A D-Day Veteran Politely Declines Obama Invitation

I think he should have obliged. The day is about him & his fellow soldiers not Obama.

He made a statement in which he believes, which says a whole lot more then if he would have did what was against what he believed.

I seriously doubt Obama nor his liberal backers care.

A D-Day Veteran Politely Declines Obama Invitation | National Review Online

This week, George received a call from the White House, who said they knew he would be over in France during D-Day, and wondered if he would attend a private meeting the White House was arranging for veterans with President Obama.

George thought about it for awhile and concluded he just couldn’t. “I have so many issues with the president’s policies, including the most recent ones,” he told me ruefully. “I just couldn’t convince myself to do it.”

“It’s not that we don’t want to respect the commander-in-chief,” one told me sadly. “It’s just that he makes it so hard to do so.”

Most veterans overwhelmingly support any veteran to make such a decision, regardless of its silliness.

Refused not to stand while meeting the President of his great country:

628x471.jpg

I can't believe Obama wouldn't tell this old man that he didn't have to stand up in His presence.

In my opinion, it would have been an insult to the man. The man still has his pride I am sure, that is why he stood in the first place.

I seriously doubt Obama nor his liberal backers care.

A D-Day Veteran Politely Declines Obama Invitation | National Review Online

This week, George received a call from the White House, who said they knew he would be over in France during D-Day, and wondered if he would attend a private meeting the White House was arranging for veterans with President Obama.

George thought about it for awhile and concluded he just couldn’t. “I have so many issues with the president’s policies, including the most recent ones,” he told me ruefully. “I just couldn’t convince myself to do it.”

“It’s not that we don’t want to respect the commander-in-chief,” one told me sadly. “It’s just that he makes it so hard to do so.”

As is his right. There are a few Presidents that if I'd been invited I would have politely declined also. No one is REQUIRED to meet Presidents.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9sgAKp-IJo]D-Day Tribute - YouTube[/ame]
A REAL PRESIDENTS D-Day tribute.

Bush the Elder is great in my books, but I despised his visiting of SS graveyards.

Absolutely immoral.

Bush the Elder is great in my books, but I despised his visiting of SS graveyards.

Absolutely immoral.

The Einzatsgruppen (sp) were the murderers. The Waffen SS as a whole was an impressive military organization. Extreme devotion to duty and bravery, especially on the Eastern Front killing communist.

Forum List

Back