A Modest Proposal: G.R.E.E.D.

Should the Fed give everyone $10M loans?

• Yes, it's time to Spread The Wealth Around.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it's time to Stop Worrying and Love The Debt Bomb.

• Yes, G.R.E.E.D is Good!

• Yes, it's about time I got me some of that HopenChange!

• Total voters

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Sheila Blair has put forward A Modest Proposal in which the Fed would give everyone $10M. Why should only the 1% benefit from the Zero Interest Rate Policu?

Are you concerned about growing income inequality in America? Are you resentful of all that wealth concentrated in the 1 percent? I’ve got the perfect solution, a modest proposal that involves just a small adjustment in the Federal Reserve’s easy monetary policy. Best of all, it will mean that none of us have to work for a living anymore.

For several years now, the Fed has been making money available to the financial sector at near-zero interest rates. Big banks and hedge funds, among others, have taken this cheap money and invested it in securities with high yields. This type of profit-making, called the “carry trade,” has been enormously profitable for them.

So why not let everyone participate?

Under my plan, each American household could borrow $10 million from the Fed at zero interest...

Sheila Bair's Modest Proposal To Fix Everything: Hyperinflation | ZeroHedge

Sheila Blair has put forward A Modest Proposal in which the Fed would give everyone $10M. Why should only the 1% benefit from the Zero Interest Rate Policu?

Are you concerned about growing income inequality in America? Are you resentful of all that wealth concentrated in the 1 percent? I’ve got the perfect solution, a modest proposal that involves just a small adjustment in the Federal Reserve’s easy monetary policy. Best of all, it will mean that none of us have to work for a living anymore.

For several years now, the Fed has been making money available to the financial sector at near-zero interest rates. Big banks and hedge funds, among others, have taken this cheap money and invested it in securities with high yields. This type of profit-making, called the “carry trade,” has been enormously profitable for them.

So why not let everyone participate?

Under my plan, each American household could borrow $10 million from the Fed at zero interest...

Sheila Bair's Modest Proposal To Fix Everything: Hyperinflation | ZeroHedge

Dat be da awesome!!

We can all be dirt poor millionaires!!

Why on earth would i borrow money i wasnt confident I could pay back, regardless of what the interest is?

Forum List

Back