A Nice Present for the Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Adam's Apple, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Huckacide
    By Rich Lowry, National Review
    December 14, 2007

After many false prophecies, Dean circa 2008 has finally arrived. He is former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. Not because he will inevitably blow himself up in Iowa. But because, like Dean, his nomination would represent an act of suicide by his party.

for full article:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/12/huckacide.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    Basically if you don't support Ron Paul your giving the dems the big gift
    and i can assure you Hillary will be your new decider... The Oracle has spoken there shall be no more discussion on this matter

3. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,306
    Good Read!

So basically, the GOP is screwed in 2008?

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    One conservative Arkansas blogger:

I believe whether Iraq or politics in US, listen to those on the ground:

http://freemanhunt.blogspot.com/2007/10/he-destroyed-conservative-movement-in.html

5. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    this is the inevitable result of the GOP - formerly the party of Eisenhower - spending two decades courting the whacked out religious right.

Wall street republicans thought they could just use these people for their votes. That they could remain seen, but not heard. The red headed step children of the republican party, as it were. Its no suprise that the theocratic wing of the republican party is taking over, and now has a bona fide front runner for the party's nomination. No one should be suprised.

The wall street republicans will try to drown Huckabee in a sea of money. But the writing's on the wall. The GOP will forever be beholden to the theocrats, as long as they make Jesus and the Bible a mainstay of their debates and campaign stump speeches.

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,021
    As opposed to the Democrats forever beholden to the far left whacko Liberal morons.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,539
    I know you're a liberal democrat (i assume, anyway, from your posts), but reading this post, i would think then, that you would have to be able to recognize that Ron Paul is the one shot the GOP has at maintaining, or rather, REGAINING, their good name. He fits the model perfectly, besides being so against hawkish war...like that's ever been a historical staple of Republicanism anyway. He's just as Christian as the next, but you don't see him shoving it down people's throats. He's almost never even asked about his position on abortion during 1 on 1 MSM interviews. On Face The Nation, Bob Schieffer never once brought up abortion with Ron, after just having talked about it for a few minutes when he interviewed Huckabee right before Ron...and Ron was actually there in PERSON, sitting right next to Bob. Huck was via satellite. I mean, that's a pretty huge issue for the GOP voters...why would you not want to bring that up with a specific GOP candidate??? Maybe because the establishment KNOWS it's the root issue among the GOP, and they wouldn't want potential voters to understand Ron's specific abortion position, which in the REAL sense of the GOP, is exactly what's desired? That's the way I saw it, anyway. Instead, he brings up all the federal govt. cuts he'd like to make...you know, those things that Republicans USED to care about???

I'm really not a republican, nor a democract, in any CURRENT sense of the words...I like a little of what each side has to offer, but I think the division is what ultimately ends up being the demise of this country.

Ron is the only candidate I see that has the ability to unite. I mean, the guy's snatching up a large part of the liberal base for christ's sake! I find it to be amazing.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,219
    The only one making Jesus and the Bible a mainstay of the debates is the media, and the only one making it a mainstay of the campaign stump speeches is Huckabee

Not another single Republican candidate is emphisizing religion although almost all are religious.

Maybe you should actually listen to what most of the candidates are saying.

9. DeadCanDance

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127

I appreciate your post, but I disagree with the historical revisionism of the GOP being the party of peace and non-intervention. Kuwait, 1991. Panama, 1990. Nicaruagua 1980s. Cambodia 1960s. Ike overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran in the 1950s, and installed a monarch. Both Dems and Repubs have overthrown governments and formented coups around the world. Ron Paul, if he means what he says, is totally different from today's GOP, or even the GOP of the previous generations when in comes to foreign policy.

10. DeadCanDance

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    my bad, i misread your post. Yes, the republicans have always been interventionists.