A few implications of VA's election results

The wins in Virginia mean nothing. Hillary won that state, this isn't a change from the lest election no matter how badly the left wants it to be.

There is a huge change. Republicans held the House of Delegates with a supermajority of 66-34. Worse case scenario for Democrats is they wind up with 49 seats. That is a huge change. If Democrats stick together and can pry 1 Republican away, they could pass things they have never been able to pass.

Virginia will be sorry when they see the rest of the nation besides California Illinois, NY kick ass and take advantage of the new Trump economy...Reap what you sow...Too bad for you......suckers!!!!
You mean Obama's economy

Obama-with-Cowboy-Hat-678x381.jpg
Do you serve food for $9.00/Hour?

However from what little I read, Northam did run a "boring" issues campaign that seemed a little left of center but mainly about good governance.
Governors only get a single term in VA so Northam is already a lame duck. It's no surprise the most VA voters don't follow state elections too closely. It was Trump that energized my family to vote, even my daughter who was not very political in past years.

What you forget is that Trump won because of moderates who put their reservations aside because they hated Clinton more. If these moderates abandon Trump and the Republicans, it will be all over.

Virginia will be sorry when they see the rest of the nation besides California Illinois, NY kick ass and take advantage of the new Trump economy...Reap what you sow...Too bad for you......suckers!!!!

:lol:

Whatever you've got to tell yourself.

Virginia was a clear referendum on the Comrade.The treasonous GOP should be very afraid for 2018. If the Dems t as take back the House, the investigationw they will launch against the Orange Clown will make the Hillary witch hunts look like a garden party.

The message from Dems to)the GOP,

EMBRACE TRUMP, PLEASE EMBRACE TRUMP!
PLEASE TRY TO IMPEACH TRUMP!

Why? What are you going to do about it, if the Republicams impeach?
Burn down the remains of this country while you idiots are still in it, and kill anyone who tries to escape.

However from what little I read, Northam did run a "boring" issues campaign that seemed a little left of center but mainly about good governance.
Governors only get a single term in VA so Northam is already a lame duck. It's no surprise the most VA voters don't follow state elections too closely. It was Trump that energized my family to vote, even my daughter who was not very political in past years.

What you forget is that Trump won because of moderates who put their reservations aside because they hated Clinton more. If these moderates abandon Trump and the Republicans, it will be all over.
No moderate has voted Democrat since the 80s, idiot.

Virginia was a clear referendum on the Comrade.The treasonous GOP should be very afraid for 2018. If the Dems t as take back the House, the investigationw they will launch against the Orange Clown will make the Hillary witch hunts look like a garden party.

Burn down the remains of this country while you idiots are still in it, and kill anyone who tries to escape.

Haha, sure you will, sissy. Hmm, no, you'll continue to sit there in your underwear with your cheetoh stains and Mountain Dew and scream every word as you type it. Forever.

You're typing to one, IDIOT!

The Comrade won cause Russian Bot farms flooded social media with damaging fake news about Hillary.

The Comrade won cause Russian Bot farms flooded social media with damaging fake news about Hillary.

Hmmm...and what was some of that fake news?

Haha, sure you will, sissy. Hmm, no, you'll continue to sit there in your underwear with your cheetoh stains and Mountain Dew and scream every word as you type it. Forever.
You seem to be ignorant about the fact that all of you cucks are turning into transsexual freaks because being a man isn’t in the realm of possibility for you dumbasses anymore. Democrats own the “sissy” designation, and now you retards wear it as a badge of honor.

People like myself are worth thousands of you degenerate circus acts, and the rage that I am bottling up right now will overwhelm millions of you.

You're typing to one, IDIOT!
You are more radical than the average Democrat is, dipshit.

You seem to be ignorant about the fact that all of you cucks are turning into transsexual freaks because being a man isn’t in the realm of possibility for you dumbasses anymore. Democrats own the “sissy” designation, and now you retards wear it as a badge of honor.

People like myself are worth thousands of you degenerate circus acts, and the rage that I am bottling up right now will overwhelm millions of you.

Haha...little sissy thinks awfully highly of myself. Hey dummy...after you kill me, are you going to hang out in my living room and drink my beer?

Just kidding. You just stay right where you are and continue to spray spit on your monitor during your little inernet hissies. You know, for your own safety.

In a different thread I wrote the following.

I don't live in VA, so I have little vested interest in their gubernatorial race. Moreover, I don't much care whether Democrats or Republicans hold sway. What I care about is that inveterate cads like Trump don't become POTUS. For me, the presidency and who holds it is all about character.

It's unfortunate that we were in 2016 called by the two major parties to choose between two individuals of varying degrees of dubious character. I know some people here will assert that Trump is of better character than Clinton, but I see no basis for that finding.
The sentiments I expressed remain mine; however, upon learning...
  • that Northam won the gubernatorial race,
  • that control of the VA House of Delegates is not only a plausible, but also has a decent change of happening,
  • that Danica Roem defeated 25-year incumbent and staunchy conservative Bob Marshall in the VA 13th District, a region that is not part of the D.C. suburbs (Some might call it part of the D.C. or Richmond exurbs, but doing so has more to do with geographical convenience than with cultural and political mindsets.), and
  • that voter turnout is up by some 700K people...
I cannot help but surmise that:
  • Trump's ability to inspire people to vote works both ways, as it were. That would seem to bode quite well for Democrats' prospects in 2018.
  • Providing lots of policy detail and specifics apparently isn't something voters demand of prospective elective office holders. I can't be entirely sure of that, however, because the Virginians whom I know well and with whom I discuss politics are like me in that they demand details about what a candidate aims to do and how they plan to achieve them. Be that as it may, if my supposition about the electorate's expectations of candidates is so, I suspect their having such a low bar will not bode well for anything or anyone, except perhaps for incompetents and "know nothings" who run for elective office.
This off-year election was probably shades of what is to come in 2018.

Nancy Pelosi can get her gavel ready.

In a different thread I wrote the following.

I don't live in VA, so I have little vested interest in their gubernatorial race. Moreover, I don't much care whether Democrats or Republicans hold sway. What I care about is that inveterate cads like Trump don't become POTUS. For me, the presidency and who holds it is all about character.

It's unfortunate that we were in 2016 called by the two major parties to choose between two individuals of varying degrees of dubious character. I know some people here will assert that Trump is of better character than Clinton, but I see no basis for that finding.
The sentiments I expressed remain mine; however, upon learning...
  • that Northam won the gubernatorial race,
  • that control of the VA House of Delegates is not only a plausible, but also has a decent change of happening,
  • that Danica Roem defeated 25-year incumbent and staunchy conservative Bob Marshall in the VA 13th District, a region that is not part of the D.C. suburbs (Some might call it part of the D.C. or Richmond exurbs, but doing so has more to do with geographical convenience than with cultural and political mindsets.), and
  • that voter turnout is up by some 700K people...
I cannot help but surmise that:
  • Trump's ability to inspire people to vote works both ways, as it were. That would seem to bode quite well for Democrats' prospects in 2018.
  • Providing lots of policy detail and specifics apparently isn't something voters demand of prospective elective office holders. I can't be entirely sure of that, however, because the Virginians whom I know well and with whom I discuss politics are like me in that they demand details about what a candidate aims to do and how they plan to achieve them. Be that as it may, if my supposition about the electorate's expectations of candidates is so, I suspect their having such a low bar will not bode well for anything or anyone, except perhaps for incompetents and "know nothings" who run for elective office.
This off-year election was probably shades of what is to come in 2018.

Nancy sure is hoping that's the case.

Haha...little sissy thinks awfully highly of myself. Hey dummy...after you kill me, are you going to hang out in my living room and drink my beer?

Just kidding. You just stay right where you are and continue to spray spit on your monitor during your little inernet hissies. You know, for your own safety.
I don’t drink, just like I don’t do drugs.

That alone makes me better than just about 90% of the population who were too weak to resist peer pressure.

That alone makes me better than just about 90% of the population who were too weak to resist peer pressure.

Oh, I am sure you have a loooooong list of the things that make you better than other people. And all those people around you everyday, who think you are a ridiculous, ignorant, impotent, ineffectual little person to be ignored? They just don't understand.

Oh, I am sure you have a loooooong list of the things that make you better than other people. And all those people around you everyday, who think you are a ridiculous, ignorant, impotent, ineffectual little person to be ignored? They just don't understand.
For starters, they don’t think I am a “little” person at all, so.....

Of course they all think you are awesome, just ask you.

Of course they all think you are awesome, just ask you.
They actually do think I am “awesome” quite literally, but that is mostly due to superficial reasons involving my job and such.

Forum List

Back