A non-combative, serious question for the left.

Why is it that the hollywood elite, somebusinessmen like Warren Buffet, and other rich Americans throw their full support behind obama? Even when they know that "spread the wealth" means money being taken away from them? Why would these people want everyone to have the same stuff when it would mean that they themselves had no more than anyone else?

Because they know that ‘spread the wealth’ is a myth. They know that nothing will be ‘taken away from them.’ And they know that their wealth and privilege is in no way threatened by Obama or the democrats.

They know that both the president and members of his party are avid supporters of the free market system and capitalism.

They’re also pragmatists, they understand that government can have a positive effect on those less fortunate and there are issues appropriate for the public sector alone to address.

Last, they’re advocates of protecting civil rights and individual liberties, so naturally they support the president and his party.

The core of the tax issue boils down to whether or not the top tax rate is 35% or 39%.

If someone has significant income in that bracket, they might care about whatever the difference is, on the other hand,

they might care more about the GOP's radical anti-progressive social agenda.

Maybe many in Hollywood are simply driven towards the Democrats by the non-stop demonization of them as the Hollyweirds by the rightwing propaganda machine for decade after decade.

Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, and Obama supporters, I need to hear your thoughts on this question. Information gathering here, I may ask follow-up questions but it is not my intention to argue.

Why is it that the hollywood elite, somebusinessmen like Warren Buffet, and other rich Americans throw their full support behind obama? Even when they know that "spread the wealth" means money being taken away from them? Why would these people want everyone to have the same stuff when it would mean that they themselves had no more than anyone else?

I ask because I'm cynical about their motives.

NOTE: Serious answers will be read and concidered, right wing bashing for it's own sake will be ignored.

Many of them may support Obama for reasons that have nothing to do with how progressive the tax structure will be.

I don't understand though. They have to know what he wants to do. He talks about the rich paying more, spreading the wealth around, etc, etc. For what other reasons would they support him I wonder?

They want to pay their fair share (the richest have almost tripled their wealth under voodoo while the country and the rest are slowly ruined), they want the unfortunate to get the basics, and they aren't OCD selfish and know when Pubs are lying and spreading hate. They know raising their taxes a little doesn't mean communism, and will help the middle class and bring back DEMAND..

In other words, they aren't Pub dupes.:cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_whistle:

<dismissed>

Why don't you ask them?

Because about the only thing more important to the Hollywood Elite than money, is Image. 99% are incredibly Generous and helpful people, When ever there is a Camera near by.

I'm a liberal and I think there is a great deal of truth to this. There are lots of exceptions, but they seem to very self absorbed people. Of course this also holds true for the "Hollywood elite" and wealthy who support Reps. Of course the ones supporting Reps are also voting their own self interest. I'm sure they don't want to pay the extra 2-3%. They might have to give up a yacht or dressage horse or 15th house or something.

So you think that they believe that what Obama is saying won't happen anyway?

Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, and Obama supporters, I need to hear your thoughts on this question. Information gathering here, I may ask follow-up questions but it is not my intention to argue.

NOTE: Serious answers will be read and concidered, right wing bashing for it's own sake will be ignored.

Some rich don't mind paying their fair share and are not owened by money.

nobody said that Warren should give up everything or anything, but he made his money on the backs of workers, all workers want is ajob at decent pay and to stop hiring illegals.
Warren Buffett plays both sides of th isle wherever they can scheme and scam there way into more money, but is there not a limit to how much one person has? Does having grossly more than you need make you feel satisfied when there are people that have not?
Just like Warren goe to church, why should he or many others that do not really practiced what was taught by Jesus. We know what he stated about being rich and the poor. It does not jibe with what rich christians have done. I am mainly talking about billionaires since they seem like they have millions they don't need and I heard hoarding(even valubles and money) is a mental illness.

They want to pay their fair share (the richest have almost tripled their wealth under voodoo while the country and the rest are slowly ruined), they want the unfortunate to get the basics, and they aren't OCD selfish and know when Pubs are lying and spreading hate. They know raising their taxes a little doesn't mean communism, and will help the middle class and bring back DEMAND..

In other words, they aren't Pub dupes.:cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_whistle:

<dismissed>

Jeeebus what an ignorant dumbazz dupe/hater...:cuckoo::eusa_liar::badgrin::badgrin:

Some rich don't mind paying their fair share and are not owened by money.

So you think that it will stop when the rich are taxed a few percent more? I mean I find it hard to believe that upping the tax rate on the very wealthy (a small percentage of the population) will go very far to help with the nation's financial problems. It seems evident that it won't end there. The rich, possibly not the hollywood elite, but the businessmen are smart enough to know that.

They have so much thaty they wouldn't miss a few bucks.

True, but why dont they give now, without the government coersion?

How do you know they don't?

Buffett lives in a house he & his wife purchased for $30-40,000 + years ago. Still, no mansion. The Gates family gives, Gate's father fought against the end of the INHERITANCE tax; not all people are selfish, nor is 'giving' to the IRS as simple as some believe*. I personally know 2 people who said, and I paraphrase: "I didn't need an income tax cut, the country needs better schools/the county needs better roads". What is strange about not begrudging money to this nation, while supporting wars like Iraq, where Americans are maimed and die?

*An individual I know miscalculated, over paid, and the IRS sent her a check back, promptly.

Because they know that ‘spread the wealth’ is a myth. They know that nothing will be ‘taken away from them.’ And they know that their wealth and privilege is in no way threatened by Obama or the democrats.

They know that both the president and members of his party are avid supporters of the free market system and capitalism.

They’re also pragmatists, they understand that government can have a positive effect on those less fortunate and there are issues appropriate for the public sector alone to address.

Last, they’re advocates of protecting civil rights and individual liberties, so naturally they support the president and his party.

I know that is a pile of BS since I have heard Obama and his henchmen say they want to raise the taxes on high income people at least a hundred times.

Many of them may support Obama for reasons that have nothing to do with how progressive the tax structure will be.

I don't understand though. They have to know what he wants to do. He talks about the rich paying more, spreading the wealth around, etc, etc. For what other reasons would they support him I wonder?

Everyone votes against some of their interests.

nobody said that Warren should give up everything or anything, but he made his money on the backs of workers, all workers want is ajob at decent pay and to stop hiring illegals.

But what gets me is that Warren buffet isn't going to support something like that so why is he supporting Obama? Is it that he thinks that Obama isn't being truthful? Or does he know that whatever obama does, he has a way of getting around it?

Warren Buffett plays both sides of th isle wherever they can scheme and scam there way into more money, but is there not a limit to how much one person has? Does having grossly more than you need make you feel satisfied when there are people that have not?

I believe that one cannot have that much money AND worry about the people who have not. Which again brings up my question.

Just like Warren goe to church, why should he or many others that do not really practiced what was taught by Jesus. We know what he stated about being rich and the poor. It does not jibe with what rich christians have done. I am mainly talking about billionaires since they seem like they have millions they don't need and I heard hoarding(even valubles and money) is a mental illness.

So why would they not support the GOP whom(we are told) support those very same rich?

Last edited:

you question is not a civil question.

Your lying your ass off in asking it.

gee Im so surprised your a fucking liar

I know that is a pile of BS since I have heard Obama and his henchmen say they want to raise the taxes on high income people at least a hundred times.

by way of deleting some of their itemized deductions for that third house in the Hamptons.

But what gets me is that Warren buffet isn't going to support something like that so why is he supporting Obama? Is it that he thinks that Obama isn't being truthful? Or does he know that whatever obama does, he has a way of getting around it?

I believe that one cannot have that much money AND worry about the people who have not. Which agains brings up my question.

So whay would they not support the GOP whom(we are told) support those very same rich?

How would you know, are you Warren?

True, but why dont they give now, without the government coersion?

How do you know they don't?

Buffett lives in a house he & his wife purchased for $30-40,000 + years ago. Still, no mansion. The Gates family gives, Gate's father fought against the end of the INHERITANCE tax; not all people are selfish, nor is 'giving' to the IRS as simple as some believe*. I personally know 2 people who said, and I paraphrase: "I didn't need an income tax cut, the country needs better schools/the county needs better roads". What is strange about not begrudging money to this nation, while supporting wars like Iraq, where Americans are maimed and die?

*An individual I know miscalculated, over paid, and the IRS sent her a check back, promptly.

The vast majority of Buffet's current income is from capital gains so raising the ncome tax rate would not affect his income in the least.

If Buffet is such a big government man, why didn't he give his fortune to the government?

What is "The Giving Pledge"?

It's an idea that was hatched by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Berkshire Hathaway founder Warren Buffett over lunch at an Omaha diner. Buffett has already annouced that he will donate 99 percent of his $47 billion fortune to charity, with the bulk designated for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, an organization Gates and his wife established to fight global poverty and disease.

I believe that one cannot have that much money AND worry about the people who have not. Which agains brings up my question.

So whay would they not support the GOP whom(we are told) support those very same rich?

How would you know, are you Warren?

Wait, I'm sorry, you were hard on Mr.Buffet there so I assumed that you believe the things you said. If it was sarcasm, I missed it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back