"A Day Without Immigrants" protest across America coming soon

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
If they're here LEGALLY, we have no problems with them.

PHILADELPHIA -- Organizers in cities across the U.S. are telling immigrants to miss class, miss work and not shop on Thursday as a way to show the country how important they are to America's economy and way of life.

"A Day Without Immigrants" actions are planned in cities including Philadelphia, Washington, Boston and Austin, Texas.

The protest comes in response to President Donald Trump and his 1-month-old administration. The Republican president has pledged to increase deportation of immigrants living in the country illegally, build a wall along the Mexican border, and ban people from certain majority-Muslim countries from coming into the U.S. He also has blamed high unemployment on immigration.

Employers and institutions in some cities were already expressing solidarity Wednesday with immigrant workers. Washington restaurateur John Andrade said he would close his businesses Thursday, and David Suro, owner of Tequilas Restaurant in Philadelphia and a Mexican immigrant, said he also planned to participate.

The Davis Museum at Wellesley College in Massachusetts said it would remove or shroud all artwork created or given by immigrants to the museum through Feb. 21.

Organizers in Philadelphia said they expect hundreds of workers and families to participate.
Austin among U.S. cities targeted for 'Day Without Immigrants' protest | Jobs | Dallas News

It has nothing to do with legal immigration.

Protest.

Fly your nations flag.

When you are finished go home and fix the problems in your home country instead of demanding we support you while your earnings are sent to support your families in these countries.

You mean I get to take a day off!?!

Oh wait I am the wrong type of immigrant seeing I came here legally and was granted my papers...

Only had I came here illegally when my aunt and uncle adopted me and brought me from Canada!!!

Then we can all see how irrelevant they really are to the economy. Some sweatshop owners and labor racketeers will make a few dollars less, and a few pallets of Chinese crap won't make it to Wally World. Big woop. When the meat packing companies in Colorado and Texas got one of their every 10 years or so visits from INS and carted off a few, the lines out the door from Americans who were applying for those 'jobs Americans won't do' stretched for blocks. So much for the 'labor shortage' hoax being peddled by corporate America and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Paul Ryan, etc., etc. Silly Con Valley is currently 'relocating' to places like Dallas, where it's a lot more affordable, and they're moving because they've exhausted the pool of morons who will move out to Cali and sleep in their cars on the company parking lots.

The audacity of an illegal immigrant to self-righteously claim they have a right to remain here and enjoy all of the benefits of being an American, without actually being an American, is mind blowing. Of course, these illegals are getting a lot of smoke blown up their asses by the leftist prog scum.

The audacity of an illegal immigrant to self-righteously claim they have a right to remain here and enjoy all of the benefits of being an American, without actually being an American, is mind blowing. Of course, these illegals are getting a lot of smoke blown up their asses by the leftist prog scum.

How bout we have a "If you're an illegal in America, go the fuck back to whatever shithole you crawled out of" day??

An "Illegal Alien go the fuck home" day??

75E1DC8D-D01C-42E5-ACD0-4BB001AAB3AF-13013-000019A28F38C955_tmp.jpg

Actually most of them are just criminals and racist bigots, which is why Democrats love them so much.

Actually most of them are just criminals and racist bigots, which is why Democrats love them so much.
The Spanish immigrants I have known from South America don't like blacks. So what you say is consistent with my experience.

The Spanish immigrants I have known from South America don't like blacks. So what you say is consistent with my experience.

Most Africans I meet don't like American blacks for the most part, either. Most hispanic Americans I know don't like criminal illegal aliens from Mexico or Latin America, despite the BS from fake 'leftists'.

This exploitation of their countrymen made the bracero issue an overriding concern to the Mexican Americans of South Texas on humanitarian grounds: they called the bracero program “rent a slave”. And it was overriding on economic grounds as well: in the opiniuon of most Mexican-American leaders, it was the willingness of these Mexicans to work the same jobs they were working, and accept such low wages, that kept their own wages low. The unrestricted flow of migrant workers was held to be the principal reason why the rise of Mexican-Americans to the middle class had been so much slower than that of the Irish and other immigrant groups. If there was a single issue most important to Mexican-Americans in the 1950's, it was this issue.

They wanted the government to require working conditions and wages in the bracero contracts to equal those prevailing in the U.S. And to cut off the flow of illegal immigrants, both by increasing appropriations to the United States Immigration Service and by increasing criminal penalties for growers who knowingly hire illegal aliens.

From Robert Caros' biography of LBJ, Master of the Senate, pages 757 and 758 of my copy.

More in the book on this as well. These Mexican-Americans are clearly racists …

Cesar Chavez also opposed illegal immigration, and even to day under the visa program it's still pretty much the same abuse even of legal green card workers; nothing has changed. Mother Jones has a investigative report in its archives, Silence in the Fields, on this. Mother Jones is famous for its racism and stuff and its avid support of the GOP …

And they are protected every step of the way by your American Dimocrat party.
Dimocrats have no respect for our immigrstion laws.

Last edited:
These Portland businesses will be closed for Day Without Immigrants

On Thursday, businesses around the country will be participating in Day Without Immigrants. In Portland, local businesses are join in in different ways -- some closing down, others donating proceeds to organizations that support immigrants.

Here's a partial list of businesses that will be closed on Thursday. If we're missing one, send an email to [email protected] and we'll add that business to the list.

La Tapatia Supermarket: 18330 SE Stark St. Closed Thursday.

These Portland businesses will be closed for Day Without Immigrants

Forum List

Back