Fort Lewis Cemetery

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Today I got word about a death.

Mr. Lane was probably in his early 70s by all accounts. Always dressed as if he'd meet the President, this man greeted all he passed in the hallways.

"Good morning!"

"How are you?"

The usual banter until he made eye contact and you knew he really MEANT "How ARE you?" or "(have a) Good Day!"

He passed yesterday. I'm not sure why it bothered me to such a degree; I doubt he and I had been formally introduced. Mr. Lane had such a strength of character as to leave quite an impression upon those who had the ability to sense it.

With that in mind I went for a drive during my lunch-half-hour. I found a place of peace to be alone for a bit.

is.php

is.php

is.php

Playing with the spot of focus:
is.php

I nearly threw that pic away; but I am starting to like the feeling I get. It's as if I'm 'moving' down into that pic...sorta.

is.php

is.php

is.php

Saw this on my way home from work today:

is.php

I like the way you moved the focal point back in the row of gravestones & black fence. You coulda tried that with the row of flags & gravestones, too. It makes you feel as if you are moving through or within the picture, instead of viewing it from without.

The mountain shot... very jealous.

Thank you Josie - your insights are most-welcome and appreciated.

I thought this shot was going to be a throw-away; but after just a FEW PS-minutes...pretty neat eh?

is.php

LOL! What better way to honor lost loved ones than an RX-8 in the cemetery? :D

The car looks very sleek & sharp in the shot. Pretty cool. :thup:

Those evergreens... Wish I could see more of them. They look very tall & grand. Solemn withing that setting. Probably could have gotten a really good "mood" shot out of them somehow.

mom4 said:
Those evergreens... Wish I could see more of them. They look very tall & grand. Solemn withing that setting. Probably could have gotten a really good "mood" shot out of them somehow.

Yeah not so much, no...The space is nice - but I simply lacked the camera hardware to capture their imposing strength and resolve and junk.

:)

Awesome photos dmp. It's rare that professional photographers take the time and effort to take such awesome shots.

Oh, wait, I have no idea what you do... are you a professional photographer? Even is so, they're great shots.

jasendorf said:
Awesome photos dmp. It's rare that professional photographers take the time and effort to take such awesome shots.

Oh, wait, I have no idea what you do... are you a professional photographer? Even is so, they're great shots.

Thanks -

I'm a Dept. Army Civilian. I plan stuff and manage plans.

:)

Ooops... that should have read, "it's rare that amateur photographers..." sorry if that was confusing.

Forum List

Back