Lawyer alleges discrimination after security at Raptors game bars Israeli-hostages sweatshirt

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What is wrong with this shirt? The TV camera doesn't have to pan to him and it isn't vulgar in nature.

I guarantee you that in some locales in the U.S there would be a similar response.

Tell me what is wrong with this shirt? Who does it offend? Pro-kidnappers?!?

freehostages.jpg

A Toronto lawyer says she and a friend were discriminated against at a Raptors game on Thursday night, when they were asked to leave the venue over a sweatshirt calling for the release of Israeli hostages.

The sweatshirt doesn't offend me nor does the actions of the venue bother me. Both are permitted to have their opinions.

The sweatshirt doesn't offend me nor does the actions of the venue bother me. Both are permitted to have their opinions.
The opinion is that he should be thrown out for wearing a shirt that peacefully says "free our hostages".

If he wore a BLM shirt would he have been kicked out? What about a CCP shirt with a Chinese National flag?

This is offensive. History repeats itself with Jews and people are pretending this is normal. I could even have accepted it if there were offensive images or political messages, this is in fact, a message of humanity. Free their citizens who have been kidnapped for months now.

I have always related to Judaism even before I knew I did. This is a reminder than I am on the right side of history. Who is he offending? Who even sees the shirt?

This is what you would get as you follow us.

The opinion is that he should be thrown out for wearing a shirt that peacefully says "free our hostages".

I imagine he got the option of removing it.

If he wore a BLM shirt would he have been kicked out? What about a CCP shirt with a Chinese National flag?

No idea but my opinion wouldn't change.

This is offensive. History repeats itself with Jews and people are pretending this is normal. I could even have accepted it if there were offensive images or political messages, this is in fact, a message of humanity. Free their citizens who have been kidnapped for months now.

I have always related to Judaism even before I knew I did. This is a reminder than I am on the right side of history. Who is he offending? Who even sees the shirt?

This is what you would get as you follow us.

Not really my concern. It's not my place to tell him what to wear nor my place to tell a venue what they may accept.

Forum List

Back