A different question on Roy Moore

Assuming that Moore wins, the senate should:

• Attempt to eject Moore after he has been seated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Moore has been neutered by McConnell,

Moore's a 1 man show, and there is nothing he can do that the rest of the Republicans don't want....

He's not going to change the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage, he's not going to change the Supreme court ruling on plastering 10 commandment statues in the court house, and he's not going to change the rulings on transgenders using the bathroom of choice, and he's not going to get Roe v Wade reneged.... He's not even going to be able to wear his gun on his hip in the Senate.....

so who knows what the big fuss is even about from this alleged teen molester's supporters?
Why are posters saying the Dems won't vote for expulsion? Did I miss something?
:dunno:

The Repubs only need 16 of the Democrats to expel him....

I think it is not going to happen regardless, don't think McConnell will do it....

Moore's a 1 man show, and there is nothing he can do that the rest of the Republicans don't want....

He's not going to change the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage, he's not going to change the Supreme court ruling on plastering 10 commandment statues in the court house, and he's not going to change the rulings on transgenders using the bathroom of choice, and he's not going to get Roe v Wade reneged.... He's not even going to be able to wear his gun on his hip in the Senate.....

so who knows what the big fuss is even about from this alleged teen molester's supporters?

I think it is not going to happen regardless, don't think McConnell will do it....
I'll tell you what, whichever way the 2018 elections go, I hope to Christ we have a larger majority in the Senate -- either way is okay by me -- because this majority by a shoe string is causing way too many desperate and ill thought out decisions.

I'll tell you what, whichever way the 2018 elections go, I hope to Christ we have a larger majority in the Senate -- either way is okay by me -- because this majority by a shoe string is causing way too many desperate and ill thought out decisions.
We? :eusa_think:

Royal American "we" not party "we"

:lmao:
ok

ok
What on earth is so funny? Are you high already this morning?
Did you see the pufferfish post in the Lounge?

So, I think that a lot has been lost in the noise with the Roy Moore allegations. Those against Moore tend to point out that Moore is being tried in the court of public opinion and not in an actual court so the veracity of the evidence is immaterial. Those supporting him point out that there are no charges (as there cannot be) and that the yearbook as well as the timing of the stories is questionable. All of this is background noise to me considering that I am not an Alabama voter so I do not have any influence in the matter. What does interest me though is what happens after the election. If Moore looses than it is a moot point, and a devastating blow for the republicans as they loose a crucial seat in the senate. If he wins, well, it is still bad for the republicans because they are going to have to decide what to do with Moore.

Now, there has been a lot of talk about not seating him but as far as I can tell, the senate does not have the power to keep him from taking his seat.
Why the Law Might Not Allow the Senate to Expel Roy Moore

This also deals with expelling him as well. There are some things to take into consideration here:

Moore is innocent. This is not a conjecture. It is not a theory. It is not an opinion. It is legal FACT. Moore is innocent of the accusations because there can be no trial and, ergo, no conviction for those acts.

IF Moore wins then he has been 'tried in the court of public opinion' and the people have spoken with the full knowledge of the allegations against him.

So, given Moore is innocent according to the law and the people of Alabama chose him (again assuming he wins) I do not see how the senate has the power or the standing to eject him from his seat. They are going to have to accept him as a senator and deal with the allegations IMHO and they should. No matter how distasteful one may or may not find the situation the voters will have decided and they should have the final say unless the constitution specifically states otherwise.

What do you think the senate should do or even can do?
If the people of Alabama elect him they should accept it it’s the people who decide who represent them what the rest of us think is irrelevant.

If these charges came up after Moore was elected, then I can see the Senate investigating him

But if the voters say....I don't care if a child molester represents me
Then the Senate should accept their choice
Did I actually just hear you say that?

I think the people of the great state of Alabama should have to live with their choice

I don't see what Democrats gain by expelling him. The Republican Governor of Alabama will just name another Republican to replace him. This one not so Looney Tunes

Dems are better off with Creepy Roy spouting his offensive nonsense and being used as an example of how out of touch Republicans are

I don't see what Democrats gain by expelling him. The Republican Governor of Alabama will just name another Republican to replace him. This one not so Looney Tunes

Dems are better off with Creepy Roy spouting his offensive nonsense and being used as an example of how out of touch Republicans are
I figured your decision involved whamming the Republican party. The decision of whether this guy should be serving as a United States Senator should be about more than that, imo.

So, I think that a lot has been lost in the noise with the Roy Moore allegations. Those against Moore tend to point out that Moore is being tried in the court of public opinion and not in an actual court so the veracity of the evidence is immaterial. Those supporting him point out that there are no charges (as there cannot be) and that the yearbook as well as the timing of the stories is questionable. All of this is background noise to me considering that I am not an Alabama voter so I do not have any influence in the matter. What does interest me though is what happens after the election. If Moore looses than it is a moot point, and a devastating blow for the republicans as they loose a crucial seat in the senate. If he wins, well, it is still bad for the republicans because they are going to have to decide what to do with Moore.

Now, there has been a lot of talk about not seating him but as far as I can tell, the senate does not have the power to keep him from taking his seat.

This also deals with expelling him as well. There are some things to take into consideration here:

Moore is innocent. This is not a conjecture. It is not a theory. It is not an opinion. It is legal FACT. Moore is innocent of the accusations because there can be no trial and, ergo, no conviction for those acts.

IF Moore wins then he has been 'tried in the court of public opinion' and the people have spoken with the full knowledge of the allegations against him.

So, given Moore is innocent according to the law and the people of Alabama chose him (again assuming he wins) I do not see how the senate has the power or the standing to eject him from his seat. They are going to have to accept him as a senator and deal with the allegations IMHO and they should. No matter how distasteful one may or may not find the situation the voters will have decided and they should have the final say unless the constitution specifically states otherwise.

If the people of Alabama elect him they should accept it it’s the people who decide who represent them what the rest of us think is irrelevant.
Did you think that about Chappaquiddick? If so, okay.

There are millions and millions of Alabamians who have diddled kids. Sexually assaulting children is a way of life there.

Moore has a lock on the child molester voting bloc.

You'll see on December 12.

I figured your decision involved whamming the Republican party. The decision of whether this guy should be serving as a United States Senator should be about more than that, imo.

The people of Alabama should decide on who represents them regardless of how creepy he is. If he had current criminal charges against him, I can see Congress taking action

But for activities that took place 40 years ago?

ok
What on earth is so funny? Are you high already this morning?
Did you see the pufferfish post in the Lounge?
Lol no. Just you, my dear :D

Did Moore cause someone's death?

If Alabama's state seat effected only Alabama, then of course they should elect whom ever they want. but I don't want this idiot in the senate. nothing too do with sexual behavior, he is an embarrassment for the country, lost his last two jobs + pink guns & silly costumes do nothing to improve the Republican image.

If Alabama's state seat effected only Alabama, then of course they should elect whom ever they want. but I don't want this idiot in the senate. nothing too do with sexual behavior, he is an embarrassment for the country, lost his last two jobs + pink guns & silly costumes do nothing to improve the Republican image.

I agree

Creepy Roy's attraction to young girls is one of his least objectionable qualities.
His disdain for the Constitution and our laws is what makes him dangerous

Moore’s alleged actions have not resulted in anyone’s death as far as we know so little bit different circumstances. Having said that as with Moore today it was up to the people of Massachusetts to decide if they wanted Kennedy representing them what people living outside of the state thought didn’t matter.

There are millions and millions of Alabamians who have diddled kids. Sexually assaulting children is a way of life there.

You really need mental help.

That is a pretty pathetic statement about almost 5 million people. Talk about broad brushing.

Forum List

Back