"A Day Without Immigrants" protest across America coming soon

If they're here LEGALLY, we have no problems with them.

PHILADELPHIA -- Organizers in cities across the U.S. are telling immigrants to miss class, miss work and not shop on Thursday as a way to show the country how important they are to America's economy and way of life.

"A Day Without Immigrants" actions are planned in cities including Philadelphia, Washington, Boston and Austin, Texas.

The protest comes in response to President Donald Trump and his 1-month-old administration. The Republican president has pledged to increase deportation of immigrants living in the country illegally, build a wall along the Mexican border, and ban people from certain majority-Muslim countries from coming into the U.S. He also has blamed high unemployment on immigration.

Employers and institutions in some cities were already expressing solidarity Wednesday with immigrant workers. Washington restaurateur John Andrade said he would close his businesses Thursday, and David Suro, owner of Tequilas Restaurant in Philadelphia and a Mexican immigrant, said he also planned to participate.

The Davis Museum at Wellesley College in Massachusetts said it would remove or shroud all artwork created or given by immigrants to the museum through Feb. 21.

Organizers in Philadelphia said they expect hundreds of workers and families to participate.
Austin among U.S. cities targeted for 'Day Without Immigrants' protest | Jobs | Dallas News
who's fault is that? a market friendly visa could help lower our federal income tax burden.

Anyone inconvienced by this today?
YES...I had to go to Jewel's to get my dog a chicken
because West Lawn, a grocery store 3 blocks from my house
was fucking closed...I was like... whaaat?!

All the neighborhood taco places,
on my way to Jewel's were closed as well...

Jewel's was packed, plenty of Hispanics
still shopping, just elsewhere!

I will be shopping at Jewel's from now on!

I don't know that California participated. We have had days without immigrants before. Those days were so pleasant. Every day should be a day without immigrants.

Fire them. Before the Libs come at me spewing hate I would also say the same thing for any other group who thinks their employers have to support your socio-political beliefs and make accommodations for them.

These type of things cant come fast enough for me.....go.........go!! As long as the DUMS keep doing the identity politics thing, they will keep getting whacked at election time.........go! Most Americans laugh at this stuff.........something the DUMS don't get.:2up::deal:. Go...........

These type of things cant come fast enough for me.....go.........go!! As long as the DUMS keep doing the identity politics thing, they will keep getting whacked at election time.........go! Most Americans laugh at this stuff.........something the DUMS don't get.:2up::deal:. Go...........

They can be their own worst enemy, such as when illegals and even legals are out waving the Mexican flag. Amazingly stupid.

They can be their own worst enemy, such as when illegals and even legals are out waving the Mexican flag. Amazingly stupid.
they are just advocating for a market friendly visa.

Don't complain; be Patriotic.

We have a Statue of Liberty and a Commerce Clause.
... and we have a Constitution and laws.

Illegal immigrants, and their supporters, choose to ignore all four.
We have a Commerce Clause; don't complain, be Patriotic about a market friendly visa.

There's a word I'm looking for .... just a minute ... it'll come to me.

Ahhh! There it is ......

Balderdash!!

(Actually, it was the second word that came to mind .... "bullshit" came first)

Don't complain; be Patriotic.

We have a Statue of Liberty and a Commerce Clause.
... and we have a Constitution and laws.

Illegal immigrants, and their supporters, choose to ignore all four.
We have a Commerce Clause; don't complain, be Patriotic about a market friendly visa.

There's a word I'm looking for .... just a minute ... it'll come to me.

Ahhh! There it is ......

Balderdash!!

(Actually, it was the second word that came to mind .... "bullshit" came first)
what is "balderdashy" about our Commerce Clause?

Forum List

Back