Zone1 "Amsterdam shows why the U.S. criminal justice system is a failure," by Jennifer Rubin

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
The Washington Post, June 19, 2023

I recently traveled to the Netherlands with family. One evening, after an exhilarating performance at Amsterdam’s Concertgebouw, we decided to walk to our hotel. It was a 30- to 40-minute walk, but the weather was pleasant. At times, our path took us near parks that weren’t very well-lit. It was late on a weeknight, so some streets were rather deserted. Yet I never once felt nervous, defensively clutched my purse or wanted to reroute us to main thoroughfares. Now, I also feel safe walking in most parts of New York City. But that’s largely because police are everywhere. Visible on the street, in cars, on horseback.

In the Netherlands, there are roughly 2.6 guns for every 100 people; there are more than 120 guns per 100 people in the United States...

The cost of the U.S. criminal justice system is notoriously high. The conservative American Action Forum reported in 2020, “The United States spends nearly $300 billion annually to police communities and incarcerate 2.2 million people.” That’s just the tip of the iceberg. “The societal costs of incarceration — lost earnings, adverse health effects, and the damage to the families of the incarcerated — are estimated at up to three times the direct costs, bringing the total burden of our criminal justice system to $1.2 trillion.” Moreover, a massive body of data confirms that disproportionate numbers of Black people are arrested, incarcerated and killed by police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...r&wpisrc=nl_opinions&utm_campaign=wp_opinions

------------

Jennifer Rubin misses the main reason the United States has a high crime rate: the United States' population has a high percentage of blacks and Hispanics. Countries where nearly everyone is white or Oriental have low crime rates regardless of gun control laws. Countries where dominated by Negroes or Hispanics have high crime rates, regardless of gun control laws.

I do not like guns and I do not own one. Nevertheless, many whites in the United States own guns because they doubt the ability of the police to protect them from Negro and Hispanic criminals.

Last edited:
It is truly the "elephant in the room." It is also the main reason why statistics of our public education system are so dreadful Remove the POC's and allofasudden we are comparable to Western Europe. What a surprise.

They also have gun control laws.

In the Netherlands, the possession of all firearms, ammunition, and other weapons is prohibited. It is also forbidden to use weapons. There are some exceptions, for instance to trade in weapons and ammunition or if you practice shooting sports. In such cases you will still need a weapon licence.

Weapons permits in the Netherlands | Business.gov.nl​

If I've said it once; I've said it a thousand times... America doesn't have a gun crime problem. America has a Negro crime problem. Remove their contributions from the overall crime statistics; and America is a rather safe country...

It is truly the "elephant in the room." It is also the main reason why statistics of our public education system are so dreadful Remove the POC's and allofasudden we are comparable to Western Europe. What a surprise.
Don't count the people with dark colors, but count the people with yellow colors.

Last edited:

I recently traveled to the Netherlands with family. One evening, after an exhilarating performance at Amsterdam’s Concertgebouw, we decided to walk to our hotel. It was a 30- to 40-minute walk, but the weather was pleasant. At times, our path took us near parks that weren’t very well-lit. It was late on a weeknight, so some streets were rather deserted. Yet I never once felt nervous, defensively clutched my purse or wanted to reroute us to main thoroughfares. Now, I also feel safe walking in most parts of New York City. But that’s largely because police are everywhere. Visible on the street, in cars, on horseback.

In the Netherlands, there are roughly 2.6 guns for every 100 people; there are more than 120 guns per 100 people in the United States...

The cost of the U.S. criminal justice system is notoriously high. The conservative American Action Forum reported in 2020, “The United States spends nearly $300 billion annually to police communities and incarcerate 2.2 million people.” That’s just the tip of the iceberg. “The societal costs of incarceration — lost earnings, adverse health effects, and the damage to the families of the incarcerated — are estimated at up to three times the direct costs, bringing the total burden of our criminal justice system to $1.2 trillion.” Moreover, a massive body of data confirms that disproportionate numbers of Black people are arrested, incarcerated and killed by police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...r&wpisrc=nl_opinions&utm_campaign=wp_opinions

------------

Jennifer Rubin misses the main reason the United States has a high crime rate: the United States' population has a high percentage of blacks and Hispanics. Countries where nearly everyone is white or Oriental have low crime rates regardless of gun control laws. Countries where dominated by Negroes or Hispanics have high crime rates, regardless of gun control laws.

I do not like guns and I do not own one. Nevertheless, many whites in the United States own guns because they doubt the ability of the police to protect them from Negro and Hispanic criminals.
Gun free London’s murder rate is higher than New York City.
Keep trying. Fascists need to disarm law abiding citizens.

I used to be in favor of strict gun control laws. Now I think white people should be allowed to protect themselves from black criminals. The police are too demoralized to protect us. Police brutality is often necessary to subdue black criminals. A well financed police force with plenty of discretionary power is the only thing those people understand.

Last edited:
They also have gun control laws.

In the Netherlands, the possession of all firearms, ammunition, and other weapons is prohibited. It is also forbidden to use weapons. There are some exceptions, for instance to trade in weapons and ammunition or if you practice shooting sports. In such cases you will still need a weapon licence.

Weapons permits in the Netherlands | Business.gov.nl

And even that draconian level of control doesn't stop criminals from getting guns and using them. Gun violence is quickly escalating there and the criminals are using hand grenades and full auto military weapons.

------------

Jennifer is just a liberal leftist twit who falsely claims to be a conservative. She reminds me of Rightwinger. He is a leftard uses a false label, too.

Forum List

Back