GOP senator critical of Bergdahl deal leaves briefing early to appear on Fox News

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Both Chambliss and McCain left the briefing early in order to complain that no information was being given on Bergdhal.

GOP senator critical of Bergdahl deal leaves briefing early to appear on Fox News - Salon.com

<excerpts>
Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss, ranking member on the Select Committee on Intelligence, has been one of the administration’s most vocal critics in this regard. Claiming he was promised he’d get prior notice before the deal went through, Chambliss recently said, “I don’t believe a thing this president says now.”

Yet on Wednesday, Chambliss decided to leave a White House briefing on the deal early, in order to appear on Fox News and criticize the administration for not being more forthright with information.

“In fact, the briefing is still going on, but I don’t see how anybody can walk out of there with any kind of comfortable feeling that the administration from a notification standpoint — and I emphasize that — did what they should have done or what they had the opportunity to do,” Chambliss said on Fox. “I mean, it was like they didn’t trust [Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.] and me. And, yet, the two of us knew about the bin Laden event for — leading up to the takedown of bin Laden — for months and months and months. And it’s just very puzzling as to why they didn’t notify anybody in Congress as to what was going on.”
>
One senator who did attend, only to leave early? John McCain. According to reports, McCain left after asking a question, finding the White House’s answer to be unacceptable, and then yelling. “I learned nothing,” McCain told reporters after the fact.

Bergdahl family gettin' threats...
:eusa_shifty:
FBI investigates threats against Bergdahl family
Jun 7,`14 ~ Threats against the family of former Taliban prisoner Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl are being investigated by federal, state and local authorities.
William Facer, a spokesman for the FBI's Salt Lake City division, said Saturday in a statement: "The FBI continues to monitor the situation in Hailey, Idaho. We are working jointly with our state and local partners and taking each threat seriously." The soldier's parents, Bob and Jani Bergdahl, live in Hailey, Idaho. Facer did not detail the nature of the threat.

On Wednesday, Bergdahl's hometown abruptly canceled plans Wednesday for a welcome-home celebration, citing security concerns over the prospect of big crowds -- both for and against the soldier.

The town of 8,000 has been swamped with hate mail and angry calls over Bergdahl, whose release after five years of Taliban captivity in Afghanistan has touched off a debate over whether the 28-year-old should be given a hero's welcome or punished as a deserter.

AP Newswire | Stars and Stripes

Both Chambliss and McCain left the briefing early in order to complain that no information was being given on Bergdhal.

GOP senator critical of Bergdahl deal leaves briefing early to appear on Fox News - Salon.com

<excerpts>
Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss, ranking member on the Select Committee on Intelligence, has been one of the administration’s most vocal critics in this regard. Claiming he was promised he’d get prior notice before the deal went through, Chambliss recently said, “I don’t believe a thing this president says now.”

Yet on Wednesday, Chambliss decided to leave a White House briefing on the deal early, in order to appear on Fox News and criticize the administration for not being more forthright with information.

“In fact, the briefing is still going on, but I don’t see how anybody can walk out of there with any kind of comfortable feeling that the administration from a notification standpoint — and I emphasize that — did what they should have done or what they had the opportunity to do,” Chambliss said on Fox. “I mean, it was like they didn’t trust [Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.] and me. And, yet, the two of us knew about the bin Laden event for — leading up to the takedown of bin Laden — for months and months and months. And it’s just very puzzling as to why they didn’t notify anybody in Congress as to what was going on.”
>
One senator who did attend, only to leave early? John McCain. According to reports, McCain left after asking a question, finding the White House’s answer to be unacceptable, and then yelling. “I learned nothing,” McCain told reporters after the fact.

If this was like most of maobamas dog and pony shows the presentations most likely consisted of more smoke and mirrors and very little substance. Your dear leaders administration is great at marketing, not so much on competent governing. So I don't blame anyone for leaving early, I's sure they had someone taking notes.

<excerpts>

>

Saxby Chambliss is just a dumb fat grit eating cracker from jesusland and McCorpes belongs in a nursing home

<excerpts>

>

I don't blame them like democrats are saying, Obama lied and totally did not follow the law. Why should they listen now??

Bowe Bergdahl Prisoner Swap ?Totally? Did Not Follow the Law, Senate Intel Chair Says - ABC News

<excerpts>

>

What is Obama hiding?

Jun 7,`14 ~ Threats against the family of former Taliban prisoner Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl are being investigated by federal, state and local authorities.
William Facer, a spokesman for the FBI's Salt Lake City division, said Saturday in a statement: "The FBI continues to monitor the situation in Hailey, Idaho. We are working jointly with our state and local partners and taking each threat seriously." The soldier's parents, Bob and Jani Bergdahl, live in Hailey, Idaho. Facer did not detail the nature of the threat.

On Wednesday, Bergdahl's hometown abruptly canceled plans Wednesday for a welcome-home celebration, citing security concerns over the prospect of big crowds -- both for and against the soldier.

The town of 8,000 has been swamped with hate mail and angry calls over Bergdahl, whose release after five years of Taliban captivity in Afghanistan has touched off a debate over whether the 28-year-old should be given a hero's welcome or punished as a deserter.

When you say "briefed" I think " lied to"

Good for him. Going on Fox is more useful than sitting in a gubbernint hearing for a year.

Did he go on Fox and Friends by any chance?

2039_1401921390.jpg

holy smokes

it's come to this

hang the guy he had the nerve to leave for a scheduled appointment

poor Salon, they're running out of things to get the Democrat base all foaming at the mouth riled up

weak but don't worry they'll dig something our the sewer

Last edited:

When you say "briefed" I think " lied to"

look who graced us w/ her presence, [MENTION=11947]WillowTree[/MENTION] :rolleyes:

You have a link for that accusation hon?

I'm not going to take Steve Doucy's word for it. Thats where you get your talking-points, as do most other rw xenophobes here, no doubt. I'll let the military investigate and draw conclusions. I served BTW. You?

Last edited:
GOP senator critical of Bergdahl deal leaves briefing early to appear on Fox News

He's hoping to get a deal for when he leaves office. Like Palin and Huckabee.

nothing suprises me from GOP TV anymore. 'lest we forget, their producer (Roger Ailes) used to be a Republican hatchet man :thup:

Forum List

Back