A Brief Presentation of White Privilege

Answer my question. Those 5 pts. What am I describing? Seems simple.

You answer that and I will answer any question you may have. But use logic not some odd links or biased books. Just simple logic. Let's try it and see where we get to. And please keep your posts brief. My goodness are you wordy.
AKA, "don't answer my questions using books, information and/or facts, answer them the way I want you to."

Classic!

#LOLGOP

Incorrect, sir. I was desribing a slave plantation in the pre civil war South. Eeeerily similar to urban neighborhoods though. Yet blacks keep voting Democrat, who in turn give them just enough to get by and to keep voting for them. Because God forbid they became successful and no longer needed Gov't assistance they would vote Republican and many successful blacks do. So Democrats who control urban cities via mayors, city council, police chief, etc...don't really want to make these places better. Not good for politics. But their scapegoats are racism, white privilege and now Donald Trump.

Something to think about? Don't you agree?
List all the things that Democrats by themselves, give to blacks.

You obviously haven’t read my posts because I shut down idiots like PTWB every chance I get and I ask everybody probing questions so I can gain a better understanding of how they think. I ask it of blacks, whites, reds and yellows, I dont care who I’m talking to or what the subject.

So as a white guy who is also a coach that works with children how am I supposed to use the white privilege argument with the kids in a productive way? I’m not seeing how teaching the white kids that they have an advantage or teaching the minorities that they are disadvantaged is a helpful thing. I teach all kids to do their best, work hard, show respect, have character, integrity and pride in who they are how they carry themselves.

While I do understand the historical reality of “white privilege” I can only understand its practicality in an intellectual level. If you feel it has practical application and is an important thing to teach and promote then I’m curious what your message is, who you want it delivered to, and what your goal is??

I’m a white guy who despises racists so here is you opportunity to explain to me how I can make a difference.
I've observed your posts and I agree with your sentiment.

To answer the white privilege question you posed, I'd simply say this...

If you believe it's a real thing, then you understand that it is wrong, and as such should be done away with. Paramount to doing away with a pervasive problem is to be AWARE of the problem. Hence it would be productive to teach your youth, of all stripes, about the pervasive nature and damaging nature of white privilege, the purpose is to stomp it out.

The youth are one of the best places to start.

Agree?

Without even realizing it, you just demonstrated your unconscious bias.

The topic of our conversational exchange was how black people are discriminated against in society and how so many whites deny the continued existence of racial discrimination against people of African descent specifically. Yet for some reason as a counterpoint to my statement you introduced the topic of your perception of black as criminals, even stating that blacks are targeted for crimes which you seem to be implying we actually commit.

Your slip indicates that you view black people in terms of criminality and it would appear, based on the comments I've seen not just from you but from the majority of the other posters who pile on, in no positive light at all. That doesn't make sense because no group of people is all good or all bad.

I have no problem at all with giving credit where credit is due but from what I've seen, again based on the comments since my arrival here, the majority of you all couldn't come up with a redeaming quality or feature of any black person if it was needed to do so in order to save your own lives.

What crime was this guy committing?
Viral video shows white woman stopping black man from entering his own apartment
@MizMolly doesn't. like. black. people.

Incorrect, sir. I was desribing a slave plantation in the pre civil war South. Eeeerily similar to urban neighborhoods though. Yet blacks keep voting Democrat, who in turn give them just enough to get by and to keep voting for them. Because God forbid they became successful and no longer needed Gov't assistance they would vote Republican and many successful blacks do. So Democrats who control urban cities via mayors, city council, police chief, etc...don't really want to make these places better. Not good for politics. But their scapegoats are racism, white privilege and now Donald Trump.

Something to think about? Don't you agree?
List all the things that Democrats by themselves, give to blacks.

This is an A to B conversation. C yourself out. Notice how he never responded. Probably because I am 100% right. You keep being a Dem Zombie, Marc.

Notice how he never responded.

If this is about me I was hoping you were going to go back and answer my question to you, since I answered yours. I've also just been busy.

My question was: "Why do these disparities exist, not just in crime but in wealth, income, education, and so on?"

Honestly I'm not that interested in segueing into a conversation about voting demographics, although you almost implied that more successful (I assume meaning of higher socio-economic status) blacks are more likely to vote Republican, which I think is a dubious claim you probably have no evidence for. I also think the "why don't Democrat mayors/city councils/etc. fix the problem..." is predicated on a lot of dubious assumptions, but I would be interested if you wanted to elaborate on it, by way of answering my previous question. Bearing in mind I already said that I don't think Democrats are or have ever been blameless and I don't think these are strictly partisan issues. My primary interest is not in deciding whether Republicans or Democrats are to blame, my interest is in understanding how we got here and what might we do to fix the problems that exist?

In terms of equality. NO ONE gets equal opportunities. I probably get better opportunities than some and my kids will over others. BUT we all have the same rights, meaning we can work hard and achieve whatever our hearts desire. Some just have a tougher climb than others.

I think it's easy to create a false dichotomy out of this sort of argument. I agree that the ideal of absolute equality of opportunity (not just in terms of race, but in terms of class, nationality, whatever) is probably unreachable; life is complicated. But it doesn't follow that the levels of inequality which exist now (again not just of race) should be acceptable to us.

Notice how he never responded.

If this is about me I was hoping you were going to go back and answer my question to you, since I answered yours. I've also just been busy.

My question was: "Why do these disparities exist, not just in crime but in wealth, income, education, and so on?"

Honestly I'm not that interested in segueing into a conversation about voting demographics, although you almost implied that more successful (I assume meaning of higher socio-economic status) blacks are more likely to vote Republican, which I think is a dubious claim you probably have no evidence for. I also think the "why don't Democrat mayors/city councils/etc. fix the problem..." is predicated on a lot of dubious assumptions, but I would be interested if you wanted to elaborate on it, by way of answering my previous question. Bearing in mind I already said that I don't think Democrats are or have ever been blameless and I don't think these are strictly partisan issues. My primary interest is not in deciding whether Republicans or Democrats are to blame, my interest is in understanding how we got here and what might we do to fix the problems that exist?

In terms of equality. NO ONE gets equal opportunities. I probably get better opportunities than some and my kids will over others. BUT we all have the same rights, meaning we can work hard and achieve whatever our hearts desire. Some just have a tougher climb than others.

I think it's easy to create a false dichotomy out of this sort of argument. I agree that the ideal of absolute equality of opportunity (not just in terms of race, but in terms of class, nationality, whatever) is probably unreachable; life is complicated. But it doesn't follow that the levels of inequality which exist now (again not just of race) should be acceptable to us.

My fix:

Educate kids from as early as elementary school. Don’t be a single parent, graduate high school, get a job. If we do that it will solve a lot of ills.

No one ever has equal opportunities but we all have equal rights. Stop confabulating in your boorish lingo.

Educate kids from as early as elementary school. Don’t be a single parent, graduate high school, get a job. If we do that it will solve a lot of ills.

You didn't answer the first part of my question: why does the present level of inequality exist, in your opinion? Also, I'm curious how you think we might go about creating more educated people with more stable families and better employment. I agree those are good goals. How do you accomplish them?

Stop confabulating in your boorish lingo.

Confabulation implies that I've said something false. Can you be more specific?

well named,

everyone has equal opportunity under the law. I think one of the greatest parts of our country is that everyone has a chance to succeed. If people do not have equal opportunities, it must obviously be addressed. People tend to be vague when answering how exactly opportunity is denied. I'm not a sociologist, so I have no idea how people are being prevented from succeeding. I would urge caution however in using the government as a hammer to enforce 'opportunity.' This goes down the road of ensuring outcome, and that is proven to be a disastrous means of governing.

You didn't answer the first part of my question: why does the present level of inequality exist, in your opinion? Also, I'm curious how you think we might go about creating more educated people with more stable families and better employment. I agree those are good goals. How do you accomplish them?

Stop confabulating in your boorish lingo.

Confabulation implies that I've said something false. Can you be more specific?

Confabulation means speaking in an odd and forked tongue and I told you how. Education, job, no single parent families. Why do we have unequal outcomes? Each case needs to be studied separately but I gave you my reasons when you thought I was talking about inner cities but I was talking about a pre civil war plantation.

Democrats don’t do African Americans any favors treating them like victims and giving them just enough to get by but not enough to persevere without Govt assistance. I d start by voting Republican.

Last edited:
Clearly I am arguing that racism is a part of the "vicious cycle" I've described. But the argument is also that the effects of past racism (which was even worse than in the present) are still felt. All of these things are intertwined, and it's not that easy to separate them: neighborhoods of concentrated poverty, single parent households (exacerbated by mass incarceration), crime, lack of economic mobility, discrimination, and so on.

Part of what makes racial stereotypes about criminality and poverty so pernicious is the way these things are self-sustaining. So, I do not think it's racist to observe that there are racial disparities in crime rates. I think that those disparities indicate a problem that we ought to pay attention to. Why do these disparities exist, not just in crime but in wealth, income, education, and so on? No reasonable answers can be given to those questions if we ignore the actual history of racism in the US, which is why I provided so many links, and have referenced several books about that history.

The racist answer is to ignore all of that and insist that somehow blacks are just inherently criminal, or inherently possess some "culture of poverty". Whether the appeal is to genes or culture, the defining feature of these answers is the desire to absolve broader social institutions of any responsibility. The desire is to proclaim that racial inequality is natural and inevitable and therefore no social problem at all. That's the problem with ceasing to think after proclaiming (falsely) that blacks commit 50% of the crimes and so obviously just deserve to be stopped more. No one with any understanding of the history and the available research will reach that conclusion. Of course the problems are bigger than the police, and can't be fixed just by changing policing strategies. But community police departments should be aware of these issues and try to at least avoid making them worse. Racial profiling makes it worse, and also (as I pointed out before) doesn't even work. So police departments should avoid doing it.
Thank you for the thought and effort put into making this point. I've often wondered if these points were rejected whenever one of the African American posters made them simply because the racist element would reject anything coming from one of us as invalid due to the alleged "inferiority" of blacks. Now that I've seen them reject your explanation as well it cements my original belief that they will reject anything that is in conflict with their version of reality that insists that whites are superior. After all our laws, courts, etc. have explicitedly stated this to be true.

The topic of our conversational exchange was how black people are discriminated against in society and how so many whites deny the continued existence of racial discrimination against people of African descent specifically. Yet for some reason as a counterpoint to my statement you introduced the topic of your perception of black as criminals, even stating that blacks are targeted for crimes which you seem to be implying we actually commit.

Your slip indicates that you view black people in terms of criminality and it would appear, based on the comments I've seen not just from you but from the majority of the other posters who pile on, in no positive light at all. That doesn't make sense because no group of people is all good or all bad.

I have no problem at all with giving credit where credit is due but from what I've seen, again based on the comments since my arrival here, the majority of you all couldn't come up with a redeaming quality or feature of any black person if it was needed to do so in order to save your own lives.

Viral video shows white woman stopping black man from entering his own apartment
@MizMolly doesn't. like. black. people.
More lies. Where did i say all blacks are criminals? You are so pathetic. I have nieces married to wonderful black men, so dont start your usual lying shit

I am guessing that we will someday see MarcATL on the evening news surrounded by a swat team.
Based on what exactly?
They saw this and got confused....
swatcbs.png

yes, history, many years ago,there was white privilege. Not so much today, it is more status privilege. Money talks
White people lying and getting black people fired, removed from places of public accomodations, confronted by the police, stopped by the police, shot by the police with no repercussions - that has been happening since black people first arrived on these shores and it is still happening TODAY, it's all over the news.

Can you imagine being targeted and harassed on a regular basis when you haven't been engaged in unlawful activity and you have no recourse and can't do anything to force it to stop? And then on top of that, you have a bunch of people telling you that the things that you've been experiencing don't exist and therefore they could not have happened to you.

Is it really impossible for you to not just imagine this but to see that this is happening all around you in the world we live in TODAY?
While i dont deny that racism is still here, you cant say the majority of blacks are targeted for crimes not commited. Blacks tend to excuse other blacks when they do commit a crime. Sometimes they are approached by law enforcement with a reason. How about the black cops who "harrass" ?

It wasn't a slip and in now way is just blacks. What I am saying is that when blacks do commit crimes, it seems like so many blacks defend them. I don't care what color you are, if you commit a crime,you are guilty. There are many great blacks and whites.I don't demean just blacks. The problem is, how many black posters say anything positive about white people? Your reply just showed what I was talking about. Not all blacks are targeted just because of their race,but you defend them. And I did say racism hasn't ended, just that it isn't always about race.
Let me see if I can give you an example of what I'm talking about. Let's say that you have come to me because you were a victim of a crime and you'd like my assistance. And just to make things simple, let's say the people who victimized you are white. During my intake I ask you what happened, do you know who did this, do you have any evidence to support your allegations, etc. and after you've provided me with everything I've asked for I explain to you what I believe your options are and how you can best proceed to obtain some resolution. This is what generally happens.

Now, let's consider the same scenario but after I have all of the information from you, instead of focusing on how I can help you, I begin querying you about your background, your criminal history, anything you may have done to contribute to the crime committed against you, etc.

How would you feel in each of the two scenarios and why? Your previous response indicates that you still are not cognizant of how you turned a conversation on the racial discrimination against African Americans into a commentary of the alleged criminality of African Americans in general. I honestly do not know what you're referring to about black people defending other black people who commit crimes. Can you give me a specific example?

yes, history, many years ago,there was white privilege. Not so much today, it is more status privilege. Money talks
White people lying and getting black people fired, removed from places of public accomodations, confronted by the police, stopped by the police, shot by the police with no repercussions - that has been happening since black people first arrived on these shores and it is still happening TODAY, it's all over the news.

Can you imagine being targeted and harassed on a regular basis when you haven't been engaged in unlawful activity and you have no recourse and can't do anything to force it to stop? And then on top of that, you have a bunch of people telling you that the things that you've been experiencing don't exist and therefore they could not have happened to you.

Is it really impossible for you to not just imagine this but to see that this is happening all around you in the world we live in TODAY?
While i dont deny that racism is still here, you cant say the majority of blacks are targeted for crimes not commited. Blacks tend to excuse other blacks when they do commit a crime. Sometimes they are approached by law enforcement with a reason. How about the black cops who "harrass" ?

It wasn't a slip and in now way is just blacks. What I am saying is that when blacks do commit crimes, it seems like so many blacks defend them. I don't care what color you are, if you commit a crime,you are guilty. There are many great blacks and whites.I don't demean just blacks. The problem is, how many black posters say anything positive about white people? Your reply just showed what I was talking about. Not all blacks are targeted just because of their race,but you defend them. And I did say racism hasn't ended, just that it isn't always about race.
Let me see if I can give you an example of what I'm talking about. Let's say that you have come to me because you were a victim of a crime and you'd like my assistance. And just to make things simple, let's say the people who victimized you are white. During my intake I ask you what happened, do you know who did this, do you have any evidence to support your allegations, etc. and after you've provided me with everything I've asked for I explain to you what I believe your options are and how you can best proceed to obtain some resolution. This is what generally happens.

Now, let's consider the same scenario but after I have all of the information from you, instead of focusing on how I can help you, I begin querying you about your background, your criminal history, anything you may have done to contribute to the crime committed against you, etc.

How would you feel in each of the two scenarios and why? Your previous response indicates that you still are not cognizant of how you turned a conversation on the racial discrimination against African Americans into a commentary of the alleged criminality of African Americans in general. I honestly do not know what you're referring to about black people defending other black people who commit crimes. Can you give me a specific example?
I never doubted those scenarios happen. It is wrong. If it is a first time offender it is understandable to be upset. As far as defending other blacks, oj simpson, michael ferguson, pretty much any black found guilty of a crime, if a white is found guilty he deserves punishment. Also, multiple offenders deserve harsher punishments, i dont care what their race is. All those saying oj and michael were innocent would think differently if they were white offenders, but i wouldnt

Last edited:
I never doubted those scenarios happen. It is wrong. If it is a first time offender it is understandable to be upset. As far as defending other blacks, oj simpson, michael ferguson, pretty much any black found guilty of a crime, if a white is found guilty he deserves punishment. Also, multiple offenders deserve harsher punishments, i dont care what their race is. All those saying oj and michael were innocent would think differently if they were white offenders, but i wouldnt
My focus was on racial discrimination against African Americans in general, which would include the criminal justice system, but that's just a small but significant part, while your main focus seems to be on African Americans as criminals.

According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,220,300 adults were incarcerated in US federal and state prisons, and county jails in 2013 – about 0.91% of adults (1 in 110) in the U.S. resident population. Additionally, 4,751,400 adults in 2013 (1 in 51) were on probation or on parole.
Even if every single one of the individuals who are currently incarated were black, it still wouldn't be anywhere close to "all black people" or even "most black people" yet due to racial bias and discrimination ALL black people are painted with the same broad brush as those who are actual criminals. And just FYI death is not the lawful punishment for mouthing off to the police, disrespecting them, fleeing from them, not obeying their orders, etc.

I can't believe you even brough up OJ Simpson and then put him in the same category with Michael Brown.

Molly really has a lot of problems. She's basically a female correll.

Forum List

Back