A mechanism to remove a Congress that has lost all its shit? #ImpeachTheHouse

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
I’m talking the entire body...is it time for this to be explored?
There’s just no way real Americans should be forced to sit idle with a corrupt House.
#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

Impeach? The entire House is up for election this year (and every two years). Revolution is always within easy, safe, legal reach by voters. Apparently, the population is too dim to exercise the options.

There’s just no way real Americans should be forced to sit idle with a corrupt House.
#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

The mechanism is there dumbass....it is called an election.

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

Why should the people have to wait until next year?

We need change now, as the Current house is an Existential Threat to our Democracy. Impeach and remove, so we can get the country back on track

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

We need change now, as the Current house is an Existential Threat to our Democracy. Impeach and remove, so we can get the country back on track
It's full of Soros puppets anyway, both Dems and RINOs.

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

It's full of Soros puppets anyway, both Dems and RINOs.
hi

If you remove "Soros" from your post I will agree 110%. Soros puppets are just one variety of puppet, and we have several kinds of puppets in congress.

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

Because the Constitution says so. You cannot save the country by shitting on the Constitution

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

I don't agree we should impeach the House, but this is the absolute last straw. The proof that this is all bogus is the fact that the same people impeaching Trump, when Clinton was being impeached (yes, these SAME people were all working for the government way back THEN too!) used the exact OPPOSITE rationales for not impeaching Clinton!

In other words, back in the 90's they said they MUST NOT impeach Clinton because of x!

Now 20-some years later they are claiming they absolutely MUST impeach Donald because of x!

It is insanity.

There are legal remedies for filing frivolous lawsuits and now already, Max Waters is stating that the outcome of this impeachment does not matter, that they will just find something else and some other way and the fight will go on. These people state flagrantly that they will sue, investigate and impeach, even before and without cause or reason to do so, just because it isn't in their biology to live under the same sun as Donald Trump!

This isn't Congress. This isn't representation. This is a faction of government employees mad with Trump Derangement Syndrome that intend to keep wasting taxpayer time and money ad infinitum so long as they have a breathe left in their body.

The USA cannot function like this.

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

Oh you mean like how we elect a president every four years?

Yes, except our Founding Fathers viewed members of Congress differently and did not make them eligible to be impeached.
They can though be recalled by their state voters.

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

Yes, except our Founding Fathers viewed members of Congress differently and did not make them eligible to be impeached.

Not federal congress critters, there is no mechanism to recall them via citizens at the ballot box in the U.S. Constitution.

That being said the HoR and the Senate can according to Article 1, Section 5:
"Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member."

In other words if 2/3 of the members of the chamber you're a member of vote to kick you out because you've been a bad little Congress Creature then you're out.

Impeach? The entire House is up for election this year (and every two years). Revolution is always within easy, safe, legal reach by voters. Apparently, the population is too dim to exercise the options.
why is that different than a presidential election? why the need for impeach? explain.

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

Congratulations! You've just won the dunce for the day award. Now put on your pointy hat and go sit in the corner.

William Barr himself shot down the claim a president can’t be impeached for abuse of power: 2018 memo
https://www.alternet.org/2020/01/wi...nt-be-impeached-for-abuse-of-power-2018-memo/

"One of the arguments that President Donald Trump’s legal team has been using is in his defense is that the two articles of impeachment he is facing — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — are not impeachable offenses according to established law. But legal expert Jerry Lambe, in an article for Law & Crime, writes that Attorney General William Barr himself shot down that argument in a June 8, 2018 memo.

Lambe notes that in his memo, Barr wrote, “Every four years, the people as a whole make a solemn national decision as to the person whom they trust to make these prudential judgments. In the interim, the people’s representatives stand watch and have the tools to oversee, discipline and, if they deem appropriate, remove the president from office. Thus, under the Framers’ plan, the determination whether the president is making decisions based on ‘improper’ motives or whether he is ‘faithfully’ discharging his responsibilities is left to the people, through the election process, and the Congress, through the impeachment process.” Barr, Lambe points out, went on to emphasize his belief in “political accountability.”

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

Not federal congress critters, there is no mechanism to recall them via citizens at the ballot box in the U.S. Constitution.

That being said the HoR and the Senate can according to Article 1, Section 5:
"Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member."

In other words if 2/3 of the members of the chamber you're a member of vote to kick you out because you've been a bad little Congress Creature then you're out.

You are correct. Thanks! I was thinking of the state level recall and erroneously added it to the Federal level.

why is that different than a presidential election? why the need for impeach? explain.
Out of politeness, this is being answered, but the only answer is, why would anyone ask me this?

#IMPEACHTHEHOUSE

'Hypothetically' speaking, if we had a House of Reps led by some whacked-out old c*nt with the hardest-core case of TDS ever known and a bunch of gutless chickenshit bastards following her every move surely you'd like to see a pathway to recourse for Americans....and removal of said old c*nt and her piece of shit minions...right?
You don't think Americans should have to wait up to two years to end total lunacy...do you?

Forum List

Back