A non-combative, serious question for the left.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, and Obama supporters, I need to hear your thoughts on this question. Information gathering here, I may ask follow-up questions but it is not my intention to argue.

Why is it that the hollywood elite, somebusinessmen like Warren Buffet, and other rich Americans throw their full support behind obama? Even when they know that "spread the wealth" means money being taken away from them? Why would these people want everyone to have the same stuff when it would mean that they themselves had no more than anyone else?

I ask because I'm cynical about their motives.

NOTE: Serious answers will be read and concidered, right wing bashing for it's own sake will be ignored.

Well, scum like Warren Buffet are lying through their teeth when they talk about rasing "income" taxes on themselves. The majority of his income is through investments and not a salary which would be affected by his push for higher income taxes.

As for the hollywood elites, many of them make easy money so they're ok with giving some away since they can easily make it back with another movie. Also, many of them feel guilty about their easy money, so sharing the wealth is ok.....as long as they don't hide the money like some do.

Well, scum like Warren Buffet are lying through their teeth when they talk about rasing "income" taxes on themselves. The majority of his income is through investments and not a salary which would be affected by his push for higher income taxes.

As for the hollywood elites, many of them make easy money so they're ok with giving some away since they can easily make it back with another movie. Also, many of them feel guilty about their easy money, so sharing the wealth is ok.....as long as they don't hide the money like some do.

Thanks my friend but I was asking the lefties.

Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, and Obama supporters, I need to hear your thoughts on this question. Information gathering here, I may ask follow-up questions but it is not my intention to argue.

Why is it that the hollywood elite, somebusinessmen like Warren Buffet, and other rich Americans throw their full support behind obama? Even when they know that "spread the wealth" means money being taken away from them? Why would these people want everyone to have the same stuff when it would mean that they themselves had no more than anyone else?

NOTE: Serious answers will be read and concidered, right wing bashing for it's own sake will be ignored.

I'm not left wing but I will give you my view I think it's two fold first they feel guilty about having so much so supporting Obama or a liberal spread the wealth type of candidate eases the guilt and second they know that a lot of this spread the wealth will never happen at least not to any major degree. Basically they get to feel good about their wealth while deep down knowing it's not in any real danger of being spread around.

I'm not left wing but I will give you my view I think it's two fold first they feel guilty about having so much so supporting Obama or a liberal spread the wealth type of candidate eases the guilt and second they know that a lot of this spread the wealth will never happen at least not to any major degree. Basically they get to feel good about their wealth while deep down knowing it's not in any real danger of being spread around.

My own personal view is similar. I just don't believe that they feel guilty at all. I think it's just that they know that it won't happen anyway.

But, I want to know what the lefties think.

Why is it that the hollywood elite, somebusinessmen like Warren Buffet, and other rich Americans throw their full support behind obama?

Why don't you ask them?

I mean, Obama himself is very wealthy, Sarah Jessica Parker is too, a local douchebag ambulance chaser who hosted Obama's visit to Orlando is very rich. Are these people willing, say if obama wins and coud get his way, to give away all their money and property so that the poor can have homes, three squares, cars, TVs, iPhones, etc.

Why is it that the hollywood elite, somebusinessmen like Warren Buffet, and other rich Americans throw their full support behind obama?

Why don't you ask them?

<dismissed>

Why don't you ask them?

Because about the only thing more important to the Hollywood Elite than money, is Image. 99% are incredibly Generous and helpful people, When ever there is a Camera near by.

I throw a ball and bat left-handed so my opinion is obviously valid. Good PR. As for the actors, the companies that manage their image know this and wanting to be center stage prompted many of them towards a career in acting to begin with. Same with the super rich. Anyway talk is cheap - not many of them are donating personal fortunes or working the soup kitchens on weekends to feed the poor.

Why don't you ask them?

No, I think he wants your opinion, because you support those liberals, while attacking other rich people, now why is that?

Many of them may support Obama for reasons that have nothing to do with how progressive the tax structure will be.

They want to pay their fair share (the richest have almost tripled their wealth under voodoo while the country and the rest are slowly ruined), they want the unfortunate to get the basics, and they aren't OCD selfish and know when Pubs are lying and spreading hate. They know raising their taxes a little doesn't mean communism, and will help the middle class and bring back DEMAND..

In other words, they aren't Pub dupes.:cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Why don't you ask them?

Because about the only thing more important to the Hollywood Elite than money, is Image. 99% are incredibly Generous and helpful people, When ever there is a Camera near by.

I'm a liberal and I think there is a great deal of truth to this. There are lots of exceptions, but they seem to very self absorbed people. Of course this also holds true for the "Hollywood elite" and wealthy who support Reps. Of course the ones supporting Reps are also voting their own self interest. I'm sure they don't want to pay the extra 2-3%. They might have to give up a yacht or dressage horse or 15th house or something.

Everybody's self absorbed, but they don't have tons of money and aren't the target of a huge gossip industry, or of a Pub propaganda hate industry that assassinates the character of anyone against them.

Last edited:

Why don't you ask them?

No, I think he wants your opinion, because you support those liberals, while attacking other rich people, now why is that?

I don't really want Poo Poo's opinion on anything. There are other left wingers who I would take seriously.

Forum List

Back