A camera question...

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Does anyone know of a camera on the market today that has a remote shutter release either digital or cord type?

Does anyone know of a camera on the market today that has a remote shutter release either digital or cord type?

Both of your higher end Nikon and Canon cameras do as well as the bulb function. Take a trip to your local camera shop. They will fall all over themselves showing you their wares.

I have an old Nikon N2000 which did. And I really want another. Thanks for the info!

I have an old Nikon N2000 which did. And I really want another. Thanks for the info!

35 mm cameras aren't old; archaeologists dig them up and put them in museums.
A semi pro or SLR digital camera will serve you far better.

The SLRs are clearly superior but I rather like my Fujifilm HS50 because it's ideal as a street bashing camera, to capture real life.

The SLRs are clearly superior but I rather like my Fujifilm HS50 because it's ideal as a street bashing camera, to capture real life.

I can't get my old Nikon to power up. At some point the batteries corrode din it and I don't know how to get it to work. I wish I could. I loved that camera, I just didn't have time to use it much. Any suggestions about getting all that corrosion out would be helpful. I think it would work if I could accomplish that.

Both of your higher end Nikon and Canon cameras do as well as the bulb function. Take a trip to your local camera shop. They will fall all over themselves showing you their wares.

Will do that. I will be in Nashville 2 days this month and will have some time to shop.

I can't get my old Nikon to power up. At some point the batteries corrode din it and I don't know how to get it to work. I wish I could. I loved that camera, I just didn't have time to use it much. Any suggestions about getting all that corrosion out would be helpful. I think it would work if I could accomplish that.

Leaking batteries are a killer as the chemicals corrode pretty much any metal they come into contact with.
There is a bright side; the battery compartment is commonly sealed so, unless the leak is terrible and long term, it's probably confined to that area and electrical connections within it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDd4VkUm85Y]Using Q-Tips to Clean Battery Corrosion - YouTube[/ame]

How to Clean Battery Leaks/Spills (with Pictures) - wikiHow

How do I clean up a battery leak? - Photo.net photo.net Forum

Break a leg.

Leaking batteries are a killer as the chemicals corrode pretty much any metal they come into contact with.
There is a bright side; the battery compartment is commonly sealed so, unless the leak is terrible and long term, it's probably confined to that area and electrical connections within it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDd4VkUm85Y]Using Q-Tips to Clean Battery Corrosion - YouTube[/ame]

How to Clean Battery Leaks/Spills (with Pictures) - wikiHow

How do I clean up a battery leak? - Photo.net photo.net Forum

Break a leg.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

However, further to my above, a digital camera would probably still be better...and a lot cheaper to run.

Many people will tell you how an SLR is by far the best and the only choice; these are mostly camera anoraks with no thought as to how other people use cameras.
They'll tell you anything else is total crap and a waste of money - I disagree.

As with anything, you must decide what you want to do with it.
You don't but a super powerful sports car to nip down the street for a tin of baked beans; you buy a small compact car; the same goes for a camera.
If you're looking for a simple snapshot thing, there are loads of cheap pocket compacts around. most aren't all that great but they're small and easy to carry.
A pro will generally use an SLR as they do tend to be the best.
My hobby shooting is different.
I need a camera that does everything but without changing lenses or much messing around to set up for a shot.
I do street work so the thing needs to be out of its case and ready in as short a time as possible and, regardless of range to the target, has to be just as fast to ready.
My Fuji HS50 is capable of reasonable quality but the 42X optical zoom is really handy to get long shots.
Most pros will laugh at the Fuji but their mirth is out of ignorance and self importance.

OK, the camera is up and running. If I just had any idea where my camera bag is. It has my shutter release cable, the original lens that came on the camera, a soft focus lens, and assorted other stuff.

And if I could remember about the aperture settings! LOL.

Is there any place that still develops film?

And now I need to find a place to have pics transferred from film to disc.

Forum List

Back