A case for you the jury about Patty Hearst

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
I would imagine that we who were alive then recall the kidnapping of Patty Hearst. I will post what Wikipedia says. She was not involved with her kidnappers until they took her from Berkeley, Ca and it is said, they brainwashed her. She was part of robbing a bank north of Sacramento, CA and later arrested and convicted.

President Carter Freed her from prison and President Clinton pardoned her for her crimes.
If you enjoy legal matters, it won't take you long to read Wikipedia and of course investigate this as you please so you believe you understand her case.
Do you find her credible? Do you believe she was raped? Do you believe she wanted to rob the bank?
Do you believe Carter was wrong to free her from a sentence to Prison. (7 years sentence- served 22 months) Do you believe Clinton was right to pardon her. Any other issues you wish to mention, by all means feel free.

Patricia-Hearst-front-emblem-Symbionese--1584715.JPG

Patty Hearst, heard the burst, of Roland’s Thompson gun, and bought it. ;)

Patty Hearst was a victim
Democrats will say that because one of their presidents released her from prison and a next D president purged her conviction. I doubt many democrats recall the gun fight the SLA was in with the cops.

I remember it quite well. Patty Hearst was bemused by a juvenile romantacizing of the Liberation movement. Just like young people sitting on bridges romanticize Palestine and climate change do today.

I would imagine that we who were alive then recall the kidnapping of Patty Hearst. I will post what Wikipedia says. She was not involved with her kidnappers until they took her from Berkeley, Ca and it is said, they brainwashed her. She was part of robbing a bank north of Sacramento, CA and later arrested and convicted.

President Carter Freed her from prison and President Clinton pardoned her for her crimes.
If you enjoy legal matters, it won't take you long to read Wikipedia and of course investigate this as you please so you believe you understand her case.
Do you find her credible? Do you believe she was raped? Do you believe she wanted to rob the bank?
Do you believe Carter was wrong to free her from a sentence to Prison. (7 years sentence- served 22 months) Do you believe Clinton was right to pardon her. Any other issues you wish to mention, by all means feel free.

Epitaph on the Vietnam Wall: PROUD TO DIE TAKING A RICHKID'S PLACE

Spoiled HeirHead guillotine-fodder get away with murder in this totalitarian Heiristocracy.

I believe she did whatever it took to make it out of her situation alive.
I never been kidnapped, who knows

Forum List

Back