‘A dream ticket?: Black lawmakers pitch Biden-Harris to beat Trump

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Congressional Black Caucus may have found an answer to its Joe Biden dilemma: Vice President Kamala Harris.

Some black lawmakers are agonizing over whether to back Biden or two members of the close-knit caucus — Sens. Harris and Cory Booker — who are also vying for the White House, according to interviews with a dozen CBC members.

But with the former vice president jumping out to a huge, if early, lead in the polls, several CBC members are warming to the idea of a Biden-Harris ticket to take on President Donald Trump.

“That would be a dream ticket for me, a dream ticket!” said Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.). “If she is not the nominee, that would be a dream ticket for this country.”

Harris is everything the 76-year-old Biden is not. The freshman senator from California is younger, a woman and a person of color. As Biden gets dinged for his bipartisan bromides, Harris is winning applause from progressives for her merciless cross-examination of Trump officials.

Democrats are also desperate to boost black turnout in 2020, blaming the drop-off from Barack Obama’s wins as one reason for Hillary Clinton’s defeat.

“Either combination there, I’d love,” said Rep. Anthony Brown (D-Md.). “I think he’s going to look to balance his ticket so that the ticket itself is more appealing. ... I think it would make sense and it wouldn’t surprise me if he picked a woman of color.”

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Let's see, their campaign slogan could be...

A bore and a whore.

Groping Joe and Willie’s Ho

Sleepy Joe and the Sleazy Ho.

Grope n dope, what a ticket....
7mbt.jpg

......she's the typical DUMBASS and racist ....she could not add 1 + 1 with the idiotic Smollet hoax ...she is like Foxx and ''reasons'' based on race--not common sense

You put a radical fire-eater like Kamala Harris on the ticket and you can kiss a huge chunk of the centrist Independent vote goodbye.

Plugs Biden's endorsement of Harris practically writes itself:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American woman who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking babe," Biden said. "I mean, that's Brown Sugar, man."

Biden: “I believe the fence is needed…[because] people are driving across that border with TONS, TONS, hear me, TONS of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin & it's all coming up through corrupt Mexico.” Thanks for the support Joe! BUILD THE WALL!

Make a strong ticket and pave the way for a Harris Presidency

You put a radical fire-eater like Kamala Harris on the ticket and you can kiss a huge chunk of the centrist Independent vote goodbye.

That is what Biden is for
Harris will rally the left to the polls

VP picks are highly overrated. No one votes for a specific candidate based on the VP that candidate picks.

Biden and Harris are like two military people on liberty. Get the antibiotics ready. That ain't the Dream ticket....that's the Ream ticket.

I hope so. This is the ideal dream ticket. It's also the best the democrats can come up with. Although, Buttplug and Booker make a much cuter couple.

Forum List

Back