A hometown example of the necessity of gun rights

Your the one that is wrong, no threat was made, Gunny said IF he did something, what would happen, he did not say he was GOING to do something. But then you may not be a native English speaker so maybe we should give you the benefit of the doubt. Or perhaps it is just that great liberal school system we have now adays that didn't teach you very effective reading skills.

Surprise surprise, the military guy is going to side with the other military guy against the liberal.
:rofl:

Doesn't take an automatic weapon, all it takes is a guy with a little skill and a saturday night special and your KARATA skills will be useless. Most people that knowingly break into occupied homes do not intend to kiss you and hug you and they come armed.

Most home burgleries are done with no one home, BUT the one listed here occurred with residents home and trapped. And they happen often enough that it is not a rare occurrance.

Anyone breaking down a door while the residents are inside are not there for cake and cookies.

And you did not answer the questions: How many home invasions involved automatic weapons? How many home invasions occured since 2000? :eusa_hand:

Look Dipstick, we all get it. You are 39, you dont own a gun, right now you don't think you will ever need one. You still live in candy ass land and the real world hasn't bit you in the ass yet. I hope it never does. I wish I could click my heels three times and go back to where you are, but I can't. There are other reasons to own a gun that havn't even been spoken about on this thread. The real world and real bad people don't play. It isn't a game. I hope you never have to find out just how bad it CAN be.

Like hunting. I am not a hunter, but I have uncles who are. That is understandable. I work with a guy who has firearms that he goes to a range and shoots with. That is his hobby. I get that too.

The majority of people on this thread are convinced that they will be attacked in their homes and that they will kill whoever gets in.

Sorry, but smacks too much of paranoia and hysteria.

And thanks for wishing me well. I do appreciate that. I work in Boston and live in the South Shore of MA. Check the news, Boston is a dangerous town. The surrounding areas are risky too.

I never said I was a bad ass. That is something that has been misconstrued to belittle me on this thread. My main point is that - although it is your right, one does not need a gun.

Even if you get one and the law allows you to defend yourself via killing another human, I think that you should do everything in your power to preserve that life.

But then again, it is your soul. Do as you may.

Having a problem admitting you may be wrong gunny?

Hey! What is all this crap about Post #41? Unless my computer is screwing things up, post #41 was written by me and said the following.

"You have called 911 emergency. All lines are busy. Please hold".

Taomon - can you please tell me how that is threatening or offensive?

Surprise surprise, the military guy is going to side with the other military guy against the liberal.
:rofl:

You're talking about post #32, aren't you? This one, from GunnyL.....

Sure you don't. I GUARANTEE you if I invaded your house with a firearm you wouldn't negate shit but a couple of rounds in your skull.

If so, that's not a threat. He's disagreeing with you by providing a scenario.

I don't know why I'm bothering with this, as Gunny seems quite capable of defending himself (pardon the pun). But since you won't believe Gunny, and think that RetiredGySgt must be agreeing with him because they both "military guys", I thought I'd chip in as well.

I have no military background.

There was no threat.

Let's move on, for the love of Mike.

I am not afraid of firearms, I have no need for them. Why do you?

hunting mostly.

Though whether people should have guns has nothing do with 'need'. Convenient argument, but totally irrelevant.

You know what? You were right on this one. I read a peer-reviewed article a long time ago that proved what I said.

I found some sources that held the same contention and they were very biased. I have to withdraw my remark.

Although, I will say this. Of all the rednecks I have met and spoken to, and after reading through this thread, it almost seems common sense that to own a gun makes some of you (and some other people I have met) more likely to shoot another human being.

No common sense doesn't say that. There are far too many factors at play to make such a blanket statement. You made the statement in an attempt ot justify your position. Even if true, it isn't really a justification at all.

hunting mostly.

Though whether people should have guns has nothing do with 'need'. Convenient argument, but totally irrelevant.

That is a legitimate reason. In fact, the most legit reason.:clap2:

No common sense doesn't say that. There are far too many factors at play to make such a blanket statement. You made the statement in an attempt ot justify your position. Even if true, it isn't really a justification at all.

Sure it is. You don't believe it to be so because you personally disagree. But the blood-thirstiness that came out on this thread pretty-much proves what I said. And I stand by that.

You are belittling me and my experiences. So sorry that I appear defensive to you. You studied a bunch of martial arts - as claimed in an earlier post. So where is your humility? Where is your compassion? You act like a bully.

I learned what I learned and I enjoyed every minute of it. My teacher taught me the precepts and I took them to heart. That is all there is to that.

You have made it very clear that no matter what I say, you have little or no respect for me. So be it. I have zero for you as well.

Dude, do you just HAVE to use every worn-out cliche in the Whiner's Handbook? Act like a bully my ass.

You get the respect you earn around here, jack. So far, you're at zero working on none. When you present a well-informed argument backed by fact and/or evidence that will be subject to change. Until then, all of your appeal to emotion arguments reek.

Dude, do you just HAVE to use every worn-out cliche in the Whiner's Handbook? Act like a bully my ass.

You get the respect you earn around here, jack. So far, you're at zero working on none. When you present a well-informed argument backed by fact and/or evidence that will be subject to change. Until then, all of your appeal to emotion arguments reek.

Gunny, I have. You are a bully. That is all. I don't care if I ever have your respect. In fact, not having your respect makes me a better person, so thanks.

You have not earned any points either. You have yet to pose a good argument or a strong case for your beliefs. All you do is insult people.

Surprise surprise ... probably because he's right, so am I, and you apparently see things in sentences that don't exist.

No, you guys are just bullies, typical of the military mindset. You made a veiled threat and that is all.

And you did not answer the questions: How many home invasions involved automatic weapons? How many home invasions occured since 2000? :eusa_hand:

Probably because you asked me, Einstein, and I responded to your post. Since those numbers are irrelevant to the conversation as just ONE home invasion CAN be you, I saw no point in doing your homework for you.

Like hunting. I am not a hunter, but I have uncles who are. That is understandable. I work with a guy who has firearms that he goes to a range and shoots with. That is his hobby. I get that too.

The majority of people on this thread are convinced that they will be attacked in their homes and that they will kill whoever gets in.

Sorry, but smacks too much of paranoia and hysteria.

And thanks for wishing me well. I do appreciate that. I work in Boston and live in the South Shore of MA. Check the news, Boston is a dangerous town. The surrounding areas are risky too.

I never said I was a bad ass. That is something that has been misconstrued to belittle me on this thread. My main point is that - although it is your right, one does not need a gun.

Even if you get one and the law allows you to defend yourself via killing another human, I think that you should do everything in your power to preserve that life.

But then again, it is your soul. Do as you may.

Yet another response from the prey on the emotions of others handbook. Being prepared for something that could happen is far from paranoia.

Where a seatbelt, do you?

Lock your doors at night?

Look both ways before crossing a street?

We won't even go into some of the conspiracy crap you've posted on the board.

I would like to know why it is the Godless is concerned about souls.

That is a legitimate reason. In fact, the most legit reason.:clap2:

Nothing legitimate about it at all. You don't "need" a car. You don't "need clothing." You don't "need" a haircut or shave. You don't "need" a wife and or kids.

You can survive quite well without any of the above items and more that you probably have. But tell you what, you shut up about what you presume to think for me I "need," and I'll be happy to return the consideration.

Gunny, I have. You are a bully. That is all. I don't care if I ever have your respect. In fact, not having your respect makes me a better person, so thanks.

You have not earned any points either. You have yet to pose a good argument or a strong case for your beliefs. All you do is insult people.

Really? Prove your accusation. I'm not the one on here telling people what they should and should not have based on a skewed viewpoint of reality.

Do try to differentiate between me insulting you, and insulting a piss-poor argument unworthy of any real consideration.

Probably because you asked me, Einstein, and I responded to your post. Since those numbers are irrelevant to the conversation as just ONE home invasion CAN be you, I saw no point in doing your homework for you.

In other words, the chances are slim to none that I will experience a home invasion, except for maybe a law enforcement agent holding a copy of the Patrtiot Act.

Yet another response from the prey on the emotions of others handbook. Being prepared for something that could happen is far from paranoia.

Where a seatbelt, do you?

Lock your doors at night?

Look both ways before crossing a street?

We won't even go into some of the conspiracy crap you've posted on the board.

I would like to know why it is the Godless is concerned about souls.

Who says I am Godless? I love God very much and pray everyday. I just don't like Christian extremists.

Forum List

Back