A New Way To Handle SOME Illegial Immigration

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
With the pressing need for more people to support our country with its military, homeland security and civic duties manning, why not offer a work contract for immigrants who wish to enter the country and actually become citizens?

for example, an immigrant from el salvador or haiti could enter the US legally w/o threat of deportation or arrest and agree to serve in the nation's military, homeland security or civic restoration (public works) fields for 4 or 5 years?

i know this will not work for 60 to 70% of the illiegials, but for those who geniunely want to experience freedom and prosperity (for example, a great number of haitians based on my experiences in s. florida and new york city feel this way), this could be a very good way to help America while gaining immigrants that offer something positive to their new country.

In the miiltary, I've seen folks from Nigeria, Palestinian territory, Sudan, Somalia, Brazil, El Salvador, Haiti and Cambodia be some of the most fervent patriots there are, as well as hard working and dedicated not only to their jobs, but to their families and to their self-improvement as citizens and human beings as well

Thoughts?

The problem with that is that they have very little patriotism involved with defending America. America isnt their home nation and they aren't even living in it at the time we ask them to join the military. It would be bad.

What we need to do is enforce the laws that exist. Illegals are called that for a reason. They need to be deported at whatever cost necessary. Its costing us way more to house them, send their kids to school, feed them etc then it ever will to pick them up and place them back in Mexico.

It will set the example and send a message to others looking to run illegally that they have to go through the proper channels to come here. It also stops the flow of hostiles that come to our country looking to do harm or simply use our economy to send money back home. People would obtain a better sense of National pride too. Instead of simply sticking with their own language, they would assimilate itno OUR culture.

Ya, I know I sure would feel alot safer knowing that Illegal Immigrants are protecting me.

Originally posted by insein
The problem with that is that they have very little patriotism involved with defending America. America isnt their home nation and they aren't even living in it at the time we ask them to join the military. It would be bad.

Actually, many immigrants are more patriotic than Americans. They feel that service in the military is not only a good way for the to make a living (compared to their abilities and where they came from) and they figure it is a good way for them to repay the US for what it is giving them and their families (freedom). There are a lot of immigrants in the Armed Forces.

I have worked with Haitians. I know Haitians. Haitians have the mental capabilities of children. They should not be in our country, contract for work or no.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
With the pressing need for more people to support our country with its military, homeland security and civic duties manning, why not offer a work contract for immigrants who wish to enter the country and actually become citizens?

for example, an immigrant from el salvador or haiti could enter the US legally w/o threat of deportation or arrest and agree to serve in the nation's military, homeland security or civic restoration (public works) fields for 4 or 5 years?

i know this will not work for 60 to 70% of the illiegials, but for those who geniunely want to experience freedom and prosperity (for example, a great number of haitians based on my experiences in s. florida and new york city feel this way), this could be a very good way to help America while gaining immigrants that offer something positive to their new country.

In the miiltary, I've seen folks from Nigeria, Palestinian territory, Sudan, Somalia, Brazil, El Salvador, Haiti and Cambodia be some of the most fervent patriots there are, as well as hard working and dedicated not only to their jobs, but to their families and to their self-improvement as citizens and human beings as well

Thoughts?

A noble idea and I appreciate when someone is seeking solutions but offering them a miltary postion would be an insult to our troops in addition to other morale concerns. Offering immigrants the opportunity to legally become a citizen and THEN recieve the benefits of a citizen is a huge gift in itself. If they won't even accept that , I can't imagine them being of much assistance in other areas.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Actually, many immigrants are more patriotic than Americans. They feel that service in the military is not only a good way for the to make a living (compared to their abilities and where they came from) and they figure it is a good way for them to repay the US for what it is giving them and their families (freedom). There are a lot of immigrants in the Armed Forces.

We're talking about illegals. Illegals just want to get away from their country or to try and make more money off of ours. Legal immigrants that go through the proper channels definitely have a greater patriotism than most Americans i hear screaming at the top of their lungs about our President Lieing.

BTW, Joyce is a tool.

thank you for at least considering it with intelligence.

i think maybe perhaps this would be better for LEGAL immigrants and refugees we take on as a fast track tool to citizenship. i worked alongside a Sudanese-American Air Force airmen who had been allowed to take refuge in America at the age of 15 (he was a survivor of the Dinka tribe, one of the tribes who had members that were ruthlessely hunted down, enslaved and killed by the sudanese arab gov't) and repaid America's genorosity to him by joining the Air Force at age 18. he's now stationed with marines and sailors in Djibouti and seems to be a credit to this idea.

i have other examples but he stands out because of the strength of a kid who walked thousands of miles to shelter in the hot desert and now hopes to help america fight to save others who are less fortunate than he was.

Forum List

Back