A Direct stimulus check to consumers,would work better than Obama's Tax cuts.

There is a study which shows which options return the most bang per buck on stimulus ideas.

Ill go get it for you.

you mean the stuff from moody's you posted earlier.

THAT particular study stated that food stamps return $1.73 for every dollar spent on them.

So if that logic holds the government should give every man woman and child in the country 3000 dollars in food stamps and the GDP will rise by 1.73 billion dollars.

hmmm doesn't sound right does it?

You highly underestimate the American people.

We buy what is available.

Workers productivity has been rising for years now while pay has gone down. Walmart has come along and bribed and muscled its way into communities killing the mom and pops who baough locally to fill their shelves. Now it Walmart all over the place who buys from China. We dont get the jobs of making the products and lots of small time places are out of business.

We tried to warn you this would happen and you called us names.

tell me how me buying a Levis denim shirt at Walmart for 15 dollars is worse for me than buying that same shirt at mom and pop's store for 30 dollars.

There is a study which shows which options return the most bang per buck on stimulus ideas.

Ill go get it for you.

THAT particular study stated that food stamps return $1.73 for every dollar spent on them.

So if that logic holds the government should give every man woman and child in the country 3000 dollars in food stamps and the GDP will rise by 1.73 billion dollars.

Heres the deal, no one is suggesting we give only food stamps out.

But for a fact if you did give foods stamps out people would take them to the store and buy food. That would igve the food stores business and they would stock the shelves and hire the people they needed to snap up all the food stamps.

Moodys is a completetly trustable non partisan source , go research it your self.

Ill go get it for you.

But for a fact if you did give foods stamps out people would take them to the store and buy food. That would igve the food stores business and they would stock the shelves and hire the people they needed to snap up all the food stamps.

But according to your study that is the one thing that gives us the most "bang for the buck"

why waste money on anything that produces less of a "return"

And eventually you have no job because the Chinese people produce everything.

But you see, I work for myself and people can't go to China to get the services my business provides. So I am still better off paying $15 instead of $30 and putting my savings away for retirement.

I'll argue that the more I can save for retirement makes the entire country better off.

Last edited:

But according to your study that is the one thing that gives us the most "bang for the buck"

why waste money on anything that produces less of a "return"

Because the world is more complicated than that. People have more needs than just food. Spreading the things that DO WORK out over the economy will provide the broadest gain.

Infrastructure (which was also laughed away by republicans when the Bridge came down a few months back) is a great way to stimulate the economy because then you have the added benifit of a system that can support the commerse of the future ready to go after things return to an upswing.

But you see, I work for myself and people can't go to China to get the services my business provides. So I am still better off paying $15 instead of $30 and putting my savings away for retirement.

I'll argue that the more I can save for retirement makes the entire country better off.

Well we are not talking about just you are we?

We are talking about the policies to bring a nation back from the brink your partys policies pushed it to.

We are talking about the policies to bring a nation back from the brink your partys policies pushed it to.

I belong to no political party. I think for myself. I take care of myself. The fucking government confiscates enough of my money and I object to it taking more.

The best way to get the economy healthy again is for the government NOT to give taxpayer money to businesses that should fail.

Let the people keep more of their own money and reduce government to a small efficient entity limited in scope and power to what the Constitution dictates.

And that would be an utter disastor in this economic situation.

I care about my country NOT JUST YOU.

Food stamps are a good investment nationally speaking.

Banks are not.

The leaders of this country all assisted in the problems faced at the moment. On a whole a majority of the people did their share too by being obliviously greedy themselves.

Heck the majority listened to the leaders and stepped up to take there shot at greed too! In that everyone loss.

Who taught all these people to live off of unregulated credit?

I'd say a recession or even depression is needed when the leaders refuse a working man a decent living wage and allow corporates to steal the food out the mouths of their babes.

Banks are not.

The leaders of this country all assisted in the problems faced at the moment. On a whole a majority of the people did their share too by being obliviously greedy themselves.

Heck the majority listened to the leaders and stepped up to take there shot at greed too! In that everyone loss.

I'd say a recession or even depression is needed when the leaders refuse a working man a decent living wage and allow corporates to steal the food out the mouths of their babes.

How about regulations that keep them from doing it again?

Glass Steagal was put in place after the great depression and it worked to keep them form doing this shit for decades UNTIL GLB 1999 act repealed the laws and Boom the cycle started all over. The people get screwed and the mega wealthy get more mega wealthy.

Banks are not.

How about regulations that keep them from doing it again?

Glass Steagal was put in place after the great depression and it worked to keep them form doing this shit for decades UNTIL GLB 1999 act repealed the laws and Boom the cycle started all over. The people get screwed and the mega wealthy get more mega wealthy.
Sure regulations need to be put it place for them but many need to be stripped of their ill gotten booty too!

It is not that the evidence is not there to get that job done. It is who is willing to take them on when so many have already been bought and paid for by them?

I'd be in for a simple tar and feathering session after they are forced to return what they stole and the true victims are given fair and equitible reparations.

Lets tax the shit out of that income they got and get it back in the coffers where it belongs.

Ahh here it is.

Hey here's an idea why not have the government confiscate every single dollar belonging to American citizens and then give every person and equal cut?

that would solve every problem in the world right because we all know that we are in this mess because some people are rich and most people aren't.

But you know what would happen?

In less than a generation, the distribution of riches in this country would be exactly the same as it is now. people would still spend more than they make and then cry to the government to save them again.

What the government has done by bailing out businesses is it has made someone else responsible for the result of another's poor judgment. The consequences are gone.

Sure I'll run more credit than I can ever possibly pay back, sure my bank will buy securities based on over inflated prices fueled by the idiotic policies of the fed, it doesn't matter someone else will bail me out.

It's not going to work. We will be mired in an endless morass of government programs that will slow the absorption of the overvalued assets back into the market.

Instead of a short and yes painful adjustment we will have a long drawn out, bamboo under the fingernails, water dripping on the forehead torture session.

Forum List

Back