are allowed to own guns. Most murders are committed with knives. And more people die due to medical malpractice than any other, but liberals focus on the one thing that tyrants hate- armed citizens. Sorry, but if it was about safety, they would be up in arms about other things and not the right of citizens to own guns. Tyrants only fear people who are able to fight back against tyranny. And it's no coincidence that the left focuses on the 2nd amendment over other things that are far more likely to harm or kill people. They claim it's a safety issue, but I call bullshit considering the things they ignore.

If the left had gotten their way with gun control, those mass shootings would still have occurred. It would just mean a few more laws broken. I know many on the left actually would ban guns if they could. Some are honest about that, though I believe that is the endgame with most. Crazies and criminals never have trouble getting their hands on weapons. The theater shooter could have just as easily pipe bombed the theater or set it on fire and hurt even more people. If a mass murderer was going around tossing bombs, would the media get as upset as they do with guns? You'd think that people doing something illegal would be the biggest complaint and not the means they happen to choose. Murdering, in any fashion, should be the focus, but liberals only focus on shootings, particularly by white males. We don't see the same coverage when it's a Muslim shooting people at a base or a gang member with lots of kills under their belt.

The law abiding citizens, especially NRA members, are constantly told they are responsible whenever a mass shooting happens.

Funny that the auto companies don't get blamed for all the accidents and drunk drivers.

Cell phone companies don't get blamed for all the accidents caused by a driver texting. Hell, in that case, the government made sure they handed out more phones. Are they trying to kill people? I hope they know they will be responsible when a driver with an Obamaphone is texting and crosses the center line and kills someone.

Stores don't get called names for selling knives, rope, lighter fluid and other things often used in murders.

Only the NRA gets blamed for shootings, as if they have anything to do with the criminals and insane people who misuse their weapons. Luckily, it has been very few. Despite it being a rare occurrence, the left and the media act as if it's an epidemic. They ignore the real epidemics, which is gangs, and human or drug trafficking. How many people have died of drug overdoses and how many young girls have disappeared because of human trafficking? The left's answer is to legalize drugs. They likely want prostitution legalized. Not much is being done about the human traffickers because they are 10 steps ahead of law enforcement. Those problems occur every day and yet the media isn't sounding the alarms on that. They are too busy bashing the average gun owner because they disapprove of one of our rights.

"It is a sad truth that there are likely more mentally ill individuals in our nation who will one day get their hands on guns, legally or illegally, and take the lives of some innocent souls.

But some perspective is needed.

Let’s take that figure for the number of people killed in the last 30 years during a mass shooting of 560 and add another nine to it. That makes 569.

Now compare that number to 10,076. According to MADD, that’s the number of people killed during drunk driving crashes in 2013 alone. In fact, every day in America, another 28 people die in drunk driving crashes. Every. Single. Day.

Using the liberal logic of banning guns because of tragic (and thankfully, comparatively rare) mass shootings undertaken by crazy white folks (and some not so white), should we not then ban cars?

Cars clearly cause many more fatalities in terms of numbers each day than whack nuts with a gun.

Heck, we should ban bathtubs too. Because 341 people die from drowning and submersion while in or falling into bathtubs. And floors. We need to ban floors too, because 565 people die each year from slipping, tripping or falling.

I don’t mean to be flippant, or to trivialize this terrible tragedy. But as the stories fly around in the next few days regarding this event, you can be darn tootin’ liberals will begin pushing their agendas."

http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/heres-what-the-mainstream-media-wont-tell-you-about-mass-shootings/

The majority of mass gun shootings happen at schools or people's place of employment, or former employment. The reason people go to these places to shoot and kill people is because they are pissed off at someone. They don't choose those places because they are gun free zones. They choose them because their targets are at those places.
Yeah....so who was the movie theatre shooter pissed off at? Oh yeah...he chose that place because of the fact they advertised themselves as gun free. Why did the ft. Hood shooter choose the cafeteria? Oh yeah because he knew nobody was armed.

Cons don't understand the deadly nature of a weapon they so love.

We do. We also hear that the criminals wielding them have minds of their own.

I get it. Do you look over your shoulders and do a complete 360 degree surveillance around your house before you get out each morning?

You see unlike you cons, I do not live my life in fear of being raped, robbed or murdered 24-7. May be I just make too much money and live in a nice neighborhood than most cons.

Do you take your fun in the shower too? Hopefully your gun is water proof but just make sure it stays out of water.

It mst be a horrible life full of fear and anxiety to have to feel the need to pack heat on you each and every moment of your life.

You sound like you're afraid of ppl who can defend themselves. What are you planning, coward, that puts you at risk?

"Gun control" has nothing to do with Liberals.

:lol: No, of course not. That's why they're always the ones who are calling for it. It's just a red herring.

Aren't you ignoring the most important word in gun control. Control. That doesn't equate to confiscation and 80-90 percent of the public agrees stricter background checks and mental stability screenings should be put in place.

You get black market gun dealers to agree to background checks then we can talk.

Hitler did not bring any laws to restrict gun owership...

In the March 1938 German Weapons Act manufacture of arms and ammunition continued to require a permit, with the revision that such permits would no longer be issued to Jews or any company part-owned by Jews. Jews were consequently forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4029&context=flr

Pages 675 & 676

Why are you posting that here, fly to Israel so they can be ready the next time a Hitler comes to power in Germany.

:lol: No, of course not. That's why they're always the ones who are calling for it. It's just a red herring.

Aren't you ignoring the most important word in gun control. Control. That doesn't equate to confiscation and 80-90 percent of the public agrees stricter background checks and mental stability screenings should be put in place.

You get black market gun dealers to agree to background checks then we can talk.

Black market gun supply will diminish if gun manufacturers stopped making guns and if bullets became expensive through government taxes and if we treated gun trafficking like drug trafficking. Mandatory 10 year sentence for anyone carrying guns unless a very very special permit is obtained and approved for you. That's how I'd like to see America become.

Its not because I am a control freak. It's because I am a safety-freak.

Fact is that only .00007% of gun owners are even likely to consider going on a shooting spree. When they do, they will choose a gun-free zone nearly every time. Even though the liklihood of being shot by a mass murderer is less than the chance of getting hit by lightning or way less than the chances of being killed in a car accident, the liberals are in a constant state of alarm just because people are allowed to own guns. Most murders are committed with knives. And more people die due to medical malpractice than any other, but liberals focus on the one thing that tyrants hate- armed citizens. Sorry, but if it was about safety, they would be up in arms about other things and not the right of citizens to own guns. Tyrants only fear people who are able to fight back against tyranny. And it's no coincidence that the left focuses on the 2nd amendment over other things that are far more likely to harm or kill people. They claim it's a safety issue, but I call bullshit considering the things they ignore.

If the left had gotten their way with gun control, those mass shootings would still have occurred. It would just mean a few more laws broken. I know many on the left actually would ban guns if they could. Some are honest about that, though I believe that is the endgame with most. Crazies and criminals never have trouble getting their hands on weapons. The theater shooter could have just as easily pipe bombed the theater or set it on fire and hurt even more people. If a mass murderer was going around tossing bombs, would the media get as upset as they do with guns? You'd think that people doing something illegal would be the biggest complaint and not the means they happen to choose. Murdering, in any fashion, should be the focus, but liberals only focus on shootings, particularly by white males. We don't see the same coverage when it's a Muslim shooting people at a base or a gang member with lots of kills under their belt.

The law abiding citizens, especially NRA members, are constantly told they are responsible whenever a mass shooting happens.

Funny that the auto companies don't get blamed for all the accidents and drunk drivers.

Cell phone companies don't get blamed for all the accidents caused by a driver texting. Hell, in that case, the government made sure they handed out more phones. Are they trying to kill people? I hope they know they will be responsible when a driver with an Obamaphone is texting and crosses the center line and kills someone.

Stores don't get called names for selling knives, rope, lighter fluid and other things often used in murders.

Only the NRA gets blamed for shootings, as if they have anything to do with the criminals and insane people who misuse their weapons. Luckily, it has been very few. Despite it being a rare occurrence, the left and the media act as if it's an epidemic. They ignore the real epidemics, which is gangs, and human or drug trafficking. How many people have died of drug overdoses and how many young girls have disappeared because of human trafficking? The left's answer is to legalize drugs. They likely want prostitution legalized. Not much is being done about the human traffickers because they are 10 steps ahead of law enforcement. Those problems occur every day and yet the media isn't sounding the alarms on that. They are too busy bashing the average gun owner because they disapprove of one of our rights.

"It is a sad truth that there are likely more mentally ill individuals in our nation who will one day get their hands on guns, legally or illegally, and take the lives of some innocent souls.

Let’s take that figure for the number of people killed in the last 30 years during a mass shooting of 560 and add another nine to it. That makes 569.

Now compare that number to 10,076. According to MADD, that’s the number of people killed during drunk driving crashes in 2013 alone. In fact, every day in America, another 28 people die in drunk driving crashes. Every. Single. Day.

Using the liberal logic of banning guns because of tragic (and thankfully, comparatively rare) mass shootings undertaken by crazy white folks (and some not so white), should we not then ban cars?

Cars clearly cause many more fatalities in terms of numbers each day than whack nuts with a gun.

Heck, we should ban bathtubs too. Because 341 people die from drowning and submersion while in or falling into bathtubs. And floors. We need to ban floors too, because 565 people die each year from slipping, tripping or falling.

I don’t mean to be flippant, or to trivialize this terrible tragedy. But as the stories fly around in the next few days regarding this event, you can be darn tootin’ liberals will begin pushing their agendas."

http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/heres-what-the-mainstream-media-wont-tell-you-about-mass-shootings/

The majority of mass gun shootings happen at schools or people's place of employment, or former employment. The reason people go to these places to shoot and kill people is because they are pissed off at someone. They don't choose those places because they are gun free zones. They choose them because their targets are at those places.

Schools are an easy target to kill people. In fact, any place is an easy target to kill. Shopping malls, restaurants, cafes, post office....the list is endless. Most killings are done by people who know each other. In rare circumstances you do get shooters like Dylan Roof in Charleston or some other idiot. But this is an exception, not the norm.

Cons don't understand the deadly nature of a weapon they so love. I mean seriously, anyone who wants to keep weapons on them, in their bedrooms, cars, basements or any place else, should understand how deadly a weapon can be in the hands of untrained person.

It's tragic when I hear of little kids playing with guns who end up shooting their siblings or themselves in the head, in the face or wherever. Only RW gun nut cons think this is funny somehow.

That I don't agree with. I don't think anyone thinks that kids accidentally killing their siblings because a parent left a loaded gun laying around is funny. What I see is that for some reason these people honestly believe that they are safer having that gun for protection versus the chance it may be used on a family member either by accident, in anger, or to commit suicide.

Any pro-gun rant that assumes all liberals want to totally ban guns is misinformed and should be disregarded.

You know damn well the vast majority of lowlife scum anti-gun anti-constitution gun control freaks are libs. Not all, just almost all.

I am all for cons carrying guns on them. In their households, on their kids, wives, in their bedrooms, in their own private situations like birthday parties, weddings, in their own backyard. Keep the guns everywhere you like.

I bet you probably live in fear of your life every second of your life, which is why you carry deadly weapons on you. Fortunately, most normal people nlcuding liberals, do not live their lives in total fear of losing it every 5 seconds.

What do you do when you go out for a walk in the park? Look over your shoulders every 2 seconds to make sure no criminal is ffollowing you? Do you provide deadly weapons to your kids when they go out to play or visit their friends in the next block away from you? Do you hire security detail to protect your wife and girlfriend when she goes shopping at a local mall?

Thank "god" unlike you, we on the left don't exactly love in panic mode 24-7.

You are an idiot of epic proportions. Unlike you clown I have been mugged in a city park in broad daylight by two black thugs and I have experienced a home invasion. Trust me the police are not going to magically appear and save you imbecile.

Too bad people like you are the ones I fear the most. You might think of yourself as Clint Eastwood, who can settle every confrontation on the street at a barrel of your gun. You being mugged does not mean the remaining 320 million Americans need to live in fear of weapons on morons like yourself.

You might get into a shootout and hurt your wife, your kids who may be around you at the time you were mugged. A mugging is not worth the life of you or your child. If you pull out a gun, chances are you will be shot dead if the other guy sees you pull it out.

It's morons like yourself you never think about return fire. Your focus always remains on pointing weapons at others. You never think about the other guy having a weapon on him who can do as much harm to you as you want to do to him, regardless of who is right.

I imagine a scenario where a thief might want to rob a McDonalds. You are waiting in the line with your wife and kids. You decide to pull out the gun. The thief's partner is behind you. He unloads a barrage of bullets into you. And your kid sees you leaking blood from your brain, assuming she was not hit in the head herself.

Yes, enjoy your Clint Eastwood and Arnold Schwarzenegger fantasies. In real life, I bet, people like you will be the first ones the paramedics remove from the restaurant lobby, if not your other family members. Instead os staying quiet and letting the thieves take away cash, you will end up losing $5 million cash for your brain surgery and lifelong therapy and medication, assuming you survive the gun battle.

Hey dickhead how many two way ranges have you ever been on? Untrained people tend not to shoot so straight when facing equal or superior firepower.

Any pro-gun rant that assumes all liberals want to totally ban guns is misinformed and should be disregarded.

You know damn well the vast majority of lowlife scum anti-gun anti-constitution gun control freaks are libs. Not all, just almost all.

I am all for cons carrying guns on them. In their households, on their kids, wives, in their bedrooms, in their own private situations like birthday parties, weddings, in their own backyard. Keep the guns everywhere you like.

I bet you probably live in fear of your life every second of your life, which is why you carry deadly weapons on you. Fortunately, most normal people nlcuding liberals, do not live their lives in total fear of losing it every 5 seconds.

What do you do when you go out for a walk in the park? Look over your shoulders every 2 seconds to make sure no criminal is ffollowing you? Do you provide deadly weapons to your kids when they go out to play or visit their friends in the next block away from you? Do you hire security detail to protect your wife and girlfriend when she goes shopping at a local mall?

You are an idiot of epic proportions. Unlike you clown I have been mugged in a city park in broad daylight by two black thugs and I have experienced a home invasion. Trust me the police are not going to magically appear and save you imbecile.

Too bad people like you are the ones I fear the most. You might think of yourself as Clint Eastwood, who can settle every confrontation on the street at a barrel of your gun. You being mugged does not mean the remaining 320 million Americans need to live in fear of weapons on morons like yourself.

You might get into a shootout and hurt your wife, your kids who may be around you at the time you were mugged. A mugging is not worth the life of you or your child. If you pull out a gun, chances are you will be shot dead if the other guy sees you pull it out.

It's morons like yourself you never think about return fire. Your focus always remains on pointing weapons at others. You never think about the other guy having a weapon on him who can do as much harm to you as you want to do to him, regardless of who is right.

I imagine a scenario where a thief might want to rob a McDonalds. You are waiting in the line with your wife and kids. You decide to pull out the gun. The thief's partner is behind you. He unloads a barrage of bullets into you. And your kid sees you leaking blood from your brain, assuming she was not hit in the head herself.

Yes, enjoy your Clint Eastwood and Arnold Schwarzenegger fantasies. In real life, I bet, people like you will be the first ones the paramedics remove from the restaurant lobby, if not your other family members. Instead os staying quiet and letting the thieves take away cash, you will end up losing $5 million cash for your brain surgery and lifelong therapy and medication, assuming you survive the gun battle.

Hey dickhead how many two way ranges have you ever been on? Untrained people tend not to shoot so straight when facing equal or superior firepower.

Oh wow, so now you've decided that the other guy can't shoot better than you and you are going to win every gun battle, eh? What a DF you really are. I fear for the lives of your family members who may be with you at the time you engage in gun violence. Haha, Darwin has a strange way of controlling our gene pool. Go for it, live the Taliban Clint Eastwood lifestyle you so lust for. I will enjoy watching the 11 PM news with you lying on a blood soaked white sheet somewhere.

Yeah....so who was the movie theatre shooter pissed off at? Oh yeah...he chose that place because of the fact they advertised themselves as gun free. Why did the ft. Hood shooter choose the cafeteria? Oh yeah because he knew nobody was armed.

There are exceptions to everything. As for Holmes, he picked a movie theater that was close to his home. Actually it was the closest large theater to his home. Did The Aurora Shooter Seek Out A Gun Free Zone GUNFAQ.ORG So again, there is not real proof that Holmes chose this particular theater because it didn't allow guns. Ad for the Ft. Hood shooter, military personnel are not permitted to carry guns on base period, so he went to the cafeteria because that is where the most people were gathered all in one location. So basically, you have nothing.

There are exceptions to everything. As for Holmes, he picked a movie theater that was close to his home. Actually it was the closest large theater to his home. Did The Aurora Shooter Seek Out A Gun Free Zone GUNFAQ.ORG So again, there is not real proof that Holmes chose this particular theater because it didn't allow guns. Ad for the Ft. Hood shooter, military personnel are not permitted to carry guns on base period, so he went to the cafeteria because that is where the most people were gathered all in one location. So basically, you have nothing.

Some people don't know all the facts. Even if guns were prohibited at the theater, the way Holmes brought the gun into the theater was interesting.

He parked his car at the exit door of the movie theater behind the theater building. Around 20 minutes into the movie, he went to the car, fully dressed himself in all kinds of protective gear, then came in with some smoke grenade, lobbed it into the movie, then began shooting. People thought initially this was special effect, until people started geting hit.

No one checks for weapons at the exit doors of movie theaters. No one ever expected someone to go out the exit door of a movie, then come back in and open the semi propped door, and walk in with the intention of shooting the people.

You can choose any location anywhere to shoot any people at any time. Most places don't check you for weapons, except some courts, government buildings, schools and so forth. Most all other public places are easy targets.

Black market gun supply will diminish if gun manufacturers stopped making guns and if bullets became expensive through government taxes and if we treated gun trafficking like drug trafficking. Mandatory 10 year sentence for anyone carrying guns unless a very very special permit is obtained and approved for you. That's how I'd like to see America become.

Are you so ignorant not to know most firearms are made in other countries, as is most ammo. There are US manufactures but their the minority. Gun trafficking prosecutions are way down in the current administration, I wonder why?

You say you're a safety freak, why do you feel unsafe, has someone threatened you with a firearm or you just have a irrational fear of law abiding people?

Are you so ignorant not to know most firearms are made in other countries, as is most ammo. There are US manufactures but their the minority. Gun trafficking prosecutions are way down in the current administration, I wonder why?

You say you're a safety freak, why do you feel unsafe, has someone threatened you with a firearm or you just have a irrational fear of law abiding people?

I do not fear one bit unsafe or in danger in most places I go to. My fear of safety is not for myself alone. In case you've not been reading my posts, I worry about safety of our citizens including my family and friends but also the Newtown kids who died in CT 3 years ago.

Other countries can manufacture all the weapons and ammos they want. If we imposed restrictions on imports, then how will they get the weapons and ammo in here? We regulate alcohol, cigarettes, drugs. And we have many prohibitions on goods and services including prostitution. It doesn't mean it's 100% fool proof. It means we control it, prevent it and try to keep a lid on it as best as we can but it doesn't prevent a spill just because you cover it with a lid.

Schools are an easy target to kill people. In fact, any place is an easy target to kill. Shopping malls, restaurants, cafes, post office....the list is endless. Most killings are done by people who know each other. In rare circumstances you do get shooters like Dylan Roof in Charleston or some other idiot. But this is an exception, not the norm.

Cons don't understand the deadly nature of a weapon they so love. I mean seriously, anyone who wants to keep weapons on them, in their bedrooms, cars, basements or any place else, should understand how deadly a weapon can be in the hands of untrained person.

It's tragic when I hear of little kids playing with guns who end up shooting their siblings or themselves in the head, in the face or wherever. Only RW gun nut cons think this is funny somehow.

That I don't agree with. I don't think anyone thinks that kids accidentally killing their siblings because a parent left a loaded gun laying around is funny. What I see is that for some reason these people honestly believe that they are safer having that gun for protection versus the chance it may be used on a family member either by accident, in anger, or to commit suicide.

I was raised around guns, they were available from my earliest memory, I've owned firearms since I was 12. We were taught how to properly handle them and they were only used for very specific purposes. Had my share of disagreements as a kid and young adult, never would have considered using a gun. Gun safety is about education and training, most anyone can get around a lock.

I can find loads of things of the gun control issue that people on BOTH sides ignore. No one seems to care. They just want to shout their mouths off, pretend they're right and ignore anyone else.

I do not fear one bit unsafe or in danger in most places I go to. My fear of safety is not for myself alone. In case you've not been reading my posts, I worry about safety of our citizens including my family and friends but also the Newtown kids who died in CT 3 years ago.

Other countries can manufacture all the weapons and ammos they want. If we imposed restrictions on imports, then how will they get the weapons and ammo in here? We regulate alcohol, cigarettes, drugs. And we have many prohibitions on goods and services including prostitution. It doesn't mean it's 100% fool proof. It means we control it, prevent it and try to keep a lid on it as best as we can but it doesn't prevent a spill just because you cover it with a lid.

Tell me, who respects those regulations?

Oh wow, so now you've decided that the other guy can't shoot better than you and you are going to win every gun battle, eh? What a DF you really are. I fear for the lives of your family members who may be with you at the time you engage in gun violence. Haha, Darwin has a strange way of controlling our gene pool. Go for it, live the Taliban Clint Eastwood lifestyle you so lust for. I will enjoy watching the 11 PM news with you lying on a blood soaked white sheet somewhere.

How about you answer the first question pussy, then we can talk about the rest.

Tell me, who respects those regulations?

With proper set of laws and enough deterrence such and enforcement and punishment, everyone will respect the laws and reduce gun proliferation.

Easy really to understand this: I respect speeding laws, not because I don't like to speed. It's because I don't like to get tickets. I know I can drive safely up to 120MPH. I know I may be foolish to think that but tha't s bnesides the point. For me the deterrence is the punishment, not safety.

Same for gun owners. They will stop buying guns if we fined them for having guns.

Forum List

Back