A conspiracy to make lawyers rich?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I've seen it time and time again. On one channel we see ads promoting testosterone therapy and on another channel we see law firms seeking clients to sue the pharmaceutical firms because of strokes and deaths related to the legal and legitimate use of the product. What's going on? Is big Pharm required to donate to a slush fund that compensates victims who use the product in good faith so that law firms can tap into the treasure?

I've seen it time and time again. On one channel we see ads promoting testosterone therapy and on another channel we see law firms seeking clients to sue the pharmaceutical firms because of strokes and deaths related to the legal and legitimate use of the product. What's going on? Is big Pharm required to donate to a slush fund that compensates victims who use the product in good faith so that law firms can tap into the treasure?

Noticed this very thing on USA channel the other day. Lotta those class-action type drug recall commercials. And the news channels all have the big phama ones.

"Disease is the biggest money maker in our economy." John H. Tobe

I think this is more a matter of the very exploitable class action laws that reward lawyers for filing bullshit lawsuits, and the jury system, where a good lawyer can get an astronomical award based on junk science (c.f., John Edwards, Esq.).

The sad part of it is how much money is devoted to drugs that basically just try to compensate for the fact that a lot of Boomers are GETTING OLD!

Forum List

Back