A few photos from my yesterday

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Recently (I got it friday) I purchased a new camera. I've had a few successes with my old camera - but this new machine is a beast. I'm actually feeling too timid to post pics taken w/ the new camera. One thing I've found is that it's harder to get GOOD pics with the New camera (Canon 20D) as it was w/ the older camera, a Canon S2 IS - maybe something about having to be more mindfull that not every lense I own has Image Stability? maybe that's it? As I practice I'm sure I'll figure things out. Anywho - I took about 140 pics yesterday. I feel half-dozen turned out good. Here's 3 from the 'good' list:

This is my wife, Mary. On this shot, I downloaded the RAW into PS-CS, and used the default settings; looks over-exposed but I REALLY like the 'glow' it casts on her skin. I also like her eyes - very 'deep' looking. I don't have the exif data available. :(

is.php

Just testing DOF and junk - this was shot w/ the 70-300, at full zoom. Rahter LARGE pic:

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/imagebackup/is.php?i=3304&img=burgers.jpg

Again w/ the IS lens:

My son, Ethan.

is.php

Good pictures. The one of the burgers has a really interesting feel to it. Usually, grillout pics have a sort of festive feel, but this has a very still, almost abandoned feel to it. As if you were having so much fun in the sun that the poor burgers got left by the wayside.

I think your comments about the pic of your wife were about right. The slight overexposure does give a soft glow to her skin, makes the whole image softer, really. Oh, and nice rock BTW. :)

Great action shot of your son. I can NEVER get a good action shot; they ALWAYS blur :( I like the expression on his little face, too. He's just having fun. :)

mom4 said:
Good pictures. The one of the burgers has a really interesting feel to it. Usually, grillout pics have a sort of festive feel, but this has a very still, almost abandoned feel to it. As if you were having so much fun in the sun that the poor burgers got left by the wayside.

I think your comments about the pic of your wife were about right. The slight overexposure does give a soft glow to her skin, makes the whole image softer, really. Oh, and nice rock BTW. :)

Great action shot of your son. I can NEVER get a good action shot; they ALWAYS blur :( I like the expression on his little face, too. He's just having fun. :)

Thanks for your insights, mom4. :)

She bought that rock, actually - when she traded-up her wedding set for that'n. She used her - no lie - PAPER ROUTE money for that ring.

To 'not-blur' use a faster shutter speed. :)

dmp said:
Thanks for your insights, mom4. :)

She bought that rock, actually - when she traded-up her wedding set for that'n. She used her - no lie - PAPER ROUTE money for that ring.

To 'not-blur' use a faster shutter speed. :)
Don't know how to adjust it. Or even if I CAN. But thanks.

Forum List

Back