Jeb Bush Says You Need to Work Harder

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
"A 2014 Gallup poll found that already many Americans employed full-time report working, on average, 47 hours a week, while nearly 4 in 10 say they work at least 50 hours a week."

Today, Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush, who as of-late has gone relatively gaffe-free, uttered a phrase that may not go over too well with the constituency he seeks to reach. During an interview that was live-streamed on the app Periscope, Bush told New Hampshire’s “The Union Leader” that to grow the economy, “people should work longer hours.”

He was answering a question about his plans for tax reform and responded:

“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

Already the Democratic National Committee has pounced, releasing a statement that calls his remarks “easily one of the most out-of-touch comments we’ve heard so far this cycle,” adding that Bush would not fight for the middle class as president.

Read more: Jeb Bush People Need to Work Longer Hours - ABC News
What caused that "rut" Jeb? Haven't the American people worked hard enough getting out of that "rut"?

McCain said if you don't have enough to live on, get a second job.

And then, like all the other Rs, voted against all jobs bills.

"A 2014 Gallup poll found that already many Americans employed full-time report working, on average, 47 hours a week, while nearly 4 in 10 say they work at least 50 hours a week."

Today, Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush, who as of-late has gone relatively gaffe-free, uttered a phrase that may not go over too well with the constituency he seeks to reach. During an interview that was live-streamed on the app Periscope, Bush told New Hampshire’s “The Union Leader” that to grow the economy, “people should work longer hours.”

“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

Already the Democratic National Committee has pounced, releasing a statement that calls his remarks “easily one of the most out-of-touch comments we’ve heard so far this cycle,” adding that Bush would not fight for the middle class as president.

What caused that "rut" Jeb? Haven't the American people worked hard enough getting out of that "rut"?

I love liberals here who constantly harp on jeb...considering the majority of conservatives cant stand him.

get+a+job,+totus.jpg

I love liberals here who constantly harp on jeb...considering the majority of conservatives cant stand him.
Awww, poor Jeb. If there is anything to learn from his comment it's that there will be many more just like it, Just like we got from George.

It doesn't matter, we didn't build it anyway.

It doesn't matter, we didn't build it anyway.
Well it sounds to me that he wants to rebuild it.

Forum List

Back