a lonely day in hell

hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs

o she is in assisted living....i am not crazy...she would have killed me by now....or i would have killed her....i cant imagine how people do this for years at home....

I can't either. This is making me feel fortunate that my mother just drives me nuts nagging about me about meaningless junk (your towels are getting shabby, you need new ones).

Hang in there.

Here's a basket full of understanding and well wishes for you, bones. Keep fighting the good fight. I know you don't believe in God but I know he never puts more on you than you can manage. Take a deep breath and shake off all the bad vibes. You're doing the right thing and I respect you for it.

Just seeing this. Bones I am so sorry. Keeping you in my :eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Hang in there, bones. In the end, you will cherish the time you had with her, even after all the hard times and trouble.

My wife and I went through this with her mother. She completely regressed, and would confuse my wife with her younger sister (who had passed years earlier), and me with my wife's ex. Near the end, we just played along to make her feel better.

One week before she passed, we had 1/2 hour where she cleared up and knew who we were. We spent the time talking about our last trip together and the things we did on the cruise. It was like nothing was wrong. We laughed and had a good time, and then she switched back. But at least my wife had that last great memory of her mother.

Stay close to her until the end. We live at the other end of the state from where my MIL lived, and when we got the call from her older sister that the end was near, I drove like a bat out of hell to try to get there before she passed. I lost. But my wife was comforted by that last wonderful day they laughed together. It made her happy that for one last moment, her mother knew who she was and that she loved her.

I wish you all the best, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Damn bones... if I could push some kind of magic button and make everything better, I would. Disagreeing and arguing with you here is just entertainment. But hearing about your woes hits me as a person, and I'm truly sorry to hear things are so bad.

One day at a time... sometimes one hour at a time. Small victories, but they add up.

Hang in there girl.

Last edited:
I have a theory that women get their sorrow in this life in long, long, periods of deep sadness and misery, while men get theirs in deep abysses that come and go more rapidly. A generalization and possibly not very useful....but lack of hope will break the strongest back, and mind.

If we can ever be of service to you and yours bones, just say so.

hope_flower_copy_proof.jpg

ahh infie i get by with the help of a lot of my cyber friends...yall seem to take it a wee bit better than the real life friends....and when my son told me will was dead...i realized i didnt have the worse day in the world...my friend did...i cant imagine how she is doing...she stayed in a bad marriage because of her sons...i noticed in the guest book on line...everyone addresses her....very few mention the father....

i am resisting the urge to drink....i just cant go back to bottles of vodka a day...that aint even helping reality....and i am proud of myself....i am still not smoking ciggies....i think those two vices are ones i really need to avoid...and i dont mean to sound holier than thou....i have hit the patron on some nights...
and i really do want a ciggie....

i can almost remember the feeling of that warm smoke..filling my lungs....i can close my eyes and almost smell it....exhaling the smoke...i am joe cool...but it aint gonna happen...if i dont turn yellow and the lungs dont fail....i am happy

Resist those urges Bones.... now is'nt the time to start back up. It will only amplify the problems and wreck everything even worse (at least the alcohol will) Wait till you have a reason to celebrate something to enjoy a good drink.
We will all celebrate with ya when you decide to have a celebratory drink or two.

We can all have a collective toast with ya. :beer:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I feel lucky to have my faith because I know in heaven I will be reunited with those I love. My primary comfort in this isn't the prospect of my own joy, I'm pretty joyful here, but in the understanding that my loved ones will be joyful at last.

• Thanks
well today was going well...we were getting ready to go to belks when the phone rings....her best friend in the world ....calls and asks her has she been home.....o well...hell broke loose...she refused to go get socks....fine....i got son to go see her later in the day...

she didnt remember me coming by...she has no clue when the trip is...or how they are going...

i will take thursday off....cause i dread the 3 hour car ride with her friday....she has no clue where she is going....she tends to be a lot worse as the day goes on...

i consulted a phsy guy who did the court evaluation...he told me ...she cant hold anything in her memory...that she has moments of having things together but then they are gone...he is willing to see her after the trip....

o here is a story:

there is a lady...who brings her dog and sits with her mother....they just sit they dont really talk....but they look so peaceful....her and her mother are kinda new....so i see her at the post office and literally chase her down....we get to talking....i ask her how her mother is...she replies....angry....just angry...and depressed...then she tells me how much she envys me when she sees me taking my mother out....that we seem so happy...

i told her the truth....i had so envied her and how peaceful they looked....while she envied me...for having an active mom...

• Thanks
Our problem was making sure Dad didn't try to leave on his own....

He made it 2 blocks once, said he was going to get a Bus to go home. He wasn't sure which bus or which direction home was at the time. But he could always tell you about what was happening 45 years ago.....

o here is a story:

there is a lady...who brings her dog and sits with her mother....they just sit they dont really talk....but they look so peaceful....her and her mother are kinda new....so i see her at the post office and literally chase her down....we get to talking....i ask her how her mother is...she replies....angry....just angry...and depressed...then she tells me how much she envys me when she sees me taking my mother out....that we seem so happy...

i told her the truth....i had so envied her and how peaceful they looked....while she envied me...for having an active mom...

It's a cliche to say that the grass is always greener, but each of us has private pain and tragedy that is not always visible to others. It doesn't lessen the pain to know that someone else is suffering, but it does make it easier to handle to know that others understand what one is going through.

You are being a good daughter. You won't regret it.

• Thanks
well today was going well...we were getting ready to go to belks when the phone rings....her best friend in the world ....calls and asks her has she been home.....o well...hell broke loose...she refused to go get socks....fine....i got son to go see her later in the day...

she didnt remember me coming by...she has no clue when the trip is...or how they are going...

i will take thursday off....cause i dread the 3 hour car ride with her friday....she has no clue where she is going....she tends to be a lot worse as the day goes on...

i consulted a phsy guy who did the court evaluation...he told me ...she cant hold anything in her memory...that she has moments of having things together but then they are gone...he is willing to see her after the trip....

may i ask where you have to go on this 3 hour drive?

Forum List

Back