A fair and just GOD. He was certainly not an American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ajwps
AJ---why don't you just post everything you have to say in the Anti-American thread and save us all a lot of time. There is nothing about God in your post and you hate america.

You guys are really something. Obviously I was being sarcastic in response to such a stupid statement that the US is better than any other nation in the world, which is blatantly a moronic concept.

I don't hate America and did not find the need to put G-d into the mix.

As I also stated, the US has done much positive things to the benefit of mankind but so have many other nations contributed to the betterment of humanity.

It is ironic that neither of you can understand when you have been played and you bit hook, line and sinker. By your being suckered in, your egotism about your country having done nothing wrong or evil and just with everything in a good light is ignorance on its face.

I'm not sure who or what has influenced your opinions but I certainly am aware of Americas' shortcomings. (Be careful--you ALMOST said something positive about America--had to put the "but "in there didn't ya ?

Originally posted by dilloduck
I'm not sure who or what has influenced your opinions but I certainly am aware of Americas' shortcomings. (Be careful--you ALMOST said something positive about America--had to put the "but "in there didn't ya ?

For your edification, I love America and all it stands for.

You state you are aware of America's shortcomings but our friend seemed to find nothing but positives in this land of diversity in both thought and action.

Sometimes using obvious conflicting statements helps illustrate a posters flawed thought processes.

AJ---.

It is ironic that neither of you can understand when you have been played and you bit hook, line and sinker. By your being suckered in, your egotism about your country having done nothing wrong or evil and just with everything in a good light is ignorance on its face.

Try to stay with me on this, dude. It gets a little complicated. When you were having your delicious little inside joke, poking fun at deaddude's "patently ridiculous statement", deaddude was quoting ME. Be careful that your high-minded humor does't get too convoluted, or you'll wind up screwing yourself - with or without an invitation from Dick Cheney.

As to my "ridiculous statement", I stand by it, and I repeat: Can you name any nation in history that has been a stronger force for the good than the USA?

Do you wish Israel well? On behalf of every American who has paid his taxes since 1948, you're welcome!

For your edification, I love America and all it stands for.

You state you are aware of America's shortcomings but our friend seemed to find nothing but positives in this land of diversity in both thought and action.

Sometimes using obvious conflicting statements helps illustrate a posters flawed thought processes.

True---like your posts about name calling.

Seems to be a bit of name calling, let's watch it til Jeff comes around, ok?

Originally posted by musicman

Try to stay with me on this, dude. It gets a little complicated. When you were having your delicious little inside joke, poking fun at deaddude's "patently ridiculous statement", deaddude was quoting ME. Be careful that your high-minded humor does't get too convoluted, or you'll wind up screwing yourself - with or without an invitation from Dick Cheney.

As to my "ridiculous statement", I stand by it, and I repeat: Can you name any nation in history that has been a stronger force for the good than the USA?

Do you wish Israel well? On behalf of every American who has paid his taxes since 1948, you're welcome!

Don't take it literally unless you think it fits. Just be careful????

Yes I can. There was a country that brought our current system of law and justice, mercy toward others and morality into our lives to this very day. You guess....

And to an American who also pays the IRS every month, I appreciate that those taxes brought us scientists who created weapons that defeated the Japanese from killing tens of thousands of young men and millions of their own people, modificaitons of existing weapons systems that make America the remaining superpower and a man who gladly gave his wealth to the Continental Congress so that America could free itself from England and leave himself bankrupt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haym_Solomon

Chaim Solomon: He was an astute merchant and banker and succeeded in accumulating a huge fortune, which he subsequently devoted to the use of the American Government during the American Revolution. For example, he negotiated all the war aid from France and Holland, endorsing and selling bills to American merchants.

He was the paymaster-general of the French military forces in the early times of the United States. It is asserted that over $100,000 that he advanced, has never been repaid. He lent the young United Sates government about $600,000, and at his death about $400,000 of this amount had not been repaid. This was irrespective of what he had lent to statesman and others while performing public duties and trusts.

He was a brilliant financier and one of George Washington's personal friends. At one point he was sentenced to death by the British, but he bribed his jailer and escaped. During the American Revolution, Solomon went to France and raised an additional 3.5 million British pounds from the Sassoon and Rothschild banking houses and families. He spoke eight languages. When Solomon was in France he passed himself off as a French diplomat.

olomon supposedly wrote the first draft of the United States Constitution according to some historians. Some claim that he designed The Great Seal of the United States , which is why it has a Jewish Star above the eagle's head design, and it is also on the back of every American one dollar bill. He believed the United States would become a world power. At war's end, many in the Continental Congress were desperately poor and ironically Solomon too died completely bankrupt.

Why don't you also give thanks to this Jewish Amerian patriot for single handedly financing the American Revolution.

Don't take it literally unless you think it fits. Just be careful????

Yes I can. There was a country that brought our current system of law and justice, mercy toward others and morality into our lives to this very day. You guess....

And to an American who also pays the IRS every month, I appreciate that those taxes brought us scientists who created weapons that defeated the Japanese from killing tens of thousands of young men and millions of their own people, modificaitons of existing weapons systems that make America the remaining superpower and a man who gladly gave his wealth to the Continental Congress so that America could free itself from England and leave himself bankrupt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haym_Solomon

Why don't you also give thanks to this Jewish Amerian patriot for single handedly financing the American Revolution.

SINGLE HANDEDLY ??? get outta here

AJ:

This is your answer?

According to some historians, Chaim Solomon supposedly wrote the first draft of the U.S. Constitution, and singlehandedly financed the Revolution. Of course, according to others, that distinction goes to Al Gore.

I've got a simple question for you, AJ, and I'd like a straight answer - no deflections, no doubletalk. Yes or no.

Should Israel be grateful to the U.S. for it's very existence? I want to hear you say the words - one way or the other.

Originally posted by musicman

AJ: This is your answer?

According to some historians, Chaim Solomon supposedly wrote the first draft of the U.S. Constitution, and singlehandedly financed the Revolution. Of course, according to others, that distinction goes to Al Gore. I've got a simple question for you, AJ, and I'd like a straight answer - no deflections, no doubletalk. Yes or no. Should Israel be grateful to the U.S. for it's very existence? I want to hear you say the words - one way or the other.

You do like things simple and straightforward. Much like in a courtroom where yes and no answers do not derserve clarifications. Very prejudicial of course.

The simple answer is NO. Absolutely not.....

The US should be grateful to Israel for its very existence and Israel should be grateful to the US for its existence.

Example: In 1971 Israel went against the US wishes and destroyed Saddam's nuclear site that would inevitably been used to destroy America. And Richard Nixon sent American weapons in the Yom Kippur War when Israel did not have enough of their own weapons to fight the Arab nations. For some unknown reason Richard Nixon, a noted anti-semite sent Israel those arms against the advice of Kissinger, the German Jew.

Is that too complex for you. Come on, YES OR NO?

SINGLE HANDEDLY ??? get outta here

It's hard to imagine what the American militia would have done had they not been financed to obtain French weapons or the means to maintain the war Washington waged against the British armed forces.

Can you?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I think you are correct in saying that God is not an American - nor is he any other nationality. But I think it's perfectly fine to ask God to bless our nation, which I think he would be happy to do as long as we, as a nation, do the things that are pleasing to Him.

How do you know what is "pleasing" to a a being not directly available to human perception? You can't as you're just speculating about the unknowable...a fitting occupation for the otherwise unemployable.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
How do you know what is "pleasing" to a a being not directly available to human perception? You can't as you're just speculating about the unknowable...a fitting occupation for the otherwise unemployable.

We have written text on it, Mr. Misinformation.

You incorrectly assume that God is not directly available to human perception. He has made Himself known to people throughout the ages.

AJ:

Yeah, man - that's all I needed to know. You see, simplicity and clarity are the enemies of deceit. I'm sorry you find the plain, unvarnished truth "prejudicial", but I can't say I blame you. When you are forced to tell the plain truth, you expose yourself as a snarling, America- hating ingrate. I'd try to bury that in jargon and doubletalk, too.

Great link. That's telling me. What's next - " I know you are, but what am I"?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
You incorrectly assume that God is not directly available to human perception. He has made Himself known to people throughout the ages.

Uh yeah, through "signs and portents" that are nothing more than weather disturbances or the result of ergot poisoning.

Originally posted by NewGuy
We have written text on it, Mr. Misinformation.

The text may be written, but it is proof of nothing more than the preconceptions, prejudices, mis-conceptions and, from time to time, the unadulterated native wisdom of the writers.

The text may be written, but it is proof of nothing more than the preconceptions, prejudices, mis-conceptions and, from time to time, the unadulterated native wisdom of the writers.

I would like to see you disprove the prophetic and scientific elements then.

How does your infinite wisdom justify discarding prophecy?

How about the statements of the earth hanging in space on nothing?

How about the statement of earth being a sphere?

How about the references to atoms and molecules?

How about the statements of a handful of other things that were not proven scientifically until 2 hundred years ago or later?

Originally posted by NewGuy
I would like to see you disprove the prophetic and scientific elements then.

How does your infinite wisdom justify discarding prophecy?

How about the statements of the earth hanging in space on nothing?

How about the statement of earth being a sphere?

How about the references to atoms and molecules?

How about the statements of a handful of other things that were not proven scientifically until 2 hundred years ago or later?

Aliens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back