A moment of truth. The CBO has scored the President's 10 year budget.

yota5

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Mashpee, MA
March 25, 2011 4:00 A.M.
Worsening Our Fiscal Nightmare
We need honest, fact-based budgeting.

Last Friday, the Congressional Budget Office scored President Obama’s ten-year budget plan. Their findings underscore a painful truth: The president is failing to engage in the kind of honest dialogue necessary to rally the country behind needed action.

His budget — widely criticized for growing our gross debt by $13 trillion, swelling our bloated bureaucracy, and ignoring our surging entitlements — is so filled with gimmicks and manipulations that the CBO found an additional $2.3 trillion in deficits beyond what the White House projected.

It is the most irresponsible spending plan put forward by a president in our time. It not only fails to change, but actually accelerates us along, our dangerous fiscal trajectory.

The co-chairmen of the president’s own fiscal commission declared that if we fail to take swift and serious action, our country faces “the most predictable economic crisis in its history.” They disagreed only on the timeline. Erskine Bowles estimated we had at least two years, while Alan Simpson estimated we had closer to one. Similar warnings have been sounded by experts across the country and the world.

America’s leaders have no higher duty, no greater moral responsibility, than to take all appropriate steps to protect the good people we serve from a clear and present danger.

— Sen. Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.) is a ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee.

Worsening Our Fiscal Nightmare - Sen. Jeff Sessions - National Review Online

The first candidate who co-opts James Carville's 1992 campaign slogan for Billy and updates it, wins this next election. Ready?

"It's the spending, stupid!"

You have nailed this dead center. It is all about the unsustainable spending. We have elected officials who think that we can eliminate our debt by printing and spending more money. Any fiscally responsible adult knows that isn't true. The blame for this must fall at the feet of the American people. We voted to put all of these pinheads into office. The problem _r- Us.

Four more years of Obama? He will have achieved his goal to bankrupt the USA by then. Isn't that a great legacy?

Four more years of Obama? He will have achieved his goal to bankrupt the USA by then. Isn't that a great legacy?

Obama, by the laws and programs that he has approved is doing what the combined powers of Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia and the despots of the Middle East could not do.

The Pen, at least in his left hand, is truly mightier than the Sword.

He doesn't understand that in order to do what he wants the Republic to do, the Republic must continue to exist.

Aww just wait till the next republican is elected and the same ones will just flip and be apologizing for the republican led spending.

It is more of who is spending and on what than how much they spend.
The historical evidence is out there to prove my point.

"Reagan proved the defecit does not matter"

You people just need to ignore all this and get back to your FaceBook postings, American Idol and Jersey Shore TV shows.

Even the biggest of the biggest hacks know when they see the post you made that you're talking right out your ass...

It's not that people find the CBO inaccurate, it’s the numbers given to them that we find later to be amazingly inaccurate.

Do we really need to dig up the shit numbers the Obama team gave the CBO in the past? What was it, figure 10 years of collections spent on a 5 year budget or some shit?

Thanks for proving you're an entirely useless poster on these boards.

And on abortion, I'm pro-choice... I just don't think the Government should pay for it.

next word...

War. Git to defending all three of Bush/Obama's wars lemming.

so now we like the cbo?

:lol:

It's only been three months since the claim that CBO's role is simply to "regurgitate" numbers fed them by The Powers That Be was all the rage. But three months is a long time in politics, I suppose.

edit: And I see from the post above mine that it still lives!

Last Friday, the Congressional Budget Office scored President Obama’s ten-year budget plan. Their findings underscore a painful truth: The president is failing to engage in the kind of honest dialogue necessary to rally the country behind needed action.

His budget — widely criticized for growing our gross debt by $13 trillion, swelling our bloated bureaucracy, and ignoring our surging entitlements — is so filled with gimmicks and manipulations that the CBO found an additional $2.3 trillion in deficits beyond what the White House projected.— Sen. Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.) is a ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee.

Wankin.gif
-
Wankin.gif
-
Wankin.gif

"The projected deficits over the latter part of the coming decade are much smaller relative to GDP than is the current deficit, mostly because, under those assumptions and with a continuing economic expansion, revenues as a share of GDP are projected to rise steadily—from about 15 percent of GDP in 2011 to 21 percent by 2021.

As a result, the baseline projections understate the budget deficits that would arise if many policies currently in place were extended, rather than allowed to expire as scheduled under current law. For example, if most of the provisions in the 2010 tax act that were originally enacted in 2001, 2003, and 2009 or that modified estate and gift taxation were extended (rather than allowed to expire on December 31, 2012), and the alternative minimum tax was indexed for inflation, annual revenues would average about 18 percent of GDP through 2021 (which is equal to their 40-year average), rather than the 19.9 percent shown in CBO's baseline projections."

....i.e. The BUSH TAX-CUTS need to GO!!!!

The CBO does what they are told. If the Obama administration tells them to project the 10 year cost of Obamacare- using a full 10 years of tax collection, while paying only 6 years of benefits, incorporating a 15% cut in costs across the board, and a rosy growth of tax revenue at 6%- they do it.

Garbage in=Garbage out.
Reality in = Reality out.

Even the biggest of the biggest hacks know when they see the post you made that you're talking right out your ass...

It's not that people find the CBO inaccurate, it’s the numbers given to them that we find later to be amazingly inaccurate.

Do we really need to dig up the shit numbers the Obama team gave the CBO in the past? What was it, figure 10 years of collections spent on a 5 year budget or some shit?

Thanks for proving you're an entirely useless poster on these boards.

And on abortion, I'm pro-choice... I just don't think the Government should pay for it.

next word...

War. Git to defending all three of Bush/Obama's wars lemming.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...h-law-repeal-adds-230-billion-to-deficit.html

no, no i am not..

Yeah moron, it's in that thread where he gets owned....

No one said the CBO was wrong, they say with the numbers being BS that is givin to them of course the outcome does not reflect reality.

And no, I have no idea why in this thread you said "abortion."

Maybe a complete sentence would help?

the cbo does what they are told. If the obama administration tells them to project the 10 year cost of obamacare- using a full 10 years of tax collection, while paying only 6 years of benefits, incorporating a 15% cut in costs across the board, and a rosy growth of tax revenue at 6%- they do it.

Garbage in=garbage out.
Reality in = reality out.

qft.

It is the most irresponsible spending plan put forward by a president in our time. It not only fails to change, but actually accelerates us along, our dangerous fiscal trajectory.

Exactly what I and many others said he would do. To bad we were labeled Racists for daring to speak up at the time.

His budget — widely criticized for growing our gross debt by $13 trillion, swelling our bloated bureaucracy, and ignoring our surging entitlements — is so filled with gimmicks and manipulations that the CBO found an additional $2.3 trillion in deficits beyond what the White House projected.

The co-chairmen of the president’s own fiscal commission declared that if we fail to take swift and serious action, our country faces “the most predictable economic crisis in its history.” They disagreed only on the timeline. Erskine Bowles estimated we had at least two years, while Alan Simpson estimated we had closer to one. Similar warnings have been sounded by experts across the country and the world.

America’s leaders have no higher duty, no greater moral responsibility, than to take all appropriate steps to protect the good people we serve from a clear and present danger.

— Sen. Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.) is a ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee.

Now you are not being honest. 55% of the National Debt is the Bush tax cuts.

so now we like the cbo?

:lol:

It's only been three months since the claim that CBO's role is simply to "regurgitate" numbers fed them by The Powers That Be was all the rage. But three months is a long time in politics, I suppose.

edit: And I see from the post above mine that it still lives!

yes i found it ironic that he would post that.

I also find it funny he didnt understand why i said abortion.
but then again i dont expect much from him in the way of intelligence.

I got it you freak,, same thing as when you sent me your piddly little neg rep and called me "afterbirth" I think you are a code brown.

Forum List

Back