A.I. will replace half of all jobs in the next decade, says widely followed technologist

My own personal SkyNet

23.jpg

I've been thinking about getting one of those but I'm not sure I want to hassle with the software part heh

I'm not sure what software might be a hassle. You can make prints without a CAD/CAM program as there are literally tens of thousands of designs for free out on the Internet ready to print on sites like Thingiverse.

However, learning to use a good FREE CAD/CAM software like Fusion 360 isn't hard and it opens up a whole world of possibilities. The first time I took an idea from thought to solid object it was only a stand for a wobbly PopVinyl but I felt like I just invented the hoverboard. Starting out slow is the answer.

The software that runs the machine comes loaded on the controller board. You can upgrade that software to a more feature rich version but I haven't needed to do that in the six months since I built it.

If you're mechanically inclined and patient, you can build a RepRap Prusa machine from a parts kit and you'll save many times the cost of a new machine AND learn how the thing actually works ... something you'll need for troubleshooting issues down the line.

Machines and robots can do the job 10, 50 or 100 times better...What do you think the suppliers are going to use to make profit? Machines and robots. It is a natural part of capitalism at this time in history.

What we have to figure out is how we take care of the human beings and use it to our advantage.

I've been thinking about getting one of those but I'm not sure I want to hassle with the software part heh

I'm not sure what software might be a hassle. You can make prints without a CAD/CAM program as there are literally tens of thousands of designs for free out on the Internet ready to print on sites like Thingiverse.

However, learning to use a good FREE CAD/CAM software like Fusion 360 isn't hard and it opens up a whole world of possibilities. The first time I took an idea from thought to solid object it was only a stand for a wobbly PopVinyl but I felt like I just invented the hoverboard. Starting out slow is the answer.

The software that runs the machine comes loaded on the controller board. You can upgrade that software to a more feature rich version but I haven't needed to do that in the six months since I built it.

If you're mechanically inclined and patient, you can build a RepRap Prusa machine from a parts kit and you'll save many times the cost of a new machine AND learn how the thing actually works ... something you'll need for troubleshooting issues down the line.

Yeah I dabble in electronics, making custom PCB's to do whatever, so I'm sure I could build one. My problem is that the stuff I'd want to print is only in my head and until they make a viable brain to PC link I'm not seeing myself able to convert the idea into CAD. An artist I am not.

Yeah I dabble in electronics, making custom PCB's to do whatever, so I'm sure I could build one. My problem is that the stuff I'd want to print is only in my head and until they make a viable brain to PC link I'm not seeing myself able to convert the idea into CAD. An artist I am not.

I don't consider myself an artist either. CAD software works like technical drawing, but you don't need to know how to draw. The programs can be overwhelming, but if you start simple you can gain the skills in a short time. I never seriously touched a CAD program in my life until six months ago, and this is my first big project.

18057995_10154642909972449_2936297427640036630_n.jpg

I don't consider myself an artist either. CAD software works like technical drawing, but you don't need to know how to draw. The programs can be overwhelming, but if you start simple you can gain the skills in a short time. I never seriously touched a CAD program in my life until six months ago, and this is my first big project.

18057995_10154642909972449_2936297427640036630_n.jpg

Cool. IDK I've learned a lot of CAD's, mostly in the architecture department. My problem is I want to print figurines of my characters for my novel and do stop animation, but I can't draw my characters nor the setting. I tried for a few months but ultimately had to pay someone to do it for me.

Cool. IDK I've learned a lot of CAD's, mostly in the architecture department. My problem is I want to print figurines of my characters for my novel and do stop animation, but I can't draw my characters nor the setting. I tried for a few months but ultimately had to pay someone to do it for me.

The best program I've ever seen for this .. and it's free ... is Blender. It's insanely complex but there are a lot of support communities / videos to help you get started. There is another free utility for Blender called 'Make Human' which allows you to design human and humanoid characters from a menu of body and facial characteristics. It has slider bars do you can visually watch your changes as you make them. There are also utilities out there that do the animation (walking, running, fighting, etc) for you from parameters that you set.

I helped my daughter make animated walking zombies with this for her Senior Year project.

The best program I've ever seen for this .. and it's free ... is Blender. It's insanely complex but there are a lot of support communities / videos to help you get started. There is another free utility for Blender called 'Make Human' which allows you to design human and humanoid characters from a menu of body and facial characteristics. There are also utilities out there that do the animation (walking, running, fighting, etc) for you from parameters that you set.

I helped my daughter make animated walking zombies with this for her Senior Year project.

hmmm maybe I'll look into that after I get done with the divorce crap. Thanks for the tip.

View attachment 123675

A.I. will replace half of all jobs in the next decade, says widely followed technologist
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we keep telling the sheep, those who push and push for this better known as Globalist/ Elites hate you, they hate humans and want to dictate, control , and run your lives. They want most of us gone.

It doesn't matter whose ass you kiss, you can love your little Democrat title, you can wipe the ass of your Democratic President next time we have one they don't care you are scum of the earth to them.

" HUNGER GAMES" and your in it .

Luddite

Forum List

Back