A Few Words About The Medical Industry

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Now that Hillarycare II is on the verge of being repealed, OR FIXED, I am reminded that the ACA was the result of decades of propaganda by the medical industry. Basically, selling doctors and compassionate hospital care laid the groundwork for selling socialized medicine.

Long before television gave us City Hospital (1951–1953) The Doctor (1952 TV series) (1952–1953) Medic (1954–1956) and doctors Ben Casey, Marcus Wellby, etc., Hollywood movies gave us Dr. Kildare and the wise old Dr. Gillespie played by Lionel Barrymore who was confined to a wheelchair. When I got older I thought the wheelchair had something to do with wise old FDR’s polio.

Incidentally, I never watched a single minute of any medical show. I do not remember most of the doctor shows even if they were hit shows, but I do remember the theme music from the Medic.

In the early days nobody ever got throat cancer because networks raked in millions of ad dollars from cigarette companies. Indeed, fictional characters smoked in fictional hospitals. I cannot say if patients got lung cancer on doctor shows after tobacco advertising was barred. And please do not blame the cigarette companies —— blame television.

Finally, tobacco advertising was barred on television, but not in print (the First Amendment). and alcohol ads were permitted. Not a bad trade if you take a nip now and then.

I cannot determine if Republicans will repeal the ACA, or just parts of it.

Rush Limbaugh’s Caution

It looks like they intend to fix parts of the ACA on the backs of Medicare recipients:

The selection of Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) to become Health and Human Services secretary is testing President-elect Donald Trump’s vow not to cut Medicare.

XXXXX

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican, and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Trump told the Daily Signal last year.​

Trump’s vow on Medicare in doubt after HHS choice
By Peter Sullivan - 12/01/16 06:00 AM EST

Trump’s vow on Medicare in doubt after HHS choice

Medicare would not be in trouble if the money was not paying for everybody else.

REPORT: The Obama Administration is RAIDING MEDICARE ACCOUNTS To Feed Illegal Youths
Aleister Nov 30th, 2016 9:39 am

REPORT: The Obama Administration is RAIDING MEDICARE ACCOUNTS To Feed Illegal Youths

Remember this one:

Obamacare 'robbed' Medicare of $700B, says Huckabee
By Linda Qiu on Friday, August 7th, 2015 at 12:27 a.m.

Obamacare 'robbed' Medicare of $700B, says Huckabee

Bottom line: Creative bookkeeping says Medicare recipients will not suffer; nevertheless, there is no way elderly Americans cannot be harmed when the fund loses that much money. Incidentally, (The $700 billion figure is also old, from a 2012 report by the Congressional Budget Office. It’s now updated to about $800 billion.)

Rep. Tom Price’s plans for Medicare cannot disappoint me because I never trusted Donald Trump.

Just to be clear on this. Had Trump not staked a claim on sovereignty, I would not go near him if I was wearing a Hazmat suit:

A Spotlight Shines Through

Question: Has anybody noticed that television supposedly hated Donald Trump, but now they love his nominations for high office? Answer: What is there for the media not to love about Tom Price!

Finally, Trump can bullshit the troops about every issue if it makes him happy, but making America great again will not happen until he admits that it is a war being fought by freedom-loving Americans against the federal government.

Let me cut to the chase. All of the king’s horses and all of the king’s men cannot make America great again until the XVI Amendment is repealed and the New World Order crowd; i.e. the United Nations, is consigned to history’s trash heap. The longer it takes to do it the more the certainty that parasites will destroy this country just as parasites did to every civilization, empire, nation, and culture throughout history.

Forum List

Back