A-Hole Rubio will not run for re-election to Senate.

Today, Marco Rubio said that he will not run for re-election to the US Senate:

"Marco Rubio is a U.S. senator. And he just can’t stand it anymore.

“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”

This year, as Rubio runs for president, he has cast the Senate — the very place that cemented him as a national politician — as a place he’s given up on, after less than one term. It’s too slow. Too rule-bound. So Rubio, 44, has decided not to run for his seat again. It’s the White House or bust."

Rubio gives up on Senate: ‘He hates it’

This makes the 3rd Republican (prominent Republican--Rick Perry doesn't qualify) to quit an election.

-----------

The unspoken other shoe to drop is this: Do the people of Florida deserve to have a Senator who will be present in the Senate while Rubio campaigns for President? Obviously, he's not attending to the State's business in the Senate at the same time; has said he isn't coming back, and will no longer be a factor in business going forward when his term expires next year.

Basically, Mr. Rubio embodies all that is wrong with Washington. The ego on this man must be galactic to think that he can state that he isn't interested in being their Senator, will not give up the seat he no longer wants, and, at the same time, feels that he is adequate enough to lead the nation. I never had much strong emotions about Mr. Rubio outside of his sophomoric actions such as quoting Jay-Z on the Senate Floor during one of the grandstanding filibusters. The rebuttle drink heard 'round the world was unfortunate. But this is beyond the pale of twisted logic and is borderline narcissist.

And yes, we have had similar situations in the past where candidates have announced their resignation well before their term expired. But they still did the business of the nation during that time. We've also had persons who campaigned while being absent from Senate duties. However, part of a Senator's clout is that they have lengthy terms and are likely to be around either as a friend or foe to others in the chamber for a length of time. Rubio is giving Florida the worst of all worlds; an absentee Senator who has given up any leverage he may have had.
You sound butt hurt??
To hell with moderates, no need for them.
We need more moderates.

Self-evident truths are the best; are they not? Those who shun moderation in favor of partisanship, I guess, like a government that is totally ineffective and stagnant. If everything were fine in the nation, that would be fine. But it obviously is not....makes you wonder what the clinical name for their type of brain damage actually is.

“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”

This year, as Rubio runs for president, he has cast the Senate — the very place that cemented him as a national politician — as a place he’s given up on, after less than one term. It’s too slow. Too rule-bound. So Rubio, 44, has decided not to run for his seat again. It’s the White House or bust."

This makes the 3rd Republican (prominent Republican--Rick Perry doesn't qualify) to quit an election.

-----------

The unspoken other shoe to drop is this: Do the people of Florida deserve to have a Senator who will be present in the Senate while Rubio campaigns for President? Obviously, he's not attending to the State's business in the Senate at the same time; has said he isn't coming back, and will no longer be a factor in business going forward when his term expires next year.

Basically, Mr. Rubio embodies all that is wrong with Washington. The ego on this man must be galactic to think that he can state that he isn't interested in being their Senator, will not give up the seat he no longer wants, and, at the same time, feels that he is adequate enough to lead the nation. I never had much strong emotions about Mr. Rubio outside of his sophomoric actions such as quoting Jay-Z on the Senate Floor during one of the grandstanding filibusters. The rebuttle drink heard 'round the world was unfortunate. But this is beyond the pale of twisted logic and is borderline narcissist.

And yes, we have had similar situations in the past where candidates have announced their resignation well before their term expired. But they still did the business of the nation during that time. We've also had persons who campaigned while being absent from Senate duties. However, part of a Senator's clout is that they have lengthy terms and are likely to be around either as a friend or foe to others in the chamber for a length of time. Rubio is giving Florida the worst of all worlds; an absentee Senator who has given up any leverage he may have had.
You sound butt hurt??
To hell with moderates, no need for them.
We need more moderates.
Poach more moderates, they always spend money we don't have.
Anyway, spineless never looks good on anyone...

Shorter Rubio:

"Being senator is too haaaaaaaaard, so I'm abandoning my senatorial responsibilities for the next year, therefore voters should promote me to president. Because being president is much easier, and I could handle that."

So, what would happen when Rubio found that presidentin' is difficult? Would he get all pouty again and refuse to do the job of president?

If he doesn't want to do his job of senator for the next year, he should step down now. Every other senator candidate managed to both be a senator and campaign.

I'm sensing some deflection from the Republicans. Did any Democratic senators running for president state that being senator was too hard, and then abandon their senate responsibilities? No. Hence, none of the Democrats are like Rubio. In terms of being a lazy whiner, he's in a class by himself.
Democrats spent their time voting "present".

Rubio is a narcissistic pig who got into the senate just to push amnesty and run for president. I would vote for hillary's excrement before i voted for the pig rubio.
Aren't you the one that sucks Trumps ass? I'm having a hard time taking you seriously on this. LOL

Getting along is waaaay over rated...

Yeah, especially when you need majorities or super majorities to get anything done.
Again, what is the scientific name for your strain of brain damage?
Passing any laws/bills should be exceedingly difficult, more laws/bills = less freedom.
Spending/taxing/printing is doing nothing..

Mostly, no one has every heard of Senator Rubio, and now mostly no else ever will. Compare and Contrast. Trump is likely winning because people have heard of him--and his little base of bigots can hear him. Mostly everyone else is not winning since there is nothing to hear, from anyone that no one has heard of.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Reagan Revolution left millions behind. Bush I lost. Obama-Biden left more millions behind, after creating sudden stimulus, likely in record time. Clintons win again(?)! Bush III now set to pouting. Hmmmmm!)
The more Trump open his mouth the more he turns people off. It was funny at first. Now it's gotten old and he needs to STFU.

Did Obama run for reelection to the Senate when he ran for President or was it White House or nothing? I'm sensing some hypocrisy in the force.

I addressed it in the OP.
Actually you didn't you simply said others had done it and the fact is if Rubio were a Democrat doing this you would not have started a thread calling him an asshole or had any issue with it at all.

Yeah, what kind of asshole says he's running for President then doesn't bother to show up in the Senate to do the business of the nation?

Oh, that's right ...

Democrats!

Marco Rubio's absences from the U.S. Senate floor during his presidential campaign have earned him the nickname 'no show Rubio,' but Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama both had far higher rates of legislative truancy while they ran for the White House in 2007 and 2008.

A DailyMail.com analysis of Senate roll call records found that Rubio has missed 44.6 per cent of his votes since April, the month when he launched his Oval Office bid. That includes a 53.8 per cent absence rate in the third quarter of 2015, from July to September.

In the same quarter of 2007, as he frequently left Washington, D.C. for the Democratic primary's early voting states, Obama missed 56.3 of his votes.

The final quarter of 2007, leading up to the Iowa Caucuses and New Hampshire Primary, saw the future president post even more dismal numbers – missing 89.4 per cent of his opportunities to shout 'aye' or 'nay.'

Clinton, in hot pursuit of Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination, missed 83.5 per cent that quarter.

2DD024BE00000578-3290381-image-a-52_1445890428131.jpg

Throughout the months he was running for president in 2008, Obama skipped 64.3 per cent of his votes as an Illinois U.S. Senator.

Cliton's record was worse still in 2008 – a 68.4 per cent absence rate – through her withdrawal from the race on June 8 of that year.​

As Rubio defends Senate voting absences, Sen. Obama's record was worse

But God forbid if we apply the same standard to Obama and Hillary as we do to Republicans!

At least Rubio has the decency to not fall back on the government gravy train if he loses. I respect that in a person.

Most political hacks don't do that. So he shouldn't be criticized for standing by his convictions.

Yeah, what kind of asshole says he's running for President then doesn't bother to show up in the Senate to do the business of the nation?

Oh, that's right ...

Democrats!

But God forbid if we apply the same standard to Obama and Hillary as we do to Republicans!

This is what I mean when I say I don't mind the partisanship; I do mind the dishonesty.

Of course you ignore that Rubio has announced he is quitting and thusly has shown he has no interest in finishing the job. He should let the governor replace him now so the GOP can keep the seat, and the presumptive nominee will have some votes under her/his belt.

Was that the case with Obama and Hillary? No.

A clear difference.

-----------

And yes, we have had similar situations in the past where candidates have announced their resignation well before their term expired. But they still did the business of the nation during that time. We've also had persons who campaigned while being absent from Senate duties. However, part of a Senator's clout is that they have lengthy terms and are likely to be around eithe=ir as a friend or foe to others in the chamber for a length of time. Rubio is giving Florida the worst of all worlds; an absentee Senator who has given up any leverage he may have had.

Rubio is Hispanic and anything you say against him is racist. After all, any time anyone criticized Obama the race card was immediately played. Turn about is fair play.

Maybe Rubio just wanted out of the crony cesspool that is the United States senate. If he doesn't become president, he can make some honest money in the private sector. :thup:

The Washington compost is a bit slow on the uptake, Rubio said he wasn't running for Senate when he announced for president, this is really old news in the political world.

Oh, that's right ...

Democrats!

This is what I mean when I say I don't mind the partisanship; I do mind the dishonesty.

Of course you ignore that Rubio has announced he is quitting and thusly has shown he has no interest in finishing the job. He should let the governor replace him now so the GOP can keep the seat, and the presumptive nominee will have some votes under her/his belt.

Was that the case with Obama and Hillary? No.

A clear difference.

Obama and Clinton weren't interested in finishing the job. They were interested in running for President. If they were interested in "finishing the job," they would be interested in "doing" the job, and not missing 80%+ of the votes during a time.

It's more self-serving and dishonest to remain in your position and run for President than to resign and run for President. That's what's clear. Most politicians do that. I admire Rubio for not doing that. If he fails, he doesn't have the safety net of the career politicians living off the taxpayer.

Forum List

Back