A good use for prison inmates

What was determined in Birmingham, was that the inmates were basically slaves, for the profits of the mining company. Good luck changing that law.

What's wrong with them being slaves? It's not like they're not getting anything for their labor. A place to sleep. Roof over their heads. Food, medical. That stuff costs money. Money that us law abiding citizens have to dish out for.

It's not like they're all mental patients who can't control their actions.

Emancipation proclamation.

Blacks were convicted criminals. They were just part of a time when slavery for the innocent was accepted. We're not talking about the innocent. We're talking about people who aren't fit for society, earning their keep, taking the burden off the tax payer and doing something good for the world they're not fit to be in.

Blacks were convicted criminals. They were just part of a time when slavery for the innocent was accepted. We're not talking about the innocent. We're talking about people who aren't fit for society, earning their keep, taking the burden off the tax payer and doing something good for the world they're not fit to be in.
You come off like a concerned economics professor, but I have other conservative friends. Y'all like to take those beneath you, and shove them down farther. It's almost a sport.

You probably think that it raises you up in society. You are mistaken.

This is true.

It is also true that Southern DEMOCRATs routinely imprisoned Blacks so they could work on Boss dimocrap's farm.

Maybe we could get the prison system to offer "Good Time" (or whatever its called) that would apply as time-served. And maybe earn a few bucks for the Prison commissary or save it for when they get out.
Good Idea...

I'm a fairly big supporter of recycling and cleaning up environments that people pollute. All areas are important. But I have a curiosity about the oceans and waters ways. Especially the pacific garbage patch. I realize there's more important places that need to be cleaned up. The technology they using for cleaning up waterways is getting better. But the main fall back of recyling is the human labor that goes into it. It's simply not profitable for a company to take on the task.

So I'm thinking why not let the prison population take on the task. There's a ton of prisons all across the USA. With cheap or almost zero labor costs, this might make recycling profitable. Most prisoners don't do much more than just sit around and trade snack cakes and fight over what's on TV.
Put them to work for something that'll actually help with something good.
All of our furniture in the military was made by convicts.

We have a government. And laws can change. These laws that keep inmates form earning their keep and saving the tax payers money can be changed. And they should be. All these people do is trade food & drugs, screw each other and fight.
How about stationary bicycles driving generators for their electricity and heat/ac 24/7.

They could use trustees and minimize the exposure to Guards.
Inmates guarding inmates. What’s the worst that could happen?
We're talking 'garbage' here. Garbage. How bad can they screw that up?
Well the other dude was dreaming that some recycling company was going to pay for this stuff... So if they screw it up the recycling company isn’t going to pay.
One of the many problems with dims is, they see everything as a Zero Sum Game. Capitalism is when BOTH parties benefit.
Please tell us how the inmates benefit.
We, The People could get an onerous job done on the cheap while trustworthy Inmates who want to do better in life have an opportunity to get that chance.
The only person you trust in the world is the blob. Once he’s convicted...I say put him in the garbage pile and let him and Jr. have at it.
There is always the possibility of abuse. Always.

Just keep dimocraps away from it and it should be minimal abuse.
So says the guy whose patron saint has been found to have committed fraud.

lmao.. "indentured servants?" Oh yeah, you mean criminals who weren't fit for society, who created victims and broke laws.....
Yes I do. The punishment is being sent to prison. What you want to do is up the ante by monetizing them.
Hardly indentured servants.
No that is the precise definition of indentured servant.
Yes. collecting and delivering the plastics consumes labor. So does sorting and washing it. So we're reducing the expense of one part of the process. And giving the convicts a chance to earn their keep.
Earn their keep. You don’t seem to understand the criminal justice system.

So if they just refuse to work...what then?
Then we won't use the more violent criminals.
Oh brother... Keeps getting better and better. Who do you think the violent criminals feed on inside the prison?
I'm getting the picture that you're like those who put more effort into figuring out ways to NOT do something, than figuring out how to get things done. Reasoning isn't your strong suit.
Yet you’re the one who thinks that inmates have no rights. You said so yourself.

You lose privileges when you’re convicted. And yes, you lose some rights. But you don’t lose all of your rights with that conviction.

Forum List

Back