A Direct stimulus check to consumers,would work better than Obama's Tax cuts.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I believe I direct Stimulus check payment would stimulate the economy better than a drawn
out tax cut. People need a large infusion of cash now, not a trickle down increase in revenue, as is the case with Obama's current economic stimulus plan.

A check to every America of $5,000.00 dollars should do the trick to stimulate spending once again in America.Do the math, that adds up to just about $700.00 Billon doesn't it?

I believe I direct Stimulus check payment would stimulate the economy better than a drawn
out tax cut. People need a large infusion of cash now, not a trickle down increase in revenue, as is the case with Obama's current economic stimulus plan.

A check to every America of $5,000.00 dollars should do the trick to stimulate spending once again in America.Do the math, that adds up to just about $700.00 Billon doesn't it?

Doesn't it depend on what people do with it ?

I could use five grand. Heck if the government ain't giving any hand outs maybe someone out their is willing to anty up?

Too funny. I paid seven grand for my first home that set on 3 acres in the San Bernardino foothills. My, my how times have changed.

I could use five grand. Heck if the government ain't giving any hand outs maybe someone out their is willing to anty up?

Too funny. I paid seven grand for my first home that set on 3 acres in the San Bernardino foothills. My, my how times have changed.

How is spending 5 grand on shit made in China gonna help ?

300,000,000 people x $5,000 per person = $1,500,000,000,000

About $1.5 Trillion.

Hell we've already given that much to the BANKING class haven't we?

But I won't spend mine on shit made in China:(

But I won't spend mine on shit made in China:(

can you find something that's made in America and not made by a huge evil corporation?

There is a study which shows which options return the most bang per buck on stimulus ideas.

Ill go get it for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/assissing-the-impact-of-the-fiscal-stimulus.pdf

They studied what types of stimulus work to create more dollar bang per buck.

UI benifits return 1.64 per buck
Food stamps return 1.73 per buck
General state aid return 1.36 per busk
Infrastructure spending return 1.59 per buck

Permenent tas cuts?????

well they return 0.30 per buck

Last edited:
It would be a good idea to start using facts to make our decisions than using "I wish this were true" ideas to make desicions.

Bush proved that one pretty solidly.

It wont work if the majority of it goes into savings.

This is why stimulus aimed at the poorest works best , they have to put it right back into the economy to survive.

And why is that?

Because the mega corps like Walmart that we have been bitching about for years.

You guys helped do this to us.

And why is that?

Because the mega corps like Walmart that we have been bitching about for years.

You guys helped do this to us.
You guys who are you lumping together there?

The truth is the majority of people when they have a few extra bucks buy a lot of worthless crap before they spend the money on things of necessity.

Forum List

Back