A fair and just GOD. He was certainly not an American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by musicman

AJ: Yeah, man - that's all I needed to know. You see, simplicity and clarity are the enemies of deceit. I'm sorry you find the plain, unvarnished truth "prejudicial", but I can't say I blame you. When you are forced to tell the plain truth, you expose yourself as a snarling, America- hating ingrate.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Your life would be very tedious if it were either, and also a complete impossibility!

I'd try to bury that in jargon and doubletalk, too. Great link. That's telling me. What's next - " I know you are, but what am I"?

You are a cunning fox but cannot be outsmarted by a skilled hunter

Originally posted by ajwps

You are a cunning fox but cannot be outsmarted by a skilled hunter

When you find that hunter let me know.

On the contrary, the pure, unadulterated truth is usually quite simple. That's the beauty of it.

You're not outsmarting anyone but yourself.

When you find that hunter let me know.

Said the walrus to the oyster.....

Still waiting for you to disprove the apple analogy.

On the contrary, the pure, unadulterated truth is usually quite simple. That's the beauty of it.

Gotchya....

Gotchya....

That's telling me.

I figured I might as well. You won't talk sense.

Why make sense with the senseless?

You have to speak clearly and simply and purely in a language that a six-year-old child can understand; and yet have the meanings and the overtones of language, and the implications, that appeal to the highest intelligence.

You have to speak clearly and simply and purely in a language that a six-year-old child can understand; and yet have the meanings and the overtones of language, and the implications, that appeal to the highest intelligence.

How's the weather in Dallas today?

Being painted into a corner, and forced to speak the simple truth of you heart, really pissed you off, didn't it?

Being painted into a corner, and forced to speak the simple truth of you heart, really pissed you off, didn't it?

Yes you must really be frustrated.

The words of truth are simple for those who are truthful.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Given our history of war, international meddling, disease and refusals to address suffering amongst ourselves much less throughout the world I think I can safely say that God is not an American. Further, I think that asking God to bless our policies/our nation/our very human interference is a sacrilege and hypocrisy that we as supposedly intelligent and enlightened people should strive to correct. But, that's just me thinking out loud.

Psychoblues

God is not American?

Was there someone arguing that God is American?

Everyone knows he's Dutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back