A Man With A Conscience

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Remember when a great many Americans thought, or at least suspected, the Clintons murdered Vince Foster. One of the postulates put forth at the time said Foster was snuffed because he was a man of conscience who was about to tell all. Things were so bad and getting worse in the early months of the Clinton co-presidency Foster could not live with the plans Clinton filth had for the country. I’ve always thought that the people the Clintons were embracing in those early months was the tipping point for Foster. I am partial to the man of conscience explanation mainly because no man in any criminal organization is more feared than a man with a conscience near the top.

NOTE: Men of conscience cannot work their way up in traditional criminal organizations, corporations, and so on. The presidency is unique in that each president brings people to the top with him. If they arrive with a conscience they must be weeded out. Vince Foster was an extreme example of the Beltway weeding process.

The mistake

The Clintons should have accepted the gift offered by skeptics and ordered the police to call it murder instead of suicide. There was no way they would ever be charged with ordering Foster’s murder, and they would have looked like they wanted the truth to come out.

Behind the scenes the police could have found a patsy to take the fall. Hell, the “suspect” could have been gunned down while resisting arrest; thereby, ending the investigation. If a made-to-order patsy wasn’t available the police could have continued looking for the murderer with the same vim and vigor O. J. devoted to looking for his wife’s killer. The investigation would have dragged on in the media for a few years until it faded into an unsolved crime.

Every cover-up carries the same pitfalls. So all things considered the Clintons would have been better off calling it murder. Murder demands proof while calling it suicide to hide murder always ends up in the realms of speculation, interpretation, and eternal life. Case in point: Foster’s “suicide” is alive and well in Benghazi:

It was on July 20, 1993 when Vince Foster, President Bill Clinton’s childhood friend and Hillary Clinton’s closest White House confidante, was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in the head in Fort Marcy Park, Virginia. Before a preliminary investigation began, Americans were told by White House officials and President Clinton that Vince Foster committed suicide in Fort Marcy Park, nobody saw it coming, and it would remain a “mystery”—the cohesive strategy crafted in Hillary’s White House counsel’s office. Clinton Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers even stated: “the Park Service Police is the only agency that’s investigating [Vince Foster’s death], and that the objective of their search is simply to determine that it was a suicide.”

The fix was in. The objective of the investigation into Vince Foster’s death, the highest ranking government official’s death since President John Kennedy was assassinated, was “simply to determine that it was a suicide [emphasis mine].” The conclusion was predetermined. The cohesive strategy stuck as “truth” and they got away with it. Homicide, foul play, the possibility of blackmail, a potential risk to America’s national security, was never investigated. No need for the Clinton White House to cooperate with investigators or the media. They didn’t. Case closed. Move on….

And now Hillary Clinton and the Obama White House are following the same cover-up playbook in Benghazi.

The Fix is in: Hillary’s Benghazi cover-up—like Vince Foster death investigation
Marinka Peschmann
Monday, December 17, 2012

The Fix is in: Hillary’s Benghazi cover-up—like Vince Foster death investigation

One need only look at how Hillary Clinton is being protected to know that Democrats and the media intend to make her their nominee in 2016. No presidential wannabe in history ever had so much invested in them by so many over so long a time period than Hillary Clinton. The New World Order crowd is not going to throw away that investment.

Had Hussein not been half-black Clinton would surely have gotten the nomination in 2008. You might say that Democrats had two dream choices to beat a loser like John McCain. A first time black president, and a first time woman president. Based on numbers alone, I was rather surprised Hussein got the nod. Blacks constitute approximately 12 percent of the population while women claim 50 percent.

Finally, my first question when Hillary’s concussion was announced was “How do they know?” The woman is either starched or numb most of the time anyway. It took me all of two minutes to realize her concussion was an excuse for not testifying about her part in the Benghazi attack. The reason is obvious. There is not one thing Clinton can say that will help her in 2016.

I agree with your theory that good guys don't get to the top politically because it takes more than a little bit of evil in one's soul to do what it takes to get to the top. I assure you, we are not the only people in the world to subscribe to that theory.

Of course, that would include all who have risen to the height of political power in this country, including such men as Ronald Reagan, Dwight David Eisenhower and Jimmy Carter, - three who people who would not normally be thought of as evil.

Having said that, the Right did everything it could to discredit Bill Clinton. It was all bull shit. Want to find out how much bull shit? Read "Blinded By The Right," by David brock.

I agree with your theory, though.

I agree with your theory that good guys don't get to the top politically because it takes more than a little bit of evil in one's soul to do what it takes to get to the top.

To George Costanza: That’s your theory not mine. I believe that good guys make it to the top every once in a while in spite of the media. RR and Eisenhower are two examples. RR is extraordinary because he made it when television had much more influence than Ike had to overcome. No small thing in the world of politics.

Parenthetically, media hatred of Richard Nixon was beyond extreme and he still made it. Nixon and Truman were good presidents on balance although they both had major blind spots.

Clinton did plenty to discredit himself.

To Mr. H.: And the media did plenty to cover it up for him.

From your OP:

Men of conscience cannot work their way up in traditional criminal organizations, corporations, and so on. The presidency is unique in that each president brings people to the top with him. If they arrive with a conscience they must be weeded out. Vince Foster was an extreme example of the Beltway weeding process.

I guess I misunderstood.

But, yes - that is my (and a considerable number of historians, political analyists, etc.) theory. I don't care how "good" or "nice" or "conscionable" (or whatever adjective you want to plug in there) a president, prime minister, or whatever, may appear, you can be sure it isn't all that pristine. You have to do some pretty rotton things to rise to the top. You have to be prepared to step on others, compromise your principles and just generally do nasty things in order to get there.

Winston Churchill, Adolph Hitler, John Kennedy - it's a universal principle. You may not like it and you may not believe it but don't ignore it.

I believe that good guys make it to the top every once in a while in spite of the media. RR and Eisenhower are two examples. RR is extraordinary because he made it when television had much more influence than Ike had to overcome. No small thing in the world of politics.

Care to name a few Democratic presidents that you feel made it to the top "in spite of the media"?

Didn't think so . . . . .

I love the phrase diplomatic illness. It’s a synonym for diplomatic excuse:

The State Department slammed former United Nations envoy John Bolton over his suggestion that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton falsely claimed a concussion to avoid a potentially embarrassing appearance before Congress to explain the deadly terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

In an appearance on Fox News, Bolton said that Clinton’s claim that she had fainted because of the flu, hitting her head and suffering a concussion, was what foreign service officers call a “diplomatic illness,” intended to free a diplomat from an unpleasant duty. Clinton was supposed to appear before congressional foreign affairs committees on Thursday to respond to questions about whether security failures opened the way for the Sept. 11 attack.

“This is a diplomatic illness to beat the band,” said Bolton, who served during the George W. Bush administration. “I mean, I hope it’s nothing serious. But this was revealed in a way that I think was not transparent and I think there is an obligation here.”

Clinton accused of faking illness to avoid Benghazi testimony
By Paul Richter
December 19, 2012, 3:01 p.m.

Clinton accused of faking illness to avoid Benghazi testimony - latimes.com

From now on headaches, hangnails, hangovers, and bad hair days will be reason enough for NOT testifying. Hillary’s “concussion” might very well turn out to be the greatest aid to government coverups since executive privilege was born. A doctor’s generous diagnosis might even come to be known as a “Hillary note.” Hell, she might even be able to get a copyright. Everything is possible for a Beltway insider.

Every cover-up carries the same pitfalls. So all things considered the Clintons would have been better off calling it murder. Murder demands proof while calling it suicide to hide murder always ends up in the realms of speculation, interpretation, and eternal life. Case in point: Foster’s “suicide” is alive and well
I was right:

May 23, 2016, 09:37 pm
Trump on '90s suicide of top Clinton aide: ‘Very fishy’
By Caitlin Yilek

Trump on '90s suicide of top Clinton aide: ‘Very fishy’

Forum List

Back