A-Hole Rubio will not run for re-election to Senate.

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Today, Marco Rubio said that he will not run for re-election to the US Senate:

"Marco Rubio is a U.S. senator. And he just can’t stand it anymore.

“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”

This year, as Rubio runs for president, he has cast the Senate — the very place that cemented him as a national politician — as a place he’s given up on, after less than one term. It’s too slow. Too rule-bound. So Rubio, 44, has decided not to run for his seat again. It’s the White House or bust."

Rubio gives up on Senate: ‘He hates it’

This makes the 3rd Republican (prominent Republican--Rick Perry doesn't qualify) to quit an election.

-----------

The unspoken other shoe to drop is this: Do the people of Florida deserve to have a Senator who will be present in the Senate while Rubio campaigns for President? Obviously, he's not attending to the State's business in the Senate at the same time; has said he isn't coming back, and will no longer be a factor in business going forward when his term expires next year.

Basically, Mr. Rubio embodies all that is wrong with Washington. The ego on this man must be galactic to think that he can state that he isn't interested in being their Senator, will not give up the seat he no longer wants, and, at the same time, feels that he is adequate enough to lead the nation. I never had much strong emotions about Mr. Rubio outside of his sophomoric actions such as quoting Jay-Z on the Senate Floor during one of the grandstanding filibusters. The rebuttle drink heard 'round the world was unfortunate. But this is beyond the pale of twisted logic and is borderline narcissist.

And yes, we have had similar situations in the past where candidates have announced their resignation well before their term expired. But they still did the business of the nation during that time. We've also had persons who campaigned while being absent from Senate duties. However, part of a Senator's clout is that they have lengthy terms and are likely to be around either as a friend or foe to others in the chamber for a length of time. Rubio is giving Florida the worst of all worlds; an absentee Senator who has given up any leverage he may have had.

“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”

This year, as Rubio runs for president, he has cast the Senate — the very place that cemented him as a national politician — as a place he’s given up on, after less than one term. It’s too slow. Too rule-bound. So Rubio, 44, has decided not to run for his seat again. It’s the White House or bust."

This makes the 3rd Republican (prominent Republican--Rick Perry doesn't qualify) to quit an election.

-----------

The unspoken other shoe to drop is this: Do the people of Florida deserve to have a Senator who will be present in the Senate while Rubio campaigns for President? Obviously, he's not attending to the State's business in the Senate at the same time; has said he isn't coming back, and will no longer be a factor in business going forward when his term expires next year.

Basically, Mr. Rubio embodies all that is wrong with Washington. The ego on this man must be galactic to think that he can state that he isn't interested in being their Senator, will not give up the seat he no longer wants, and, at the same time, feels that he is adequate enough to lead the nation. I never had much strong emotions about Mr. Rubio outside of his sophomoric actions such as quoting Jay-Z on the Senate Floor during one of the grandstanding filibusters. The rebuttle drink heard 'round the world was unfortunate. But this is beyond the pale of twisted logic and is borderline narcissist.

And yes, we have had similar situations in the past where candidates have announced their resignation well before their term expired. But they still did the business of the nation during that time. We've also had persons who campaigned while being absent from Senate duties. However, part of a Senator's clout is that they have lengthy terms and are likely to be around either as a friend or foe to others in the chamber for a length of time. Rubio is giving Florida the worst of all worlds; an absentee Senator who has given up any leverage he may have had.

-----------

He said he wasn't running months ago, when he got into the presidential race, were you been?:dunno:

Rubio is a narcissistic pig who got into the senate just to push amnesty and run for president. I would vote for hillary's excrement before i voted for the pig rubio.

Mostly, no one has every heard of Senator Rubio, and now mostly no else ever will. Compare and Contrast. Trump is likely winning because people have heard of him--and his little base of bigots can hear him. Mostly everyone else is not winning since there is nothing to hear, from anyone that no one has heard of.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Reagan Revolution left millions behind. Bush I lost. Obama-Biden left more millions behind, after creating sudden stimulus, likely in record time. Clintons win again(?)! Bush III now set to pouting. Hmmmmm!)

If Rubio decides in the future he wants the job again, he will become Senator again.

However, I really want him as governor!

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket

Rubio is jeopardizing his future relevance unless he wants to be one of those clowns who run for President every four years

Oh cool, another bigoted "I hate Hispanics" thread.
No no. Rubio actually tried to propose a solution that would both allow a from of amnesty AND make the border much less open, and got his face slapped for it. And, at one time he supported a middle class tax cut.

The problem is why should anyone vote for him for potus, when he's so frustrated with governing from the senate and the lack of ability to find a consensus, why should anyone vote for him for potus. And, he's running apparently for same reason Obama did. He wants to be top dog after one year. How'd that work out for us? LOL

Rubio is a narcissistic pig who got into the senate just to push amnesty and run for president. I would vote for hillary's excrement before i voted for the pig rubio.

You're full of crap....Rubio narcissistic? not hardly...Anyone who'd rather vote for Hillary Clinton, a traitor, who sold out the country for personal gain, is not too bright and probably shouldn't be voting period:slap: .

It's been known for quite some time that Rubio isn't running for reelection. That's why there are other Republicans already in the race.

-----------

Just another Rino, poach more Rinos

-----------

You sound butt hurt??
To hell with moderates, no need for them.

-----------

You sound butt hurt??
To hell with moderates, no need for them.
We need more moderates.

There is nothing wrong with not running for the Senate. I can't believe the things some people will complain about. He's right. The Senate gets nothing done. Who would want to be in there?

Shorter Rubio:

"Being senator is too haaaaaaaaard, so I'm abandoning my senatorial responsibilities for the next year, therefore voters should promote me to president. Because being president is much easier, and I could handle that."

So, what would happen when Rubio found that presidentin' is difficult? Would he get all pouty again and refuse to do the job of president?

If he doesn't want to do his job of senator for the next year, he should step down now. Every other senator candidate managed to both be a senator and campaign.

I'm sensing some deflection from the Republicans. Did any Democratic senators running for president state that being senator was too hard, and then abandon their senate responsibilities? No. Hence, none of the Democrats are like Rubio. In terms of being a lazy whiner, he's in a class by himself.

Forum List

Back