A Complete Psychological Analysis of Trump's Support

I'm a liberal. I didn't vote for Trump.

And the DNC literally made him [Trump] a martyr.​

Literally.

the Democratic Party has nothing but I hate Trump.​

Hilarity.

The Democratic Party has nothing but I hate Trump to run on right now. That is the problem with neo-liberals.

Nothing yells "valid argument" quite like restating the same demented pap, again. And again.

Perhaps the debate about over-entitled Dunning-Kruger brats isn't complete unless we include their sense to be entitled to intellectual laziness. Conversely, calling them out for it makes them a "martyr".

Hilarity never ceases.

In what way ? I dont see him as a victim.

You don't need to. You reportedly live across the pond. I am not expecting you to recall anything and I'm not expecting you to even know how propaganda works.

They started that off with sending people over to initiate fights wearing Sander's shirts at his rallies. The media fed into it because they are conglomerates and they have their own interests. Going back in time to locate a grab 'em by the %!$# tape. Hillary hiring her goons to canvas the internet.
Here we are looking at 2020 and the Democratic Party has nothing but I hate Trump. So, we can expect the exact same 14 year old behavior because they still don't have anything to run on.

Ah, the racist, misogynist, over-entitled Dunning-Kruger brat, who got billions in free airtime from a pliable media (conglomerates!) seizing a profit opportunity, was martyred - kid you not - because he was occasionally confronted with the racist, misogynistic, or plain moronic things he's said and done.

The rightarded victimology of whiny, over-entitled brats, along with the abject subservience to their Dear Leader, never ceases to amaze.

:102:

Make it stop.

Please.

:eusa_pray:
It's like an automatic stupid buzz phrase generator, isn't it?

"I know that Trump threw some kids into cages, and some of them died, but someone yelled at Sarah Sanders when she was having dinner."

No one yelled at Sanders. She was politely asked to leave.

But the bigger problem is, why are so many Americans willing to embrace someone like Trump. The points in the article are good ones, but I think it can be a lot simpler.

White folks look at their declining fortunes, as the needs of the labor market change... They look at the good jobs their parents had at a factory with union representation.

And while they have no stomach to form a union and fight for more rights, learn the skills to keep their job set relevant, they do understand the profound cultural loss.

Trump (and for that matter, every Republican before him going back to Nixon) gives them someone to blame, the people who are not like them.

Here is the point you are making, just better explained:

8. Relative Deprivation — A Misguided Sense of Entitlement

Relative deprivation refers to the experience of being deprived of something to which one believes they are entitled. It is the discontent felt when one compares their position in life to others who they feel are equal or inferior but have unfairly had more success than them.

Common explanations for Trump’s popularity among non-bigoted voters involve economics. There is no doubt that some Trump supporters are simply angry that American jobs are being lost to Mexico and China, which is certainly understandable, although these loyalists often ignore the fact that some of these careers are actually being lost due to the accelerating pace of automation.

These Trump supporters are experiencing relative deprivation, and are common among the swing states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. This kind of deprivation is specifically referred to as “relative,” as opposed to “absolute,” because the feeling is often based on a skewed perception of what one is entitled to.​

And yes, racism - and misogyny - play a very real role in this.

1. At this point, only a race baiting fucktard would assume a significant portion of Trump's support was bigotry.

2. At this point, only a ignorant asshole would assume that Trump supporters are unaware of the automation factor.

3. At this point, only a ignorant callous asshole would dismiss the real suffering from wage stagnation of the last 50 years.

4. And given all of that, your link still admits that the loss of American jobs to "Mexico and China" is a valid issue.

Literally.

Hilarity.

The Democratic Party has nothing but I hate Trump to run on right now. That is the problem with neo-liberals.

Nothing yells "valid argument" quite like restating the same demented pap, again. And again.

Perhaps the debate about over-entitled Dunning-Kruger brats isn't complete unless we include their sense to be entitled to intellectual laziness. Conversely, calling them out for it makes them a "martyr".

Hilarity never ceases.

It talks about repetition, then turns around and repeats all its simple-minded "over entitled Dunning Kruger brats" and "martyr" idiocy.

Literally.

Hilarity.

Hilarity never ceases.

It talks about repetition, then turns around and repeats all its simple-minded "over entitled Dunning Kruger brats" and "martyr" idiocy.

It makes a paddling pool look deep.

"I know that Trump threw some kids into cages, and some of them died, but someone yelled at Sarah Sanders when she was having dinner."

But the bigger problem is, why are so many Americans willing to embrace someone like Trump. The points in the article are good ones, but I think it can be a lot simpler.

White folks look at their declining fortunes, as the needs of the labor market change... They look at the good jobs their parents had at a factory with union representation.

And while they have no stomach to form a union and fight for more rights, learn the skills to keep their job set relevant, they do understand the profound cultural loss.

Trump (and for that matter, every Republican before him going back to Nixon) gives them someone to blame, the people who are not like them.

Relative deprivation refers to the experience of being deprived of something to which one believes they are entitled. It is the discontent felt when one compares their position in life to others who they feel are equal or inferior but have unfairly had more success than them.

Common explanations for Trump’s popularity among non-bigoted voters involve economics. There is no doubt that some Trump supporters are simply angry that American jobs are being lost to Mexico and China, which is certainly understandable, although these loyalists often ignore the fact that some of these careers are actually being lost due to the accelerating pace of automation.

These Trump supporters are experiencing relative deprivation, and are common among the swing states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. This kind of deprivation is specifically referred to as “relative,” as opposed to “absolute,” because the feeling is often based on a skewed perception of what one is entitled to.​

1. At this point, only a race baiting fucktard would assume a significant portion of Trump's support was bigotry.

2. At this point, only a ignorant asshole would assume that Trump supporters are unaware of the automation factor.

3. At this point, only a ignorant callous asshole would dismiss the real suffering from wage stagnation of the last 50 years.

4. And given all of that, your link still admits that the loss of American jobs to "Mexico and China" is a valid issue.

One has to be magnanimous.

He's not an American, so I don't get the bitter obsession with that country.

Maybe because the allies won the War. :dunno:

He's also being 'coached'. :gs:

Is the Dunning-Kruger effect supposedly limited, or in any way more associated with ideologues?

I would say yes to your question since it is all about self-awareness. It's pretty much a flushed out version of the old maxim "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" where the less competent a person is, the more they overestimate their ability and the more competent a person is, the more they underestimate. Ideologues do not question their own ideology and are not aware individuals. The more extremely unaware derive comfort from reducing the complexity of the world right down to the binary level, which is reinforced by all the others doing the same. Any hint of original thought they ascribe to the other while clinging to their unquestioned belief system as gospel.

I see very few people not doing that. Especially people who are not very political. THey pick up the shit the media and pop culture tell them without question, and are immune to anyone that points out something that doesn't fit.

The Democratic Party does not support public education.
The Democratic Party has supported privatizing the post office.
The Democratic Party supports regime change and war in other countries.
The Democratic Party supports the destruction of IT sector via H1B visas as well as illegal immigration to continue to lower wages.
The Democratic Party pays lip service to unions.

Okay, you've convinced me, you're retarded. We get that.

Honestly, the Democrats are the ones protecting public education and the post office from privatization... I'm not entirely sold that this is a good thing, but they are.

Both parties support the same bad policies of the Pax Americana...

The reason why we have H1B visas is because Americans are too dumb to really do IT. If we didn't bring in guys from India, no one would run our IT.

No. The Democratic Party supports the faux privatization of the education system.
Obama's Betrayal of Public Education? Arne Duncan and the Corporate Model of Schooling
Flunking Arne Duncan
The Legacy of Arne Duncan, ‘A Hero in the Education Business’
Undermining Public Education Has Been A Bipartisan Affair | HuffPost
Home - Democrats for Education Reform
King: Arbitrary caps on charter schools 'don’t make sense'

USPS

H.R. 22 (109th): Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act -- House Vote #430 -- Jul 26, 2005

Passed the Senate unanimous consent.

If I get back at a decent hour then I will post the IT.

It appears that it isn't a question of you being sold on anything. You simply haven't been instructed of what to support. If you spent more time researching and less time emoting with your own personal truisms, you wouldn't look like a blithering idiot.

Maybe we should do a complete psychological analysis on the hysterical BDS suffers.

Although, with so much 'material' out there, it would be an incomplete survey.

Navigating one's way around the tortuous labyrinth of such tormented minds would take forever.

Death, taxes and Communists indulging in mindless jargon...….

The weird fixation on America I don't comprehend. And he's not the only foreign one. It's been going on for years. :huddle:

Constructive criticism, without recourse to flamboyant use of rhetoric, aka fake news, I could accept.

I have noticed in other threads that he is also an antisemite, and I see the root causes of both as stemming from the same sense of projection. Those with extremely low levels of self esteem often play the blame game, and instead of looking inwards by way of addressing their sense of worthlessness, project it upon another target. It's easier for a person to blame the Jews or blame Americans for the fact they are worthless than it is to indulge in some real soul searching.

All the condescension and overly lurid prose that drips from his poison pen is just a desperate attempt to assuage that lack of self worth he feels.

Death, taxes and Communists indulging in mindless jargon...….

The weird fixation on America I don't comprehend. And he's not the only foreign one. It's been going on for years. :huddle:

Constructive criticism, without recourse to flamboyant use of rhetoric, aka fake news, I could accept.

I have noticed in other threads that he is also an antisemite, and I see the root causes of both as stemming from the same sense of projection. Those with extremely low levels of self esteem often play the blame game, and instead of looking inwards by way of addressing their sense of worthlessness, project it upon another target. It's easier for a person to blame the Jews or blame Americans for the fact they are worthless than it is to indulge in some real soul searching.

All the condescension and overly lurid prose that drips from his poison pen is just a desperate attempt to assuage that lack of self worth he feels.

You mean low self esteem because he's a German, struggling to get a handle on English prose and wordsmithery?

It's all very well if you can do the present perfect, but if you can't handle nuance, you don't stand a chance.

And if we're being mean to him, just look at the bile he issues towards Americans and non lefties. Plus, look at the company he keeps. Such a high calibre of political commentators.

Its a long article but worth reading. It paints quite a bleak picture of the modern world and the way that people can be manipulated. I recognise many of these traits in the people I know who support brexit which shows that it is not a specifically American issue.

This one chimes with me a lot because I worked with several of these people on a project a few years back. People who have had success in some things believe that they are experts in all fields. You cant reach them because they are bomb proof.

7. The Dunning-Kruger Effect: Humans Often Overestimate Their Political Expertise

Some who support Donald Trump are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed, which creates a double burden.

Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” These people cannot be reached because they mistakenly believe they are the ones who should be reaching others.

or

as I have long stated

Paranoid Schizophrenics with delusions of grandeur and a persecution complex.

Its a long article but worth reading. It paints quite a bleak picture of the modern world and the way that people can be manipulated. I recognise many of these traits in the people I know who support brexit which shows that it is not a specifically American issue.

This one chimes with me a lot because I worked with several of these people on a project a few years back. People who have had success in some things believe that they are experts in all fields. You cant reach them because they are bomb proof.

7. The Dunning-Kruger Effect: Humans Often Overestimate Their Political Expertise

Some who support Donald Trump are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed, which creates a double burden.

Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” These people cannot be reached because they mistakenly believe they are the ones who should be reaching others.

or

as I have long stated

Paranoid Schizophrenics with delusions of grandeur and a persecution complex.

Couldn't put it better myself. :113:

One has to be magnanimous.

He's not an American, so I don't get the bitter obsession with that country.

Maybe because the allies won the War. :dunno:

He's also being 'coached'. :gs:

That was me being magnanimous.

Really? All I see in Trump's supporters are bigots.

Well, actually, most of you are. It's not like any of you want to work in a factory anyway, but man, you all totally lost your shit when some Democrats told you to "Learn to Code".

No, the asshole is the one who doesn't realize that the wage stagnation is caused by the One Percenters driving down your wages. You bigots would rather "blame the darkies', whether they live here or in another country... case in point.

But here's the thing... you guys never talk about loss of jobs to Germany, which is the world's biggest exporter of manufactured goods. Because those are white people.

No. The Democratic Party supports the faux privatization of the education system.

Not really. a few charter schools here and there is hardly privatization.

And why is this a bad thing again. The people DEMANDING this sort of thing are the parents who are a little sick and tired of some fat union teacher phoning it in every day, but can never get fired.

Last time I checked, the Republicans were in charge of the Senate in 2005.

This is really the best you have? Really?

Not really. a few charter schools here and there is hardly privatization.

And why is this a bad thing again. The people DEMANDING this sort of thing are the parents who are a little sick and tired of some fat union teacher phoning it in every day, but can never get fired.

Last time I checked, the Republicans were in charge of the Senate in 2005.

This is really the best you have? Really?

Face it, Joe. You're about as right wing as it gets. You're a neoliberal. And no, it's not just a few charter schools here and there. It's charter schools scamming money, it's real estate fraud, it's closing up shop leaving kids stranded without a school, it's the numerous suspensions for frivolous crap (or denying those with disabilities to enter). It's testing scores showing no greater improvement and in many instances fail miserably. Incidentally, it's also what the NAACP and Black Lives Matter are also against as it fuels the school to prison pipeline. Which makes it even funnier when you use phrases like "white people" and shit like post #158 is absolutely ludicrous. Because it is everything you pretend to be against.

You completely ignore the Democrats voting. How quaint. Pre-funding 75 years out of retirement benefits? I'm pretty sure that you forgot the appointment of Patrick Donahue. I could drag that out.

You are everything that is wrong with the Democratic Party. You're a fraud. It's not inherently important that conservatives see through your bullshit. You will simply use little phrases to incite them. Do be aware that the rest of the world recognizes the fact that all you folks have is I hate Trump and that it's to hide the fact that you and your ilk are doing the exact same things. You have nothing.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back